• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2016 Olympic Games, Rio

I can't see what they support though?... they just look like pads rather than strapping.

Could just be that? Maybe had some knee injuries and it takes impact out of them hitting the turf. I imagine the grounds like concrete so going knee first onto it, if you dislocated a knee before, is going to be...concerning

Aus have looked way above NZ so far, GH.

Can't see what the pads would do, Olyy... same issue as with helmets - you need a completely impractical amount of material to absorb any real amount of force, the only thing that they'd do is stop cuts/grazing.

Last edited:
Ja... comfortably the best player and athlete in the women's tournament.

If all the players were at her level, then the women's game would be right up there with the men's.

You Obv haven't seen Aus play yet.
Correct I didn't. Were this not the slowest day of my life I probably wouldn't have seen any Olympic sport bar the boxing to be fair though.
Lord the French player just ran backwards 15 meters and got smashed.

Been pleasantly surprised by the women's 7s having never seen it before. Fijians have good hands (are they born that way?) and there were some impressive kicks into space (usually a cardinal sin in 7s). Three of the four quarter finals should be competitive.

Been pleasantly surprised by the women's 7s having never seen it before. Fijians have good hands (are they born that way?) and there were some impressive kicks into space (usually a cardinal sin in 7s). Three of the four quarter finals should be competitive.

The Kiwis looked quite impressive, I've yet to see the Aussies or Fijians. I've been very disappointed by the basic skill levels of the GB team - lots of lazy looping passes getting put down. TO be fair, they were much better against Canada today than in the opener against Brazil.

My dad: "making it sevens instead of fifteens made the woman's matches a lot easier to watch"

Fair play by USA so close.

Another 4 years and they could be interesting in Tokyo.

- - - Updated - - -

I mean 7's seems to be getting huge attention in the US and Canada. People like Lolo Jones and Leslie Jones talking about it etc.

Promising.

Latest posts