• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

2023-2024 transfers

Arundell has signed on at Racing until 2026

Scotland and Wales will be hitting his phone up constantly for the next three years

Wiese to stade confirmed

Gutted but not surprised even if the recent news got my hopes up. Wishful thinking as even with the salary cap going up would've been hard marquee player but not going to be Pollard money

Hell of a development by him as was worried he was a penalty magnet after his first season. Young family so wish him the best.

Will be interesting to see what we do now in terms of replacement god if only Tom Willis was available for next season lol

Wiese to stade confirmed

Gutted but not surprised even if the recent news got my hopes up. Wishful thinking as even with the salary cap going up would've been hard marquee player but not going to be Pollard money

Hell of a development by him as was worried he was a penalty magnet after his first season. Young family so wish him the best.

Will be interesting to see what we do now in terms of replacement god if only Tom Willis was available for next season lol

What about Rogerson, great player but maybe not the 8/6 you need.

Confirmed. A weird amount of Leinster fans don't like this. We'd have 5 stars (TM) if we had him 7 months ago and he's working with a coach he's won the World Cup with twice. Can't see much downside bar the injury risk but Jenkins was the same and has been ever present (and mediocre) for us.

Confirmed. A weird amount of Leinster fans don't like this. We'd have 5 stars (TM) if we had him 7 months ago and he's working with a coach he's won the World Cup with twice. Can't see much downside bar the injury risk but Jenkins was the same and has been ever present (and mediocre) for us.

Tbh this move just reminds me why I don't like the Irish province system

A brilliant move for all parties and hope RG goes brilliant there,

If he stays fit then Leinster have a serious weapon.
Joe McCarthy will learn off him which will benefit Ireland.
Ryan Baird will be a 6 now.
James Ryan has a world class partner at lock.
To be honest if I take Munster heart out of it it is a great move for everyone.

Also lets not forget he didn't quit from us we could not renew.

The timing is very strange though and I expect heat this day next week.

It is what it is. Can't really blame any party involved. Proof will be in the pudding, but if RG is on a high wage it's too risky for me, as I just don't believe he will stay injury free.

Wish RG all the best though, he's a great character and a great player left with the decision to leave Ireland or sign for a rival. He did what's best for his family and his career. We made to correct decision sticking by Jean Kleyn who is so important for us, not that I think it was ever a question.

Happy with where our second row stocks are in any case! Hope it frees up some cash for a good hooker

It just feels systemically uncompetitive as a setup and stuff like this compounds that.

For the record, Welsh regions being blocked from signing players by the wru annoys me too

I don't really see how this signing compounds it but I agree that it's (unintentionally) set up in Leinster's favour.

Splitting the country in four with even populations for the purposes of sports teams is impossible and to be honest using the provinces was a bit of a master stroke. They'd never really been taken seriously at any level
In any sport as teams before. But more populous areas with greater interest in sport generally churn out better teams anywhere.

This transfer is a weird result of the 3 year nationality switch mixed with foreign player rules that each province is governed by and Munster chose Kleyn. A player came available that Leinster saw value in and they took the opportunity. Munster couldn't have kept him anyway but have two locks with serious potential coming through regardless so it's hard to see how they'd have justified his salary especially when they have serious gaps elsewhere.

He will be on a wage of €550k per year for 2 years is the rumour. Leinster are under pressure to slim down squad now is rumour.
Effectively this will you imagine take 3 or 4 squad players cap to shift. Doris is gone off their budget so will help. Jenkings will be gone. Presumably they won't be replacing at 3 and Charlie supposedly moving on also and won't be replaced at 12.

Can see a few fringe lads moving on but strange talk Prendergast may be on Munster radar and Ben Brownlee has been touted.

Can see a few being sent here to. But interesting times. Leinster signed a guy that was effectively a free agent next year but as was said if RG stays fit then they have a winner and I do believe he will be fit.

He will be on a wage of €550k per year for 2 years is the rumour. Leinster are under pressure to slim down squad now is rumour.
Effectively this will you imagine take 3 or 4 squad players cap to shift. Doris is gone off their budget so will help. Jenkings will be gone. Presumably they won't be replacing at 3 and Charlie supposedly moving on also and won't be replaced at 12.

Can see a few fringe lads moving on but strange talk Prendergast may be on Munster radar and Ben Brownlee has been touted.

Can see a few being sent here to. But interesting times. Leinster signed a guy that was effectively a free agent next year but as was said if RG stays fit then they have a winner and I do believe he will be fit.
no its 1 year on 400 to 500.

Prendergast is going nowhere, but I could see Brownlee leaving if he doesnt get some more opportunities, Ngatai injury may help there.

seems like a TH will be signed.

Leinster under pressure to slim down squad has been the talk for years, some players will leave as usual.

Last edited:

Latest posts