• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2018 6 Nations] Round 4 : Ireland v Scotland (10/03/2018)

We probably don't deserve to be 14-3 up, but now that we are it's hard to see us loosing. Scotland can lose their heads two scores down and we have the better bench. Ringrose has been superb for all the worrying.

Scotland have zero chance if they can't get the lineout working. That late try for Ireland is vital as it means Scotland can only win the game by increasingly throwing lower percentage passes with the chance of another intercept try (whereas if it was close at the half they might have mixed up their tactics more).

For those critical of Scotland on that front, if your pack is inferior and you get little in the way of go forward ball then you either roll the dice and try riskier stuff, or you go into your shell, keep it low risk and effectively admit defeat. Scotland play with these tactics because they literally don't have the personnel up front to achieve victory with other tactics (although I still think this is showing they'd have been better with the likes of Brown, Gray, Fagerson & Bradbury in the pack).

I'll join the credit for Ringrose and eat some humble pie. That is the best half I've seen him play in a green shirt by a country mile. Offers a lot more upside than Henshaw on that evidence.

Wow. That's the way to win the game. One more try and I think that's probably the Championship. Scotland falling apart. Looking like they did in Cardiff now.

That's two 2 on 1s that Scotland haven't taken. Both in my fantasy team too, just to put salt into the wound!

"Hogg looking to the skies"... simply reliving the trajectory of that pass. :p

Kinghorn looking more accomplished than expected (despite wee error for conceding one try). Typical Scotland away from home - creating multiple try scoring opportunities and sticking one away.

Shock, horror, surprise.

The breakdown is officiated properly and suddenly the Scottish pack become Penalty machines, all except Hamish Watson who is the only one managing to legally contest.

Ireland looking good, some shaky moments but they have some seriously classy operators.

Great finish by Kinghorn there... lovely work.

Horne just a little bit out of his depth at this level (but a great utility player at club level). The commentators called him Scottish "qualified", which is an unusual term for someone born in Aberdeen.

Ireland don't need to do too much at the moment Scotland are quite simply beating themselves.

Shock, horror, surprise.

The breakdown is officiated properly and suddenly the Scottish pack become Penalty machines, all except Hamish Watson who is the only one managing to legally contest.

Ireland looking good, some shaky moments but they have some seriously classy operators.

Great finish by Kinghorn there... lovely work.

Couldn't agree more about the breakdown

Barnes didn't call advantage for an infringement at the scrum, then blew up when it went against Ireland. I'm cool with that but I point it out because its a near direct comparison to the Care incident against Scotland last week that got some folk a wee bit animated against Nigel Evans.

Well. In fairness, Scotland mullered that scrum, yet Barnes played on. On the whole, I think Barnes is having a good game though.