• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 Six Nations] France vs Scotland (Round 1)

In fairness I don't tend to read between the lines on a rugby forum, generally save that for proper reading, but if it was a joke then fine.

I don't think the French salary cap works too well as the Aviva Prem (I feel at least) is a more level competition. As for Scotland V France I can't really understand why quite so many have the Jocks on as definite winners.

As Beattie wasn't in the initial squad maybe he won't start? Not that we have alternatives, but you'd hope they weren't relying on Denton surviving the entire tournament!
well David Denton was the only number 8 listed in the squad then he was to miss the first game and Beattie came in and he's the only other number 8 and I would rather have someone starting who is originally a number 8 for club then a number 8 which is originally a blindside flanker.

well David Denton was the only number 8 listed in the squad then he was to miss the first game and Beattie came in and he's the only other number 8 and I would rather have someone starting who is originally a number 8 for club then a number 8 which is originally a blindside flanker.

I agree! Just think it's odd Cotter didn't prepare for the possibility of Denton getting injured.

Well I think that Ashe would have been lined upto co we but he's also injured.

Tales ... What the hell is he doing in that team ?

Kockott to start ... And Lopez plays in club with Parra ... Any logic ?

Guirado to start and Kayser on the bench ???

PSA stroke again !!!

Parra and Lopez are club partners (as are Talès and Kockott...), but Saint-André wouldn't play them together because, who knows, we might then play some attractive and fluid rugby because of their complementarity and mutual habits!
Talès shouldn't be in there anyway, I'd pick Plisson, Wisniewski, Bernard, Beauxis and even Parra or Mermoz at 10 over him. Since he kicked 2 drops in the 2013 Top 14 final, he's been grossly overrated and overused by Saint-André, despite never showing impressive form in the France jersey!

Parra and Lopez are club partners (as are Talès and Kockott...), but Saint-André wouldn't play them together because, who knows, we might then play some attractive and fluid rugby because of their complementarity and mutual habits!
Talès shouldn't be in there anyway, I'd pick Plisson, Wisniewski, Bernard, Beauxis and even Parra or Mermoz at 10 over him. Since he kicked 2 drops in the 2013 Top 14 final, he's been grossly overrated and overused by Saint-André, despite never showing impressive form in the France jersey!

Even though i am no fan of PSA you can't just pick anyone because you dont like Tales, Parra is only just getting back from injury that is why he is on the bench if think, i am not a lover either of Tales but on the bench he is a safe bet the above mentioned have little International experience bar Beauxis who is just too old too fat and too slow, and no way would PSA throw someone with little or no experience into the 6Nations in that position that is something he has learned !!!!!!!!, i can understand your fustration you are not on your own but this match has to be won and for once i have to agree with PSA as FTD is still injured. I hope Mermoz at 10 was a joke !!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Not sure on the Tales hate.

He's a solid 10 who plays nice attacking rugby and can run a game very well.

Beauxis over Tales is ridiculous.

It's all semantics anyway. FTD should be the 1st/2nd fly half when he returns, depending on how bad the injury hampers him. Parra brings a lot of speed to the attack for France with his quick taps and his passing from the base. Problem for them though is that Cotter knows him so well that i'm sure he has a plan to deal with him.

It's all semantics anyway. FTD should be the 1st/2nd fly half when he returns, depending on how bad the injury hampers him. Parra brings a lot of speed to the attack for France with his quick taps and his passing from the base. Problem for them though is that Cotter knows him so well that i'm sure he has a plan to deal with him.

As far as things go he's back training FTD but obviously no contact yet, spoke to him on Sat and everything seems fine Grenoble probably a little early on the 21st Feb but La Rochelle 6/7th March could be his comeback, no 6 Nations this year but should be roaring in 3/4months and ready for the WC in Blighty. Could be very interesting to see Vern Cotter's plans unfold as you said he is by no means blind to the PSA tactics and there will be a certain spice about the match as it's his 1st 6 Nations with Scotland, lucky enough to be there on Sat evening to see it.

Last edited:
Even though i am no fan of PSA you can't just pick anyone because you dont like Tales, Parra is only just getting back from injury that is why he is on the bench if think, i am not a lover either of Tales but on the bench he is a safe bet the above mentioned have little International experience bar Beauxis who is just too old too fat and too slow, and no way would PSA throw someone with little or no experience into the 6Nations in that position that is something he has learned !!!!!!!!, i can understand your fustration you are not on your own but this match has to be won and for once i have to agree with PSA as FTD is still injured. I hope Mermoz at 10 was a joke !!!!!!!!

Well, Wisniewski, Plisson and Bernard are better than Tales. And they are all fly-halves ...
And Mermoz in blue jersey is a joke ! But not only at n10, also at 12 and 13 !

Well, Wisniewski, Plisson and Bernard are better than Tales. And they are all fly-halves ...
And Mermoz in blue jersey is a joke ! But not only at n10, also at 12 and 13 !

Whether they are better or not is not really the issue, Tales will have little game time unless Lopez is injured eary on and no way would any of the above be thrown into the lions den on an opening 6 Nations game. Tales provides a safe option in a game which has to be won at all costs, this is why he is selected.
Wisniewski, Plisson and Bernard are not at the moment International 10 standard we had Bernard last week at Montpellier we were down to 14 for an hour after Paille's red card and he showed absolutely nothing with numeric advantage, he did not get across the gain line and his distribution was no where near International standard. When FTD is fit which will be soon none of them will get a look in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whether they are better or not is not really the issue, Tales will have little game time unless Lopez is injured eary on and no way would any of the above be thrown into the lions den on an opening 6 Nations game. Tales provides a safe option in a game which has to be won at all costs, this is why he is selected.
Wisniewski, Plisson and Bernard are not at the moment International 10 standard we had Bernard last week at Montpellier we were down to 14 for an hour after Paille's red card and he showed absolutely nothing with numeric advantage, he did not get across the gain line and his distribution was no where near International standard. When FTD is fit which will be soon none of them will get a look in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well the only thing is that PSA does not like FTD, so not sure he'll be picked up even if he's fit ... I would have picked Plisson instead of Tales. They have about the same amount of experience in Bleu but Plisson leads the top14 with SF and Tales is the last with CO ... Makes a big difference in confidence don't you think ?

No not at all Plisson has had a couple of disasters with the French team and as i said previously Tales is by far the safe bet, whether you like it or not.
As far as FTD goes he will be in the system that is absolutely certain it was never PSA but Lagisquet is the coach who did not want FTD, but that little episode is over.

Well I've got my tickets to the game sorted and my flights to Paris tomorrow. Now I just need to dig out my kilt. I hope I've had it dry cleaned since last time...

Scottish team:

Scotland XV v France: Hogg Visser Bennett Dunbar Seymour; Russell Laidlaw; Dickinson Ford Murray; J Gray R Gray; Harley Cowan Beattie

Good strong team. If they can compete up front with the French than they could cause an upset. But at home Im going for the French by 8.

Scottish team:

Scotland XV v France: Hogg Visser Bennett Dunbar Seymour; Russell Laidlaw; Dickinson Ford Murray; J Gray R Gray; Harley Cowan Beattie

Scottish team that confident they don't need a bench !!!!!!!!!!! could be a mistake even against the French.

Latest posts