9. Dwayne Peel
10. Jonnathan Sexton
11. Luke Fitzgerald
12. Riki Flutey
13. Maxime Mermoz
14. Yann David
15. Rory Lamont

My team is better

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (MunsterMan @ Feb 8 2010, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1. Fabian Barcella
2. Mathew Rees
3. Gethin Jenkins
4. Donncha O'Callaghan
5. Romain Millo-Chusky
6. Stephen Ferris
7. Louis Piccamoles
8. Sergio Parisse

9. Dwayne Peel
10. Jonnathan Sexton
11. Luke Fitzgerald
12. Riki Flutey
13. Maxime Mermoz
14. Yann David
15. Rory Lamont

My team is better[/b]

coincidentally thats a pretty great team. " looseheads and no proper seven but still. funny.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Feb 8 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE
Tom Shanklin is past it. Not playing well, and plays even worse outside Roberts. Shanklin needs Henson to perform at the highest level, has never been as good without him.[/b]

Wrong again. Shanklin is not past it, he is doing a solid job for the Blues so he aint past it! He is a good squad player for Wales. Change the record about Shanklin.
[/b][/quote]
It's been tough for the Blues outside backs this season, playing outside SNK has obviously made many of them look much, much worse than they really are.

Shanklin had an indifferent season last year, only really showing form before the Lions tour, which he was unlucky to be ruled out of. However he has certainly lost more than a yard of pace, and that has effected his game hugely imo. His problem is Jamie Roberts. Jamie Roberts does almost everything Shanklin does, but better. Jamie is quicker (although Shanks possibly had more pace in his prime), more powerful and offloads out of the tackle better. Added to that he also has a much better kicking game. This innevitably leaves Shanklin a little stranded, especially due to the other youngsters like Jon Davies and Bishop coming through.

Saying he is past it was probably a little harsh, but there are a few better options than him imo. It's only going to get worse for Shanklin I'm affraid. The signing of Laulala, and how he and Roberts combined against Harlequins was hugely positive for the Blues as a whole, but it's probably going to leave Shanklin as cover on the bench for the majority of matches from now on.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 8 2010, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (GJ#1 @ Feb 8 2010, 07:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tom Shanklin is past it. Not playing well, and plays even worse outside Roberts. Shanklin needs Henson to perform at the highest level, has never been as good without him.[/b]

Wrong again. Shanklin is not past it, he is doing a solid job for the Blues so he aint past it! He is a good squad player for Wales. Change the record about Shanklin.
[/b][/quote]
It's been tough for the Blues outside backs this season, playing outside SNK has obviously made many of them look much, much worse than they really are.

Shanklin had an indifferent season last year, only really showing form before the Lions tour, which he was unlucky to be ruled out of. However he has certainly lost more than a yard of pace, and that has effected his game hugely imo. His problem is Jamie Roberts. Jamie Roberts does almost everything Shanklin does, but better. Jamie is quicker (although Shanks possibly had more pace in his prime), more powerful and offloads out of the tackle better. Added to that he also has a much better kicking game. This innevitably leaves Shanklin a little stranded, especially due to the other youngsters like Jon Davies and Bishop coming through.

Saying he is past it was probably a little harsh, but there are a few better options than him imo.
[/b][/quote]

Oh there's no doubt there are better options Id say the real outstanding option is Bishop and Lee Thomas, Davies for me is a little raw and still needs some more experience.

But Lee Thomas won't get selected for Wales because of this business of playing outside of Wales.

This weekend:

1. Domingo
2. Servat
3. Cole
4. Nallet
5. Pape
6. Sole
7. Ouedraogo
8. Harinordoquy

9. Parra
10. Parks
11. Williams
12. D'Arcy
13. Bastareaud
14. Bergamasco
15. McLean

16. Ford
17. Mas
18. O'Connell
19. Beattie
20. Cusiter
21. Trinh-Duc
22. Jauzion

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Bullitt @ Feb 8 2010, 10:45 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hi, I'm English and I think there should be 22 Englishmen[/b]
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
Hi, I'm Irish and I think there should be 22 Irishmen[/b]

Hi, I'm French and I think there should be 22 Frenchists[/b]
Hi, I'm Welsh and I think there should be 22 <strike>Welshm...</strike> I don't care...[/b]

[/b][/quote]
:lol:
Hi, I'm Irish and I think there should be 22 Frenchists.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Feb 14 2010, 09:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
O'Connell? Yer havin' a laugh. Cullen > POC[/b]

Thought he ran the line-out really well to be honest, or maybe it WAS Cullen. Not very many standouts in the second row.

