• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 RBS Six Nations] Round 4: England vs Scotland (12/03/2017)

Guys

New to forum

My ticket for tomorrow's game has fallen through.

Still want to get the train down from Brum, but unsure how easy it would be to pick up a ticket from a punter with some to sell outside the ground (not touts).

Also aware you can purchase reissues, but have no idea how that is done either?

Any advice?

Btw: Heart says Scotland by 5+, head says England by 10+

Thanks

I'd be seriously surprised if you were able to get hold of a ticket without paying ridiculously over the odds

Go to the pub and watch it. Twickenham's a godforsaken place to watch rugby anyway.

I've never really got why Twickenham is supposed to be so "soulless". I've been to all the 6N stadiums, Millennium is undoubtedly an incredible place to watch rugby and Olympic has a lively friendly charm, but none of the other three are any more atmospheric or any less concrete and bland than Twickenham to my mind. Maybe it's just because it's my home stadium that I don't notice whatever it is?

I'd be seriously surprised if you were able to get hold of a ticket without paying ridiculously over the odds

I've never really got why Twickenham is supposed to be so "soulless". I've been to all the 6N stadiums, Millennium is undoubtedly an incredible place to watch rugby and Olympic has a lively friendly charm, but none of the other three are any more atmospheric or any less concrete and bland than Twickenham to my mind. Maybe it's just because it's my home stadium that I don't notice whatever it is?

The opening match of the World Cup was the best atmosphere I've been at and I've been to the millennium a fair few times for the 6n and Autumn. Granted it went down hill pretty quickly . People were hyped and it was a more diverse crowd than you sometimes get in Twickenham due to public sale which I'm sure helped. Also, the point made about it being the home ground surely adds to the experience.

England will delay a decision on whether Farrell will be fit to play, until an hour before kick-off.

No-one else will be called up to the squad so England will rely on the 24 picked earlier in the week, with May moving onto the bench if Farrell doesn't make it.

This begs the question of what happens if Ford goes down and Farrell isn't there.

England will delay a decision on whether Farrell will be fit to play, until an hour before kick-off.

No-one else will be called up to the squad so England will rely on the 24 picked earlier in the week, with May moving onto the bench if Farrell doesn't make it.

This begs the question of what happens if Ford goes down and Farrell isn't there.
Care to FH?

Could at least have phoned Cip.s His club isn't even playing this weekend, so wouldn't be missing out.
Mind you, Slade has't been selected for his; so again, it'd be no hardship to bring him in (I suspect they have done one of the above, and just don't want to admit it)

Last edited:

Wow ok.... Daly would probably.....maybe..?
Worrying though. Slade really should be there. Otherwise Ford becomes such a target.

Due to not calling anyone up, I reckon they're 95% sure he'll be fine.

Atleast fine enough to start on the bench and come on if ford gets crooked!

Last edited:
I'd be surprised if Slade isn't there as 24th man, warming up with the side etc. in case Farrell has to drop out
Beaumont was, last year, when Lawes was carrying an injury, but wasn't named in any of the 24 man training squads they announce a day or two before they name the team

So they arnt taking cover fir faz and keeping 24th man as may so that suggests he is fine and they are playing games of not letting the scots know until the hour before kick off or they are happy with jonny may as cover for a fly half.
Worse happens faz out and ford injured....care and youngs as half backs or daly at 10 if needs be? Not really seeing other options soo...

And its as much a case of ford can have bad games with out level it out. Slade should be 24th man just saying may shouldnt be in the 30 i meam what does he bring, hes like a fast version of Cuthbert...give him space he can do something good but isnt international class

I think RoG and O'Driscoll were a little out of order when they suggested the Scotland camp were a bit mouthy before the Ireland game but it feels like just about every player and member of coaching staff (barring Vern) has had an opinion on this weekends game. They'd be better served focussing on their training and gameplan than flouncing about in the media. No harm done but it is at least five articles this week from within the camp saying Scotland are good enough to win, the pressure is on England Etc.

I think RoG and O'Driscoll were a little out of order when they suggested the Scotland camp were a bit mouthy before the Ireland game but it feels like just about every player and member of coaching staff (barring Vern) has had an opinion on this weekends game. They'd be better served focussing on their training and gameplan than flouncing about in the media. No harm done but it is at least five articles this week from within the camp saying Scotland are good enough to win, the pressure is on England Etc.

I just think it's dull on either side, I don't care who's saying what, it's media ******** because journalists prefer knocking this **** out before the pub on a Friday than doing some real analysis.

G'day all,

First post - hope it's a cracking game tomorrow. England's finishers should see them home but I'll retain some slim hope of an upset. Really looking forward to seeing Ford v Russell. Two outstanding talents, both with great hands and vision.

Is it just me, or does Duncan Weir look like Finn Russell's long lost brother that has been locked in basement and fed raw fish?

G'day all,

First post - hope it's a cracking game tomorrow. England's finishers should see them home but I'll retain some slim hope of an upset. Really looking forward to seeing Ford v Russell. Two outstanding talents, both with great hands and vision.

Welcome to the forum Nathan

Reckon it'll be a hell of s game. Reckon we'll win, fingers crossed

Welcome Oggmonster.

Is it just me, or does Duncan Weir look like Finn Russell's long lost brother that has been locked in basement and fed raw fish?

That's a bit bloody harsh! Not everyone can have glorious Italian genes :p

Criticise him for his limited rugby ability but not that. Duncan Weir is a fine figure of a man, he just doesn't look like or play like an international rugby player! He is in the squad on merit though, which is terrifying in terms of Scottish depth.

Welcome to the forum Nathan

Reckon it'll be a hell of s game. Reckon we'll win, fingers crossed

Thanks. I was torn between The Oggmonster and Jimmy the Perv and thought the former would be a safer bet for obvious reasons ;)

I think England will win by 10 although a losing bonus point for us wouldn't be bad at all.

Really hope wales win tonight( sommething i thought id never say ;) ). Think england will win comfortably, will be close until the last 20 or 30 depending when finishers get brought on. What impact will scotlands bench have i dont really follow players from the pro 12?

Latest posts