• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2016 Rugby Championship] Australia v Argentina (17/09/2016)

If Aus keep on with these penalties an early yellow card might be Arg's saviour.

Right decision to kick the points this time

- - - Updated - - -

Creevy is a diamond among rocks.

24 minutes in and I'm wondering if "Parisse-esque" is a real word

You were right, Bruce. Australia lost 5 in a row against the best NH team and the best team in the world but they can beat any other team in the world

Thanks. There is no shame in losing to Oz, they aren't third in the world by accident. But any team with a ranking score of 80+ should be looking to have a real go at them when on home soil I think. The gap is smaller than it used to be and hopefully the Pumas can show that in the rest of this game.

This looks like an "Australia vs Italy" match. Very poor game for the Pumas, it's gonna be painful.

A couple of nice touches by Amorosino so far. Is this Ascarate any good? Another head knock for one of your backs :(

Thanks. There is no shame in losing to Oz, they aren't third in the world by accident. But any team with a ranking score of 80+ should be looking to have a real go at them when on home soil I think. The gap is smaller than it used to be and hopefully the Pumas can show that in the rest of this game.

I know that, mate. I love the Aussie rugby and I respect them but some Argies are sooo fussy. Even the Kiwis are less demanding than some Argies lol

I know that, mate. I love the Aussie rugby and I respect them but some Argies are sooo fussy. Even the Kiwis are less demanding than some Argies lol

Dude, Australia is great but today they aren't doing anything special... we are a concert of handling errors and missing tackles, and it has been like that for the 90% of the games this year (including Jaguares) without sign of improvement. Oh wait, we did improve in something: we haven't anyone carded yet.

Pumas not out of this, their stat comparison is crazy in their favour (except the score) and they've stabilised after a horrible first 11mins. They can't afford to concede more than three points more though. I can't see them getting more than 24 points out of this game.

Argentina for me have four main problems:

1. Lack of physicality. Aus backs can't play if you smash them in the tight, this is Beating Australia 101 stuff.

2. The half backs. Cubelli is the main problem, he is having a shocker, but Sanchez is not exactly helping

3. Their defence across the park is flat-footed and incoherent, I think the enforced changes in the centres have had a big impact here. Where's De la Fuente? Could do with him in defence today

4. Dropping the ball, constantly

Dude, Australia is great but today they aren't doing anything special... we are a concert of handling errors and missing tackles, and it has been like that for the 90% of the games this year (including Jaguares) without sign of improvement. Oh wait, we did improve in something: we haven't anyone carded yet.

They made 3 tries in 10 minutes and their defense is stunning, they are top class. They have lost 5 in a row against the number 1 and 2 of the rankings, they always lose their first 2 games of TRC because thay have to play against ABs and everybody thinks that they are useless

Last edited:
It's a strange game. Argentina are still in it. I noticed in their last attack before half time, the Australian defence was starting to feel the pressure.

I think they'll get a few tries in the second half. Aus might too though

It's a strange game. Argentina are still in it. I noticed in their last attack before half time, the Australian defence was starting to feel the pressure.

I think they'll get a few tries in the second half. Aus might too though

Good call!

Latest posts