• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

[2024 Six Nations] 🇫🇷 vs 🇮🇹

And there will be some bullshit about it not affecting him but part of the laws is the defending side stands still at penalty kicks. It's an inalienable right imho.

And there will be some bullshit about it not affecting him but part of the laws is the defending side stands still at penalty kicks. It's an inalienable right imho.
Affected or not, it doesn't matter. We all agree the French player shouldn't have charged.

Just for info rugby law

8.22 If the kicker indicates to the referee the intent to kick at goal, the opposing team must stand still with their hands by their sides from the time the kicker starts to approach to kick until the ball is kicked.

8.27 If the opposing team infringes while the kick is being taken but the kick at goal is successful, the goal stands and a further penalty is not awarded. If the kick is unsuccessful, the non-offending team is awarded a penalty 10 metres in front of the original mark. Sanction: Penalty.

In my opinion not only did the French players infringe but the water carrier did too being directly in front the kicker waving his arms in clear line of sight.

Last edited:
I love the game, and i love these european confrontations.