1. Domingo
2. Servat
3. Mas
4. Nallet
5. Pape
6. Dusautoir
7. Ouedraogo
8. Harinordoquy
9. Cusiter
10. Trinh-Duc
11. Williams
12. Jauzion
13. Bastareaud
14. Clerc
15. Poitrenaud

It's such a hard call between Trinh-Duc and Parks this time. I think we have to go with Trinh-Duc though, if only because France won. It's an easy way to do a tiebreaker :D

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 15 2010, 03:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's such a hard call between Trinh-Duc and Parks this time. I think we have to go with Trinh-Duc though, if only because France won. It's an easy way to do a tiebreaker :D[/b]

For sure, but to tell you that even if he doesn't look as brilliant as in this match, Trinh-Duc is despite that very familiar playing with a frequently dominated pack in his club, Montpellier

1- The French chap.
2- Servat
3- A Jones
4- Cullen
5- Pape
6- Brown
7- Williams
8- Heaslip

9- Parra
10- Parks
11- Williams
12- Roberts
13- Bastereaud
14-
15- Poitrenaud

I only caught the second half of France-Ireland and didn't see England-Italy at all, bar the extended highlights on the Red Button. And my knowledge of front row forwards is evcen more limited in French. Plus, there just Shane as a stand-out winger this week.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Feb 16 2010, 12:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1- The French chap.
2- Servat
3- A Jones
4- Cullen
5- Pape
6- Brown
7- Williams
8- Heaslip

9- Parra
10- Parks
11- Williams
12- Roberts
13- Bastereaud
14-
15- Poitrenaud

I only caught the second half of France-Ireland and didn't see England-Italy at all, bar the extended highlights on the Red Button. And my knowledge of front row forwards is evcen more limited in French. Plus, there just Shane as a stand-out winger this week.[/b]

Well if I had to choose only one frenchman it would be harinordoquy instead of Heaslip. I think he'll be man of the tournament. And the french 1 is Domingo btw ;)

Dunc - Ill agree with you that Roberts had a much much better game against Scotland, made the kind of breaks and offloads we saw in the Lions and BaBas games. But can we really put him in over the french centres after that sort of performance against Ireland? Its a tough call.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DuncTheDoodle @ Feb 16 2010, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
1- The French chap.
2- Servat
3- A Jones
4- Cullen
5- Pape
6- Brown
7- Williams
8- Heaslip

9- Parra
10- Parks
11- Williams
12- Roberts
13- Bastereaud
14-
15- Poitrenaud

I only caught the second half of France-Ireland and didn't see England-Italy at all, bar the extended highlights on the Red Button. And my knowledge of front row forwards is evcen more limited in French. Plus, there just Shane as a stand-out winger this week.[/b]

If in doubt, throw in a Welshman...

Williams at 7? He didn't have a great game against Scotland imo. Got blown away ruck time, and fell off a few tackles to boot. Warberton had a positive impact off the bench. I'd have Barclay, Bergamasco and Ouedraogo in from of Williams.

Agree with Bluemoon about Roberts. Much better game that in previous tests, but Bastareaud and Jauzion were better.

1) Domingo
2) Servat
3) Castrogiovanni
4) Geldenhuys
5) Pape
6) Dusuatoir
7) Barclay
8) Harinordoquy (player of tournemant so far IMO)
9) Parra
10) Parks
11) Williams
12) Darcy
13) Basteraud
14) Cueto
15) Byrne

That's a good attempt coonor. Don't agree with Castrogiovanni however. He played very well, but got himself sin-binned which could have cost them, he was lucky England decided to kick the ball away every time they got it during that period.

Latest posts