• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 RBS Six Nations] Round 5: France vs. England (19/03/2016)

This is so English.

We've beaten the old enemy. We've won the Six Nations with a game to spare. We're one game away from a first Grand Slam in over a decade, a match we are rightly favourites for. And here we are, arguing furiously about who was to blame for a try conceded during our last victory.

There's something magical about being an English rugby fan!

+3.

It was a shockingly bad pass that turned a safe scenario into a risky one. That Ford was the one who failed to take care of the scenario doesn't excuse Youngs of culpability in the situation, or for just making a godawful lapse in basic technical skills.

I find Youngs' passing style odd in the sense that it looks as if it shouldn't really come off, but yet it still does!

Watching the game last week, when he went off on one of his little runs around the fringes, it seemed really obvious where the ball was going, yet more often than not the pass came off and England made decent ground.

Obviously as a spectator, I'm always gonna have a better overview of what's happening than any of the guys in the defensive line would, but it still looks so telegraphed!

The trick is for Youngs and the runner to create a temporary 2 on 1; the defender knows perfectly well what's going to happen, but he can't adjust to deal with it quickly enough because he has to be in a position to tackle both.

The absolute best way to deal with that sort of sniping, if you're very good, is to pretend you're ignoring the scrum-half but react quick enough to step back in and kill the bugger when he tries to go through the gap. Sort of like Jamie Roberts did with Ford actually. But it happens to quickly, you'd have to be very good to get away with it.

This is so English.

We've beaten the old enemy. We've won the Six Nations with a game to spare. We're one game away from a first Grand Slam in over a decade, a match we are rightly favourites for. And here we are, arguing furiously about who was to blame for a try conceded during our last victory.

There's something magical about being an English rugby fan!

Ha ha, I agree.

I'm certainly not arguing furiously but I was defending my point of view. Maybe I was being a bit pedantic over it, but what I said is what I believe.

Devil's advocate time; Ford's chargedowns seem to occur rather frequently at times, (those times being when he's low on confidence p'raps) and at the worst times. See last year's Wales match for another example.

Hi !
First, please forgive me for my bad english :)

I came here because I was curious to see the point of view of our friends rosbeefs ;)
First congratulation for your victory, the french team will can not stop you, but de will do everything to stoping you of the "Grand chelem" (I dont know how we said that on your language) and even if we have not many chance to defeat you I expect to see beautiful game and maybe... Why not a french victory ! Everything is possible !

Know un french we hate and we love you at the same time ! You are our best enemy ;) but we do respect you very much and I expect our team will take English rugby for exemple for the futur.

Sorry again for my incompréhensible english :/
Good luck to you
Friendly

A froggies who love you !.

Last edited:
Hope France will pitch up and play the game of their lives. A victory against our old foes will make up for our very average tournament so far.

Hi !
First, please forgive me for my bad english :)

I came here because I was curious to see the point of view of our friends rosbeefs ;)
First congratulation for your victory, the french team will can not stop you, but de will do everything to stoping you of the "Grand chelem" (I dont know how we said that on your language) and even if we have not many chance to defeat you I expect to see beautiful game and maybe... Why not a french victory ! Everything is possible !

Know un french we hate and we love you at the same time ! You are our best enemy ;) but we do respect you very much and I expect our team will take English rugby for exemple for the futur.

Sorry again for my incompréhensible english :/
Good luck to you
Friendly

A froggies who love you !.

Wish my French was as good as your English mon ami!!

Hope France will pitch up and play the game of their lives.........

Bit patronizing and arrogant.......!!!

Last edited:
Wish my French was as good as your English mon ami!!
Ah ah yes but it's true that the french is
helpfuless as the english today .
Malheuresement sinon on se fatiguerait pas à apprendre une langue :p

I think the french problem was not only Phillipe Saint André but the administration of french rugby...
Wait and see, if Noves can not save us nobody can... WE will see in 4 years...

First Blood to France UNDER 20's fairly easy victory and by far the better team 41-17, the Girlies also win 17-12 and secure the Championship on points difference from England.
Do not know whether it was televised in the UK but one o the best female games i have ever seeen, both teams battled for 80 mins. fantastic game and the French girls held on for the last 15 mins and soaked up some tremendous pressure from their English opposition, both teams should be really proud of their performances. 10,000 plus supporters in Vannes to watch the game. so 2-0 to France lets see what happens tonight.

Yes the French ladies match was shown on the red button behind a rather dour, from what I saw at the start, encounter between Glasgow and Leinster!

This probably reduced what viewing numbers there were but those who did not watch missed a cracker!

A very deserving French win but must admit I thought there some "unbeautiful" members of the French men's team................!!!

A very deserving French win but must admit I thought there some "unbeautiful" members of the French men's team................!!!

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder !!!!!

Ha! Was having a joke - never feel the need to apologise as making comments like this in jest are the norm here!

I'd like to wish England good luck for the Grand Slam. And I really mean that. If they don't choke, as recent history dictates they might, all they will have to do is thank Wales for having a bad day at the office last week. Good Luck England!

Anyone else nervous? I haven't started drinking yet. Reckon I should crack on.

Anyone else nervous? I haven't started drinking yet. Reckon I should crack on.

Can't say I'm full of confidence ahead of this game! This froggie team has to click soon :unsure:
Bottle opener and well oiled corkscrew at the ready - let's go :bonne-de:

just saw that it is Owens the referee, ready for the rip off frenchies ? :D

On the drink subject, I'm drunk of despair since last Sunday...

Latest posts