• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

7 week ban for Davies

Put tip tackles to one side, it was foul play off of the ball - that is warrenting of the ban in its own right, I think a lot of energy will be saved by forgetting the word tip tackle in this instance.

I think the ban was relatively light to be honest. It did seem out of charcter for Davies though ?
Main Issue regarding the ban is its a complete lottery what you will get depends on who is banning you, which country you are from if you say sorry you get less than if you try to clear your name. Which suggests that it would be better to have a representative from each country of the tournament, and keep them the same untill tournament finishes, rather than have different people for every citing.

I think the ban was relatively light to be honest. It did seem out of charcter for Davies though ?
Main Issue regarding the ban is its a complete lottery what you will get depends on who is banning you, which country you are from if you say sorry you get less than if you try to clear your name. Which suggests that it would be better to have a representative from each country of the tournament, and keep them the same untill tournament finishes, rather than have different people for every citing.
That's why he got off easy

It was retalliation for the player that banged Adam Jones from behind when he was not even in the play but everyone seems to of not noticed that part of this!!!

It was retalliation for the player that banged Adam Jones from behind when he was not even in the play but everyone seems to of not noticed that part of this!!!

Adam Jones was protecting a ruck when Donnacha Ryan (arguably illegally) tried to ruck him out. Not from behind, in play.

I did see the incident with Adam Jones (reminded me of the lions tour incident with Botha) but if that made him so mad why not just punch Ryan out.
Welsh Players need to realise, everything we do is seen and acted on, so they need to be a bit sneakier.

Nicely veiled threat. I'm just saying I see you bring it up a lot and no one else mention that's just my own observation.

Haha, thanks.

You weren't here in 2009. Wait till 2013. Heck, wait till NZ play Ireland three times in a few months.

Regardless, it was a wind up...Seemed pretty obvious.

I did see the incident with Adam Jones (reminded me of the lions tour incident with Botha) but if that made him so mad why not just punch Ryan out.
Welsh Players need to realise, everything we do is seen and acted on, so they need to be a bit sneakier.

Right... punching him out would be a lot sneakier...

Sir, I love your logic.

What could he do in front of two teams, countless TV cameras, a few match officials and the odd 70 thousand fans. He's not solid snake <_<

Is it not just easier to put the extra energy into making your next tackle a big(ger)one?

Rugby players can't be subtle, it's against their nature.

Haha, thanks.

You weren't here in 2009. Wait till 2013. Heck, wait till NZ play Ireland three times in a few months.

Regardless, it was a wind up...Seemed pretty obvious.

I like responding to wind ups no idea why. Guess I'll wait and see then.

The nature of the game we play means we dont have to punch or for the more cranially challenged spear tackle. Look at Josh Lewsey vs Matt Rogers. Bit of handbags and Lewsey dealt with it and I'm not Lewsey's biggest fan.

Latest posts