• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2020 RC/Tri Nations] Round 1: Australia v New Zealand (Bledisloe 3) (31/10/2020)

Goodhue has made some pretty critical carries and passes in this series so far directly contributing to tries. His work on attack has actually been really good I think you need to go back and have a look. If anything he has missed some tackles, but I'd still rather have him on defense than Ioane.
i re watched Auckland last week, just dont see it, i mean hes not making mistakes or having a shocker, just looking like hes a bit of a foil to ball flow. From a set piece he's going to run it...simple

i just think he's better at 13

For the next game I would pick

James Slipper
Brendan Cannon
Taniela Tupou
John Eales
James Horwill
Phil Waugh
George Smith
Harry Wilson
George Gregan
Quade Cooper
Digby Ioane
Matt Giteau
Jordan Petaia
Filipo Daugunu
Chris Latham

One or two might be getting on but they'll answer the call.
That's nice of you to stick with some of the youngsters, I guess you don't want to make too many changes.
P.s. are you a reds fan? That's a pretty reds heavy team

i re watched Auckland last week, just dont see it, i mean hes not making mistakes or having a shocker, just looking like hes a bit of a foil to ball flow. From a set piece he's going to run it...simple

i just think he's better at 13
I think goodbye has done some good things but yeah I do wonder about the other options, whether they would do more. I think ione could do with some more goes at 13 in non crunch games, otherwise he is an impact player at the moment until he gets a bit more experience defensively. I don't think the goodhue alb combo is the best one long term Because it would be good to have a really strong runner so I'd like to see Laumape or ione get some time, though I do question their passing abilities and passing is really important for the all black game plan, being able to execute with little space and time, but still. At the moment it's Laumape for me just because 13 is such a key defensive position and alb is so good at defence. It's a tough one re alb because I think he is a better attacker at 12 (let's forget this chiefs season because the role he was given was a welsh one that didn't suit him) but he's a better defender at 13. At the moment it would be a shame not to have either alb or goodhue or umaga Jensen at 13 because they are a step above the rest on defence. But that ione acceleration at 13 on attack is lethal, so certainly think we should continue developing that option.

ANSWER THESE QUESTION HONESTLY:
Did same canes body lower at all?

Sam cane without doubt did tuck his chin, if he didn't would the tackle still hit him in the head?
Would have hit him chest height. In my view.

That's nice of you to stick with some of the youngsters, I guess you don't want to make too many changes.
P.s. are you a reds fan? That's a pretty reds heavy team

Just picking the best and they happen to be current Reds, former Reds and retired Reds ;)

man hope i hope the ABs put on a totally different team. that would take care of overplaying aus. give the hungrier reserves a chance.
ScottBarrett and daltonPapalii to start. jordie into fullback. ioane on one wing, clarke on the other. give mounga or beaudy a well deserved rest or play either off the bench. dead rubber nothing to lose, ABs may as well blood as many new players as poss imho

Just so we can say we changed the whole starting lineup,

moody
Taylor
Laulala
S barrett
Dunshea
Grace
Savea
A ione
Tj
Mckenzie
R ione
Laumape
Umaga jensen
Reece
Jordan

but what id actually like to see is the bulk of the squad who haven't had decent game time to get it over the next two games and then For us to play our top team again for our last game. Not so bothered about the call ins getting Decent game time, But hose in the original squad, plus Laumape and s barrett who were injured at the time, should.

Last edited:
Would have hit him chest height. In my view.
rubbish, and see how you made a statement instead of answering my question. ;) you know I'm right.
Cane wasn't even leaning forward much he was quite upright, shoulder direct to head. you can't gloss over that tackle and somehow justify that it was ok or there were mitigating circumstances.
Frizells tackle was an instant yellow card without question. The one on Cane was a hell of a lot worse.

but what id actually like to see is the bulk of the squad who haven't had decent game time to get it over the next two games and then For us to play our top team again for our last game. Not so bothered about the call ins getting Decent game time, But hose in the original squad, plus Laumape and s barrett who were injured at the time, should.
agree. a win at this stage isnt that big a deal.

rubbish, and see how you made a statement instead of answering my question. ;) you know I'm right.
Cane wasn't even leaning forward much he was quite upright, shoulder direct to head. you can't gloss over that tackle and somehow justify that it was ok or there were mitigating circumstances.
Frizells tackle was an instant yellow card without question. The one on Cane was a hell of a lot worse.

Why is there not a single video of it online debating it? Not even a mention anywhere other than here.
I already stated he didn't lower his body at all. You can't run around headbutting peoples shoulders.
He tucked his head lower than his shoulders. I don't think you're right at all. But I'm happy for you to post a video and prove me wrong. Like I said I've seen the tackle once and I'm not going back to watch it again.

Time to kill waiting for my burger....
Next week and the week after

next week rest those who have started all 3, that is ofa, Patrick, frizell, cane, smith, mounga, goodhue, jordie.

Hodgman. Bower
Taylor. Aumua
Laulala. Lomax
Whitelock
S barrett. Dunshea
Grace
savea
Ione. Papalii
Tj. Weber
Beauden
Clarke
Laumape
Lienert brown. Ione
Jordan
Mckenzie. Reece

week after

Moody. Hodgman
Aumua. Coles
Lomax. Laulala
Vaai
Dunshea. Tuipolotu
Papalii
Cane
Sotutu. A ione
Weber. Smith
Mounga
Jordan
Laumape
Ione. Umaga jensen
Reece
Jordie. McKenzie

Whinging about the ref despite a record victory sums up how i feel about Rugby in its entirety right about now.

Latest posts