• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England vs Scotland - 4 February 2023

England didn't shape up as I expected. With the time given the attack looked sharp, defence was lost at sea.

Fair play to Scotland, England made some poor decisions and didn't get the rub of the green at times IMO choking up territory and often points......

South African literally tore England apart single handedly, defence shocking at times, I only watched patches as was out with the family but looked more positive in patches for England whilst I rate Marchant very highly if your going to put Farrell at 12 you need a heavier brute at 13, for me has to be OL really, Malins from what I could see looked ok in attack but got rad dolled a couple of times and maybe just too light weight.

Welcome to England management Borthwick. This is the **** you have to manage and rectify. Looks like you got a hella of a job this 6N and for the WC.

I don't want to EVER see Farrell and Smith in the same 15 again.

It didn't work.

It doesn't work.

It won't work.

Credit to Scotland, not that you needed to be that good today.

I knew as soon as he brought Young's on we'd end up having the chase the game at some point, he's been a great servant but frankly he's no longer got that Zip and shouldn't be anywhere near this squad.

You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian.

Have to say Isiekwe has not fired a shot since coming on. He's a big guy, you'd expect more.

England trying to change game plan to defend a small lead in a high scoring game whilst Scotland sticking to their guns throughout was the core difference for me. Really enjoyable watch.

Fair play Scotland, good win and England look to have improved too.

Nicely done by the Scots (did I mention my Scottish grandfather?).

I'm not sure that the referee helped.
Farrell was left clueless in defence and kicked poorly. Smith-Farrell clearly doesn't work. Pick one or the other (I'd rather play Smith and give him free rein, but hey, if it has to be Farrell...) Farrell just isn't an inside centre.

Youngs came on and completely bolloxed the attack with his slow and predictable (except in its accuracy) delivery.

A lot of the same old problems. Could easily acquire the first defeat by Italy if we play like that again.

So that's it, England can't even beat the ******* Scots now. They should hang their heads in shame. Where is the fire? Where is the passion? Opened up with basic errors over and over and over again. You are ******* professionals, WTF is wrong with you!?

As for Farrell, just **** off you useless twat. Seriously, get the **** off the team and never return.

How the hell is our defence still so clueless!? When there is a ruck GET BACK IN ******* POSITION! What the hell is so complicated about that!? GET BACK IN POSITION YOU LAZY FUCKERS!

It is a bit of a joke that their two best forwards and two best backs were all South African
But that's what international rugby is these days, I guess, and it's only going to get worse
I'll be honest I caught glimpses I was at my daughter friends party nd kept getting pulled into the soft play area but several times I could see DVM tearing it up what was pretty impressive is the way he stepped through for his first try it wasn't just brute force which is what I have mainly see him excel at, several players should have tackled him.

England always look worse when the subs come on. Youngs the worst, but the rest offered little. Don't get the Dombrandt hype. Would rather give Ludlum a run at eight. Still well played Scotland.

To be fair.....England had little time to prepare since SB took over.

But they still nearly beat a Scotland team well down their route of building.

A few games and we'll look way better.

Bar the defensive lapses we would have won that against the Saffa b team

I'll be honest I caught glimpses I was at my daughter friends party nd kept getting pulled into the soft play area but several times I could see DVM tearing it up what was pretty impressive is the way he stepped through for his first try it wasn't just brute force which is what I have mainly see him excel at, several players should have tackled him.
In the soft play area, just like England's defence

So that's it, England can't even beat the ******* Scots now. They should hang their heads in shame. Where is the fire? Where is the passion? Opened up with basic errors over and over and over again. You are ******* professionals, WTF is wrong with you!?

As for Farrell, just **** off you useless twat. Seriously, get the **** off the team and never return.
Us losing to the Scott's isn't new is it, they are hardly the whipping boys these days, I think your being a little disrespectful towards them, England need to learn to defend properly and things do need shaping up, from what I did see of the game the attack was much improved but defence was porous.

England always look worse when the subs come on. Youngs the worst, but the rest offered little. Don't get the Dombrandt hype. Would rather give Ludlum a run at eight. Still well played Scotland.
Dombrandt dropped a couple of passes. They were pretty crucial turnovers.

Latest posts