• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2021 Six Nations] Wales Squad

So I don't think it's even a discussion any more... Sheedy has now earned the 10 shirt. Long May he reign!

Can we please give Jarod Evans some minutes. But yeah, Sheedy has earned the right to be number 1. He's actually a good blend of Biggars game management and reading the play skills but can also break a line like Jarod Evans so best of both worlds.

Can we please give Jarod Evans some minutes. But yeah, Sheedy has earned the right to be number 1. He's actually a good blend of Biggars game management and reading the play skills but can also break a line like Jarod Evans so best of both worlds.
If it was up to me yeah... not sure that Wazza would agree though.

So I don't think it's even a discussion any more... Sheedy has now earned the 10 shirt. Long May he reign!
I See You Ryan GIF by Yellowstone

(#UptheBears)

I think Jarrod is considered a bit to loose for test rugby by Pivac, Not saying he hasn't improved this sine he last was in the Wales side , but I can see why this would be.

With Italy up next, surely anyone who isn't Eddie Jones has to give their form 10 a start?

I reckon it will be Sheedy starting with Evans on the bench. If Evans isn't on the bench he's never going to play under Privac.

I reckon it will be Sheedy starting with Evans on the bench. If Evans isn't on the bench he's never going to play under Privac.
Pfft, Pivac is clearly a step behind. Doesn't he know that a real coach picks his favourites regardless of form leaving himself with a lack of depth in key positions? That's the true future of rugby.

Before the 6N this is what I thought would be his only opportunity but now I think it'll be Biggar on the bench with Sheedy starting. I don't get it. It almost seems personal but who knows.

Lloyd still hasn't been called up and he's getting good game time for Bristol so probably best leave him there. Costelow looked decent in the time he has actually got, then got injured, I'm not sure for how long though.

I wouldn't make too many changes this weekend, not whole sale 15 like Gatland used to like to do. I'd like to see Sheedy start with Evans on the bench and Will Griff John, finally get a cap from the bench. If they see North as a future 13 then he needs as much game time as possible, I would give Johnny Williams another go at 12 though. The rest largely unchanged, Tomos Williams is back in training but better not risk him at like Davies start. Maybe Botham get a start.

1 question about Sheedy is the high ball , Sincler called for him to receive a high ball , and he did not deal with it very well , maybe because all the English new he was going to receive it , possibly even sincler wanted to smash him , team mates huh, but I got the impression Sincler new something

No, he doesn't look as good under the high ball as Biggar. But that's just the case of changing team tactics. Instead of having him defend deep with the FB you would just put him elsewhere and a maybe a winger drop back instead.

No, he doesn't look as good under the high ball as Biggar. But that's just the case of changing team tactics. Instead of having him defend deep with the FB you would just put him elsewhere and a maybe a winger drop back instead.
Very few people do though, still every thing else he brings makes him (Sheedy) first choice for me as it stands.

I'd actually start Foxy again just to get him up to speed for the French game (where I reckon Pivac will select him and North at 12 & 13) as he did look a little sluggish and gassed pretty quickly against England.

Personally, I'd obviously change 9 (for Williams if fit), 10 (for Sheedy) and that's it in the 15.

Bench-wise, I wouldn't mind seeing Evans getting in the 23 (I'd actually encourage it) but not sure Pivac will see it that way... and as much as I like Johnny Williams potential, I just think Halaholo has been so good thus far that his performances need to be rewarded.

Very few people do though, still every thing else he brings makes him (Sheedy) first choice for me as it stands.

I agree with you, was trying to make the point of Sheedy not being as good under the high ball isn't a valid reason to not start him. Biggar is one the best 10s under the high ball in the world, maybe the best.
How many games do you give JD though? He's not played that well for years now, (2019 World cup and he was crocked for half of it) I don't like giving game time to players with the hope that they regain form. You give game time to players who are currently playing well.

I agree with you, was trying to make the point of Sheedy not being as good under the high ball isn't a valid reason to not start him. Biggar is one the best 10s under the high ball in the world, maybe the best.
How many games do you give JD though? He's not played that well for years now, (2019 World cup and he was crocked for half of it) I don't like giving game time to players with the hope that they regain form. You give game time to players who are currently playing well.
Fair, I'm just assuming Pivac wants to use foxy at 12 in the potential Grand-slam match vs France, what with him being slotted straight in against England... and therefore another 60 mins this coming Saturday would probably be a good idea. I kinda see his reasoning, it being that Foxy is an on-field Defensive positioning coach for North at 13.

Right now though, I'm thinking Halaholo is maybe our best option at 12 for 2023.

Last edited:
I get the reasoning behind not making wholesale changes and I agree but the general consensus seems to be to only make 1 or 2 changes whereas I'd make more. I'd go for.

Wyn Jones Dee Brown
Beard Hill
Botham Navidi Tips

Tomos Williams
Sheedy

Johnny Williams North

Adams Liam Williams LRZ

Bench: Carre, Owens, Francis, Ball, Wainwright, Davies, Evans, Halaholo

I doubt Pivac will make that many changes though and he knows more than me but that team above is easily good enough to beat Italy but at the same time resting AWJ, Owens and Faletau who are key. I reckon the only change you'll see in the pack is Faletau being rested with Botham coming in and that will be it.

Latest posts