• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2023 Six Nations] England vs Scotland - 4 February 2023

I didn't realise how bad the Irish media were when it comes to slagging off Scotland every year - it's almost a weird obsession. The comments under this video say it all. Who is that pathetic little weasel presenting the show? Accusing Townsend of "talking a big game this year" when it's not true at all. Loved the comment about the presenter wetting the bed until he was 9.

I don't think the female pundit even watched the game as she said Hogg was excellent and he was probably our worst player.

I didn't realise how bad the Irish media were when it comes to slagging off Scotland every year - it's almost a weird obsession. The comments under this video say it all. Who is that pathetic little weasel presenting the show? Accusing Townsend of "talking a big game this year" when it's not true at all. Loved the comment about the presenter wetting the bed until he was 9.

I don't think the female pundit even watched the game as she said Hogg was excellent and he was probably our worst player.

I run the media here

When will England see that Farrell at 12 does not work. I don't like M Smith but thats just because he looks and walks like a ***. Ok player against ave teams.

England looks tired and need a full overhall - Ben youngs has never been good enough -time for new blood.

I would bly H Slade every game

Etoje was almost a factor 4 years ago but i think he gets outplayed 80% of the time . Has brain explosions and gives away way to many penalties.

Interesting take in the Telegraph.
View attachment 16035
I think there's something to this.

Forget McVdM etc, but say look back to Robinson - he could conjure something out of absolutely nothing. Peak May too. For all the structures and perspiration you need a little inspiration too and even if it looks a little desperate right now I think that's what Borthwick thinks Arundell might just be able to bring. BTW, nice to be reminded what Hogg could do too in the pre bad hair era.

The Gerrard / Lampard analogies with Smith / Farrell are valid. It's always about the balance to make the best team and that's not always the 15 'best' individuals.

I'd even go a step further with Gerrard at club level. Fantastic, selfless player but so dominant that he seemed to inhibit those around him and only once he retired did the team really forward, although Klopp had plenty to do with that too. Sometimes I think the reputations of Farrell and Itoje in particular have a similar effect.

When will England see that Farrell at 12 does not work. I don't like M Smith but thats just because he looks and walks like a ***. Ok player against ave teams.

England looks tired and need a full overhall - Ben youngs has never been good enough -time for new blood.

I would bly H Slade every game
We all know that but WHO should have played there???

We've tried all sorts...Atkinson etc. We just havent produced any good 12's in a long time which means 13's or 10's have moved across.

Also im pretty sure Borthwick was hoping Dan Kelly the young pretender would be fit...but again injuries meant Mr reliable Farrell stood in.
We do have some 12's coming through now though...so this should soon be over.

Lets make it clear aswell.....For all we criticize Farrell (and im guilty) give the guy some credit....hes a 10...but he gets shoved to 12 and just gets on with it to the best of his ability.

For Italy hopefully players are back fit...
10 Farrell
12 Kelly
13 Slade or Lawrence

Has a much nicer balance to it.

Etoje was almost a factor 4 years ago but i think he gets outplayed 80% of the time . Has brain explosions and gives away way to many penalties.
Itoje needs a dropped for a little while to start earning the shirt again.
Ribbans and Chessum would be a decent lock combo

We all know that but WHO should have played there???

We've tried all sorts...Atkinson etc. We just havent produced any good 12's in a long time which means 13's or 10's have moved across.

Also im pretty sure Borthwick was hoping Dan Kelly the young pretender would be fit...but again injuries meant Mr reliable Farrell stood in.
We do have some 12's coming through now though...so this should soon be over.

Lets make it clear aswell.....For all we criticize Farrell (and im guilty) give the guy some credit....hes a 10...but he gets shoved to 12 and just gets on with it to the best of his ability.

For Italy hopefully players are back fit...
10 Farrell
12 Kelly
13 Slade or Lawrence

Has a much nicer balance to it.
Kelly out for 10 weeks with a torn thigh

As a non England fan I am glad every game you don't pick slade.

Farrell is a 10 amd better 10 than M Smith.

Can someone please tell M Smith he looks like a t.i.t - his walk his hair - I don't like the guy at all so it's always nice to see him slip tackles.

I don't know who 6 was - the guy with the dreadlocks ...ave at best.

England fans tend to rate guys the rest of the world can see is ave at best.

Like vinipola - both of them - the one gets his head scrummed into his ass 90% of the time and the other one only plays when its italy.

Your best loosies in my book is the kamakazi twins and I would give itoje a crack at 8

9 - I would never pick Young ever - not as a sub not as nothing .

11 and 14 was **** - i'm not going to bother learning their names.

"it's a new side bullshit : doesn't work for me - Ave coach -but you have an easy WC draw - as long as you miss Australia .....

Question guys- Courtney Lawes:

When he's back, does he help us more in the Second Row, or more as a 6?

Judging by Itojes poor form frankly I'm concluding we need Lawes in the second row and then have the agile back row that Borthwick wants with the likes of Curry(s)/Underhill/Dombrandt etc?

We need some hard yards and whilst Lawes adapted very well to being 6 under EJ, I think he may provide us what we need back in the second row.

Lawes hasn't played in the second row since January 2020 (and even in that season only played 8 times in the second row), so I'd be sceptical about throwing him in there - theoretically would be a good player to bring in for Itoje, if we were to drop him
Who know's when he's back, though

I'd argue that we have never actually trialled properly a 12 at 12 with jones. Atkinson was never really given a chance and in his small caps wasn't amazing but then neither has Farrell been.

We played Manu there for a bit and played some amazing rugby but then went straight back to the Ford/ Farrell combo. I know there hasn't been a load of 12s lining up but we haven't actually even tried some premiership ones. Dingwall could have probably done a much better job than Farrell there previously,

I'd prefer a 13 moved to 12 than a 10 moved to 12. Farrell and smith look lost when they play together.

As a non England fan I am glad every game you don't pick slade.

Farrell is a 10 amd better 10 than M Smith.

Can someone please tell M Smith he looks like a t.i.t - his walk his hair - I don't like the guy at all so it's always nice to see him slip tackles.

I don't know who 6 was - the guy with the dreadlocks ...ave at best.

England fans tend to rate guys the rest of the world can see is ave at best.

Like vinipola - both of them - the one gets his head scrummed into his ass 90% of the time and the other one only plays when its italy.

Your best loosies in my book is the kamakazi twins and I would give itoje a crack at 8

9 - I would never pick Young ever - not as a sub not as nothing .

11 and 14 was **** - i'm not going to bother learning their names.

"it's a new side bullshit : doesn't work for me - Ave coach -but you have an easy WC draw - as long as you miss Australia .....
You sir are an idiot if you think anyone on here rates Mako or lazy Billy.

Latest posts