• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs Scotland (12/03/2017)

So that means Clifford drops out to accommodate Billy and Slade for Watson. Who dropped out for Mako?

BV for Clifford is the only change in the 24 from the Italy game. Mako replaced Mullan after the first two games.

Surprised cliff was dropped for billy instead of wood. No point in him he'll never be a real part of the team when all fit, where as cliff has so much potencial for a young player.
Jj back in so slade out
Nowell brown daly starting. Watson in on bench for may

For me back 3 ending nowell daly(fb) watson

Can't see us ending the game with Nowell Daly Watson as Brown doesn't get taken off. In fact I can't remember the last time an international FB was subbed other than due to injury. I reckon Nowell will be replaced by Watson in a straight swap and that'll be it for the back 3. Unless we do the old, Watson for ford, Farrell to 10 and Daly at 13 with teo coming on for JJ and going to 12.

Can't see us ending the game with Nowell Daly Watson as Brown doesn't get taken off. In fact I can't remember the last time an international FB was subbed other than due to injury. I reckon Nowell will be replaced by Watson in a straight swap and that'll be it for the back 3. Unless we do the old, Watson for ford, Farrell to 10 and Daly at 13 with teo coming on for JJ and going to 12.

Was just looking at the November tests from last year and Brown was taken off for Slade in the Argentina game. He doesn't normally get subbed tbf.

Daily Mail (I know) are reporting Billy might even start against Scotland.

Was just looking at the November tests from last year and Brown was taken off for Slade in the Argentina game. He doesn't normally get subbed tbf.

I guess that one probably depends who drops out for the final 23. I would imagine it will be May at this stage as otherwise we'd have 2 wings on the bench 2. Nowell, Watson and Daly would all potentially provide cover for Brown if required.

FB is going to be an interesting place to play as Hogg has definitely been one of the outstanding players of the 6N so far and he will always compete well in the air. I'm looking forward to the 2R contest with the Gray brothers as well and the Scotland back row looked pretty good against France.

I agree he prob wont but id like him to be. nowell and watson play opposite wings so if brown stays then daly moves to 13, jj off watson on his wing and teo at 12 with either ford or faz at 10 depending how the games going

Last edited:
Too early for Billy to start. Would have loved to see him come on as an impact sub

Lasted 72 min for sarries so its possible for him to play 60 at this level

Start mako george sink itoje launch hask billy hughes. That is a scary starting pack, mako george and sink good carriers and surprisingly quick for their bowling ball shape haha :) launch itoje...enough said. Hask billy hughes all such powerful runners and the scots arnt the biggest pack. Could give good go fwd to get that ball to youngs quickly so the backs can show what they can do.

Prob wont happen and leaves the bench abit low on impact (especially with wood in there) but wont happen thougj would be good to see.

Scotland 11/1! Might have a tenner on that bad boy then if England lose I will have the means to drown my sorrows

Yeah and that was a bit of an anomaly as Daly got the red within a few minutes so the backline needed to cover.

Scotland 11/1! Might have a tenner on that bad boy then if England lose I will have the means to drown my sorrows

Way a ahead of you already done. Also put a bet on them winning the tournament becausr they will stand a good chance with italy last if they beat england.

not a bad bet right there, I have a £2 treble, Scotland to win the 6 nations, ospreys to win the challenge, Glasgow to win the champions XD

Lasted 72 min for sarries so its possible for him to play 60 at this level

Start mako george sink itoje launch hask billy hughes. That is a scary starting pack, mako george and sink good carriers and surprisingly quick for their bowling ball shape haha :) launch itoje...enough said. Hask billy hughes all such powerful runners and the scots arnt the biggest pack. Could give good go fwd to get that ball to youngs quickly so the backs can show what they can do.

Prob wont happen and leaves the bench abit low on impact (especially with wood in there) but wont happen thougj would be good to see.

I think BV cold start but how great would it be to have him coming off the bench for the last 30 - proper impact sub
Why would you put a number 8 at Blindside? Makes no sense to me and Itoje is doing a good job there considering.
No way Hartley will be dropped and I think it'd be pretty harsh to drop Lawes as well.

But a bench with Geroge, BV & MV starts to look very tasty indeed.

I think BV cold start but how great would it be to have him coming off the bench for the last 30 - proper impact sub
Why would you put a number 8 at Blindside? Makes no sense to me and Itoje is doing a good job there considering.
No way Hartley will be dropped and I think it'd be pretty harsh to drop Lawes as well.

Yeah fair one i was just saying i like the idea of 3 powerful runners. Your right though need flankers rather than an 8. Big inpact sub but with how good he is and what he brings then he would be better for 60, hughes would make an impact at 60 min mark.

Oh yeh we have a great bench its what makes us so hard to beat that we step up our game in the last 20 rather than trail off but billy starting could lift first 60 and bench still impacts with mako geoge sink hughes.... and wood can go suck a lemom and wait for an injury

Hughes has been playing just as much like a 6 as Itoje or Lawes. Big hits in defence, fair share of tackles and getting stuck into rucks. Not sure he should start there fore England, but I don't think it would be awful, and Eddie did say he viewed Hughes as a potential 6.

Where is Scotland 11/1 at?

BoyleSports. The only problem is that it's their odds of winning the tournament, not of beating England as Tallshort implies! You won't get that price on Saturday's game unless it's a new account offer. Unless I'm missing something, it's a pretty decent price.

Because Hughes is a blindside. He's played there loads for wasps. He fits that mould better than 8 imo

Latest posts