• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2017 Rugby Championship] Round 2: New Zealand v Australia (26/08/2017)

Wallabies haven't really constructed anything tonight, have they?

Commentator going about that kick to touch....he's beyonf the oppositions 10 meter line he should be hitting the corner every time for a kick to touch on a penalty...

NEWSFLASH: The Lions tour was not a fluke this New Zealand side is well and truly for the taking.

What a game indeed.
And i thought the pumas were a temperamental team...

Excellent game of rugby though (well the last 20).

Come on Wobblies, one more converted try to win it.

Nah, not gonna happen. Shame.

I used to think the Wallabies v All Blacks match in Sydney in 2000 was the greatest test match I have ever seen.

Not any more!!!

Oh well - it was nice believing we might have a shot for a moment there. Wallabies just too poor in the big moments thoigh

That was disappointing end as a neutral (all neutrals probably wanted the Wallabies to win)/Australia fan, glad I switch it on though.

I used to think the Wallabies v All Blacks match in Sydney in 2000 was the greatest test match I have ever seen.

Not any more!!!
Still think SA v Japan is the greatest game of rugby I've seen.

Not any more!!!

Really? Difficult to look past that game and with Lomu scoring in the dying seconds. Still, this one was a classic game and to think I wasn't going to get up for it thinking it was going to be a foregone conclusion.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hopefully that is enough to end the death threats for Cheika, he is the only thing keeping this 0-26 ARU mess afloat. Their play in the last 120 minutes is unrecognisable from anything that these players are producing at their clubs in the past two years.

Assuming Kerevi wasn't injured they'd obviously identified him as a weak link defensively and so plugged in Kurindrani (who I don't generally like, but he did alright). Really poor by Foley though, he cost the Wallabies the match. But like Argentina and South Africa, he is a fallible flyhalf who is still their best choice due to a lack of quality depth.

The SA vs Oz and SA vs NZ matches are a whole lot less predictable than they seemed after 40 minutes last week. Thank the gods.

????????? So what did Nigel see to award a try???

Nigel said he'd blown for a previous penalty and was referring the try decision to the TMO. I'd confess his action and whistle sounded like he was awarding a try, but hey-ho, got to go with what he says. I think he had another solid game, the early offside decision resulting in a penalty, the "spearing" by Retallick (well explained because it wasn't a tackle or an aggressive action) and the general quality of communication with TMO and captains.

Awesome game. This is what I like to see. A real competition. Well done Wallabies, could've won there. Good work from ABs - a real nail biter.

Latest posts