• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2017 Rugby Europe Championship

Depth is huge in rugby. Japan's depth the past few years has been abysmal but they're slowly building and they seem to have decent backup now. Italy seem to be beginning to build depth and they're not that bad right now. Depth is what separates the Romanias of this world from the Uruguays and te like.

Ireland are another that's built depth in the last couple of years and they seem to have grown from a top 6 country to a top 3 country. It makes all the difference imo

Depth is huge in rugby. Japan's depth the past few years has been abysmal but they're slowly building and they seem to have decent backup now. Italy seem to be beginning to build depth and they're not that bad right now. Depth is what separates the Romanias of this world from the Uruguays and te like.

Ireland are another that's built depth in the last couple of years and they seem to have grown from a top 6 country to a top 3 country. It makes all the difference imo

Italy now has depth, lot of players on a similar level. They lack top players, though. They now have a big middle class, but they need stars to compete at T1 level.

Big tactical error from me today. I've promised my dad that I'll go with him to see some of the snow drifts so I'll be missing the Romania game and parts of the other matches as well.:D

You dont lose anything, ugly match and Romania play really bad

Russia have found a way to be more competitive in February compared to the past couple of years, but this would be a real shock if they pull out a victory here.

A very surprising regression from Romania. I didn't see this coming.

EDIT: and right on cue Romania burst into life. Maybe today they have been flat knowing that they have effectively missed out on automatic qualification.

End of match was encouraging and we've seen some young players stepped up. Antonescu (sub lock) and Nistor (6, went out at half time injured) were really good. End of match showed more self confidence

Highlights of Romania vs Russia

Romania's 12 & 14 seem to have been on the same diet plan as Rose! Or maybe the camera is just being unflattering.

They're great big lumps aren't they. They looked amazing against Germany because they were about 30kg heavier than their opposite number then they both looked very ordinary against Spain (not sure about Russia).

actually both are very dynamic, the image is pretty bad.

Latest posts