• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England vs Scotland - 4 February 2023

Interesting take in the Telegraph.
Screenshot_20230206_123904_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thats a load of BS.

England have plenty of talent.
Scotland have been building for years....England have been under this coaching team for 11 days or whatever it was.

England will improve in this 6n alone...and whilst they'll not win the World Cup, they'll be difficult to beat for the teams who will.

So I guess the implication here is that they see both Smith and Farrell as excellent players, but aren't convinced that the team needs 2 FH.
The only slight difference is that Gerrard often got shoved out wide to accomodate Lampard and his skillset more than covered that position. He just hated playing there and it wasted his ability.

Lazy take that ignores the skillset set a number of our players possess
Give Watson etc. a gap that big and tackling that weak and see what happens
I love a bit of hyperbole as much as the next man, but come on

Interesting take in the Telegraph.
View attachment 16035
just going off headline but that is stupid. Firstly is van der Merwe even world class? Arguable obviously and he can certainly produce world class moments with his carrying but to say England have no players that have world class facets to their game isn't something you'd find even WOL spouting.

just going off headline but that is stupid. Firstly is van der Merwe even world class? Arguable obviously and he can certainly produce world class moments with his carrying but to say England have no players that have world class facets to their game isn't something you'd find even WOL spouting.
Can we quote you on that, in, say... 2 1/2 weeks?

Lazy take that ignores the skillset set a number of our players possess
Give Watson etc. a gap that big and tackling that weak and see what happens
I love a bit of hyperbole as much as the next man, but come on
Completely agree, it was a great great try however to spin it as a try no English player could of scored under those exact same circumstances is a nonsense.

Completely agree, it was a great great try however to spin it as a try no English player could of scored under those exact same circumstances is a nonsense.
Johnny May length of the field try vs Ireland a while back springs to mind. Admittedly not in the team now.

Duhan's try was a thing of beauty and not just a sprint. For a big man he has tremendous footwork. The side stepping and fending off Dombrant (who is a proper unit) with ease was very impressive.

I seem to remember a very similar try a few years ago which has since been forgotten

Was this world class?

Was this? 😉

FWIW, Prime Hogg was the best 15 in the game for a period.

The comparison I was trying to make was the Hogg try vs the VDM try.

But, of course you had to turn it into your usual dislike of Hogg

Whichever way you look at it the try was just as good (and pretty similar)

Hogg is the second only player after BOD to win the Player of the Championship 2 years in succession, but hey don't let facts get in the way

I agree age is starting to show and he's slowing down a bit and yes he makes errors like everyone else, but he's still the best fullback in the UK at the moment

Dombrandt didn't make the slightest attempt at a proper tackle, he just waved his arms about
There were five non tackles leading to that try. Abysmal tackling or lack thereof of any type of tackle.

The comparison I was trying to make was the Hogg try vs the VDM try.

But, of course you had to turn it into your usual dislike of Hogg

Honestly thought yours was a tongue in cheek reference to my world class discussion earlier and was returning the same energy. Crossed wires.
Whichever way you look at it the try was just as good (and pretty similar)

Hogg is the second only player after BOD to win the Player of the Championship 2 years in succession, but hey don't let facts get in the way

I did say he was the best 15 in the world in his prime!

You mean like how itoje goes nuts when England win a penalty
At least that is actually celebrating something that has actually happened, not embarrassing themselves trying to pretend they scored a try that they very clearly did not. If it was marginal then fair enough but when it's that clear he dropped it, it's a bit embarrassing really. Couple that with his tendency to feign injury and milk everything these days, he's dropped a fair bit from where he was a few years ago with these antics and his glory hunting.

Latest posts