• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2015 TRC] Argentina v Australia in Mendoza (25/07/2015)

I agree with most of what you're saying about the Pumas' performance, Horacito.

The backs don't seem to have a coherent gameplan, they just seem to have a crack at whatever they think of first.
Hopefully this will develop from their SR side.

Being included in these tournaments won't magically improve teams overnight. It'll take years for the effects to take place. Argentina are still new to this tournament and will realistically take a decade at least to start winning matches regularly.

People have to be more realistic. To get better, countries have to invest in the grassroots and be patient.

The 6N has no interest in expanding currently - the "they're scared" ******** from anyone who wants in is very tiresome.

Anyone see Hooper's punch on Camacho?

Perhaps fear is exaggerated. Let's say England, Ireland, France and Wales prefer to keep their easy victories against Scotland and especially against Italy.

Argentina would be a tougher opponent than Italy and Scotland

Last edited:
Perhaps fear is exaggerated. Let's say England, Ireland, France and Wales prefer to keep their easy victories against Scotland and especially against Italy.

Argentina would be a tougher opponent than Italy and Scotland
I don't think they do, to be honest if wasn't for tradition of keeping Scotland and the 'balance' to the schedule Italy brings they'd probably jettison both for a tougher competition.

Being included in these tournaments won't magically improve teams overnight. It'll take years for the effects to take place. Argentina are still new to this tournament and will realistically take a decade at least to start winning matches regularly.

People have to be more realistic. To get better, countries have to invest in the grassroots and be patient.

I agree, mate. That's the way, it will be looooong and haaaaard, nobody said it was easy. What is filling my patience is the Soccer Media and the soccer supporters here. They hate rugby and hate our national rugby team, they celebrate ALL the Pumas defeats. They are like the blacks in SA during the apartheid, they supported the ABs and Wallabies against Boks. It's hard to stay calm in that situation

Yeh nothing to do with distance or cost as well.

Or time zones.

There is more time difference between Argentina and AUS/NZ than UK and Argentina and yet TRC works

Last edited:
Every time Argentina is going through a rough patch are we going to suffer the morons who think we shouldn't be playing RC? So boring.

I'm not going to say that. I just wish your entry had been timed for when you had a team strong enough to be competing i.e. before this point. Hopefully in time this will accelerate your rebuilding of a team that good.

Expanding rugby's competitions seems to be a big topic of conversation at the moment. What I take away from the experiences of Argentina and Italy is you need to strike when the iron is hot rather than waiting for the generation to prove it all and fade away.

I'm not going to say that. I just wish your entry had been timed for when you had a team strong enough to be competing i.e. before this point. Hopefully in time this will accelerate your rebuilding of a team that good.

Expanding rugby's competitions seems to be a big topic of conversation at the moment. What I take away from the experiences of Argentina and Italy is you need to strike when the iron is hot rather than waiting for the generation to prove it all and fade away.

Both teams spent their peak years having to be forced to prove it rather than in the Championship. The same thing happens, and will always happens as long as there is no system that reacts to and can enact change quicker. This is not possible when any potential new side would have to go through years of 6N/SANZAR blazers debating it, followed by a wait as much of the 6N or RC is scheduled 2 years in advance.

Argentina started lobbying hard around 2002ish, reach an all time high in 2005-07 and finally told they'll be allowed in .... but in 4 years time.

Seems nobody wants to put this here:

The youngest captain in the history of the Wallabies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems nobody wants to put this here:

The youngest captain in the history of the Wallabies.

Supposedly Cheika isn't worried about this because they have another angle showing Sanchez pulling him back by his collar (professional foul and yellow card) and then the actual "punch" not even making contact. Apparently this was a classic dive - surprise surprise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow.

So that was diving, and the movement of his head is just acting.

This southamericans with their football habits.

Wow.

So that was diving, and the movement of his head is just acting.

This southamericans with their football habits.

The motion of the head I believe is called "flinching" - but we'll soon see either way. As I said, Cheika apparently isn't at all concerned due to the other camera angle, and let's face it Sanchez has a history of histrionics.

It'll be interesting to see what happens - if Cheika is right then Sanchez might be the one to get banned for both the professional foul AND the dive.

THIS IN SPADES!

The time to have gotten Argentina involved in SANZAR was when they were third in the world and finished third at the 2007 RWC. Instead, the suits at SANZAR sat on their hands or twiddled their thumbs for five years while all the the players who had made Argentina strong like the Contepomi brothers, Pichot, Roncero, Ledesma, Albecete, Corleto, Borges, the older Fernandez-Lobbe brother and Todeschini retired or had gone past their best.

As a result, their international match exposure to top opposition became limited, playing only six matches each year as compared with the top nations playing 13-15 matches each year. Argentina lost ground and free-fell down the rankings.

IMO, had the Rugby Championship started in 2008 instead of 2012, I'm sure we would already be looking at a couple of Argentine based teams in Super Rugby and a much improved Pumas team.

Yeah, Sánchez is a flopper.

Actually, I could actually be interested in seeing what Hourcade pulles off, Hernández? I would choose somebody else just to see the options pre-world cup.

1437948041890.jpg

Latest posts