• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 4 : Ireland v Scotland (10/03/2018)

Scotland will rue not converting their bursts of territory into some points. Ireland have scores in them and are much more clinical.

I feel that Scotland are trying to go wide fast, but Ireland are shepherding that fine as they are fanning out as there hasn't been much use of the forwards in attack.

Ringrose showing Ireland everything we have been missing. Aka any creative attack

Well, Ireland playing a blinder here. Great defence. Scoring quite comfortably when needed. Could be a bonus point if it carries on this way.

Our defensive game out wide has improved hugely. The Huw Jones to Hogg awful pass where a try was on will be a turning point but we look very good any attack we have. Ringrose has brought a different dimension

We're not even playing that well we're just the better side and it shows in the fine margins. I don't like the amount of traffic in our backline. Our backs ar very creative and its being stifled a bit at the moment. Would like to see Cronin and Henderson at a relatively early stage. Have to say James Ryan has been class one drop aside. He's just a unreal talent. We need to ruck more ruthlessly. I would argue the Scots breakdown work is often illegal but that's Barnes' interpretation and the only answer to it is to commit to the ruck and punish their jacklers.
Hogg has had flashes but when he's in the wide channels he's being dealt with very well

Both teams playing some good rugby, Scorebaord probably flattering Ireland after Scotland gift them a try and butcher an oppertunity, fair play to ireland, very clinical, only concern will be last 10 - 15 might will they tire.

Reffing has been v good only clear mistake I've seen was the Scottish penalty looked to be a knock on.

Enjoying this one.
Scotland have a lot to do to come back but if Ireland score first, its all over.

Latest posts