• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (25/07/2015)

It's always concerned me SBW has kept company with guys like this. Their conversations must be pigeon English at best.

Last edited:
Just caught some of the game on the news. What were the Aussies up to, foul play form Cooper and Hooper.. pretty disgraceful really.

If you think the foul play from Hooper and Cooper was disgraceful you did not watch the game. Cooper just stuck out a lazy arm no malice in it. Hooper was held back and and then used an open hand to push the player off him. They only look bad due to the Theatrics of the Argentine players. Fair result with the yellow card we were already on warning for high shots I think. Really hope some SANZAR don't blow the whole thing out of proportion a week at most for it.

you can only wonder with the tweet being posted at 4:30 the next morning after the game if the wallabies were celebrating too much haha

Just caught some of the game on the news. What were the Aussies up to, foul play form Cooper and Hooper.. pretty disgraceful really.

The Hooper "punch": http://imgur.com/a/mJKL2

Also, as TBK writes above, Cooper's YC offence was hardly "disgraceful"... an eye gouge is disgraceful, but whilst I'm no Cooper fan what he did wouldn't have even been a penalty in the NRL (though mostly because the NRL isn't full of girls who fall over like they've been shot any time they think they can fool the ref).

Seriously, it's a lazy slap on the shoulder and no more.

As for Hooper, word out of Fairfax is their footage is pretty conclusive that Sanchez took a massive dive. If so he ought to cop the sanctions for two counts of cynical play in attempting to prevent a try: 1. holding a player back in a try scoring situation, and 2. taking a dive to try influence the result after a professional foul.

God forbid, but if SANZAR says it's a punch and suspends Hooper, is still not a punch, not matter what? I mean, I agree Sánchez is a flopper, but if the video refs say it, are they "making a big fuzz about it"?

Like no matter what you're always right even if nobody else believes it?

I'm from South America but I support Hooper in this situation. This is rugby!!! We don't want to see player diving like soccer girls. Someone had to hit Sanchez, it was just an act of divine justice

OH right, good to know the full story. Lol @ NZ media.

Regardless of whether it connected or not, or if the bloke was impeding, he shouldn't be throwing haymakers around.

What a poofta for diving though, embarrassing.

Last edited:
Really bad game from the pumas. However, we faced probably the best team Australia can field (with one exception, Giteau), whereas we had 4 starters missing, with 1 debutant, 1 player playing his first RC test ever, Camacho with his first game in 2 years and in Hourcade's era, and Cordero for the first time as a FB. And we still were 6-8 at halftime. Our expanding style of play is not paying off, as a matter of fact, is costing us many points. We are not ready yet to try to play from our 22, I believe that should be clear enough for Hourcade by now.
Nico Sanchez is really out of form, which is worrisome since he has started 99% of the games since Hourcade took over, and we have no real replacement, with the exception of Hernandez, who has been playing as 12 99% of the time.
I really liked Socino, i think he earned his place in the squad.
I liked the offensive facet of the game of Cordero, he gained many meters, but his defense is still very soft. Thats was evident in Mumm's try.
Camacho, no words to describe this guy's courage. If he stays fit, he would be a starter for sure.

I think it is really difficult with the limited footage to know if it was a punch or a slap or if the Argentine player just made it look worse with a dive, could not guess which way sanzar will go.

If sanzar sees that footage and only that footage I cant see how they can let Hooper off. It "looks" pretty bad. Wheres the footage of this guy taking a dive?

It almost looks like Hooper is superhuman the way he goes flying though. LOL.

But then theres also the Etzebeth nutgrab incident which is very similar to this cant see much but something happened.

Nah, that's no proof, particularly the first championships.
Everyone in Argentina knew that after the 3rd place in the world cup the generational change in the team would hurt them (our best generation). They were well aware of that when they joined the TRC. Although i do agree it doesn't do wonders for the short term self esteem, from the realistic available options we've got, it is the best one, particularly in the long run.
Sorry, I don't know why I worded it like that. What I meant is that the ones who were sceptical about it will see it as proof. I agree with others that it simply happened far too late. I think there should be some kind of system that automatically promotes you once you've reached the level, but I have no idea how to do that in the SH. In the north, they could introduce a promotion/relegation playoff between the worst Six Nations team and the best European Nations Cup team or at least regular matches to determine how good the teams really are.

I really can't make out much in the Hooper/Sánchez footage. It looks bad, but I find it too hard to tell based on that.

Latest posts