• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2019 Six Nations] Italy v France (16/03/2019)

I really don't rate Parisse, he tries to do too much himself, often to the detriment of the team. When he does decide to use others, it's too often at a really poor time and then he blames his team mates when he drops them in it. Italy should have dropped him, his years as their talisman ended some time ago.

Zanon has been an encouraging replacement, so the win is possible. Scrape over the line by any means possible. Stop trying to out muscle a French maul defence and take the points. France are disinterested but they wont accept being physically outmuscled - too much pride involved.

Swear he threw that at the referee specifically to get a scrum,
Not like there was a player stood next to him

Okay, now we almost can't kick for 3 any more. There is no way we will have the composure to score tries. We are like skittish deer near the opposition try line.

I really don't rate Parisse, he tries to do too much himself, often to the detriment of the team. When he does decide to use others, it's too often at a really poor time and then he blames his team mates when he drops them in it. Italy should have dropped him, his years as their talisman ended some time ago.
Yeah he's been s**** for years now, seems to hurt the team more than they helped it. If anything this tournament has shown they're better off without him.

Doesn't change the fact that he was probably one of the best players of his generation though, it's just that most of his generation retired five years ago.

Noooo... I thought Tam's mental frailty was a thing of the past. One more of those and I'll be looking for a new avatar.

Now it's back on! All the points left out there though, they should be 10 clear.

Zanon has been class today,
If they can fit both him and Campagnaro into a functioning midfield (does either of them play 12?) that's a top draw partnership

Zanon almost taking this game over on both ends of the ball. And finally some scrum half sniping in the tournament.

Zanon has been class today,
If they can fit both him and Campagnaro into a functioning midfield (does either of them play 12?) that's a top draw partnership
Just whack Campagnaro on the wing, because he's just so effective there.. ..

But in all seriousness Zanon might be physical enough for 12

Just need a little bit more patience. Yes if you score it's great, but he didn't need to try and force that.

Parisse is picked because he is meant to be a mature inspiration. But he is as headless a chicken as the rest of us when we sniff a victory.

Latest posts