• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

Yeah and crazy enough it's Rassie that got the deal done. He's a brute of a lad though. His weight for his medical was 104KG and his speed tests are impressive for that frame.
Also Rassie and Jacques may be staying until May 2018 now and combining roles.
Goebler is a lesser known guy but hopefully he can be as good as Kleyn.

Yeah and crazy enough it's Rassie that got the deal done. He's a brute of a lad though. His weight for his medical was 104KG and his speed tests are impressive for that frame.
Also Rassie and Jacques may be staying until May 2018 now and combining roles.
Gerbrandt Grobler has served a 2 year ban for doping.
Yes he did and admitted his guilt. However he's on a 1 year deal so up to him to prove himself. It was a tough task to try and get another lock in but I can say he is on peanuts I'd go as far as to say he's on the equivalent of a 3rd year academy guy and that is nice value for a guy of his calibre. Also he is coming in as a squad player as opposed to being a "starter that we depend on". And it is a tie up for a year until Dillan or Tadgh Beirne or even both come.

Chris Cloete on the other hand can be an even more destructive guy than CJ with ball in hand. He is a natural 7 too and I've massive hope for him to be a success.

Cloete's a monster.Check highlights of SA A vs French Barbarians.....and uncapped by SA?

I'm SLIGHTLY ticked off at the SA unions. If Chris can qualify to play for Ireland I'm going to chew off my wrists.

I'm SLIGHTLY ticked off at the SA unions. If Chris can qualify to play for Ireland I'm going to chew off my wrists.

I don't think he qualifies anymore? . Sa a used to be our second team so if you played for them you can't play for another nation. But I know they wanted to change our second team designation to the baby boks instead so that those young talent gets tied to SA.

SA A has not been our 2nd team for a while, the Bokkies are. We officially changed it a few years ago. Not sure if he ever played for Juniors???

#3SouthAfricanPro12sides #LimerickSouthAfrica
Crazily I will laugh and agree. It is possible
CJ, Taute, Grobler, Kleyn and Cloete all start so it'd be like 1/3 of our team will beSouth African. Add in a new THP is rumoured to be on way from that region too. As a back up only though.

I don't think he qualifies anymore? . Sa a used to be our second team so if you played for them you can't play for another nation. But I know they wanted to change our second team designation to the baby boks instead so that those young talent gets tied to SA.
No he is free to play for Ireland after 3 years and that is why he got a 3 year deal as the option will be there.

That's a real bummer. Cloete is a monster and in my opinion should have been in the Bok set-up this year. Fetchers in SA are treated with so much neglect.

I don't blame Munster or Cloete haha.
We just don't know how to hold on to talent (also too poor I suppose).
A Peter O'Mahony, Cloete and Stander backrow with Jack O'Donoghue/Oliver/Tommy O'Donnell off the bench is a sweet thought

I don't blame Munster or Cloete haha.
We just don't know how to hold on to talent (also too poor I suppose).
Don't mind Tigs, he is being ironic because his club is a joke shop shadow of its former self flooded with low quality foreign signings who refuse to buy into the Leicester culture, which in its essence amounted to cheating their way towards trophies and replacing numbers on their jerseys with letters in the first place.

Would be great for Munster if they could hang on to both their SA coaches for all of the 17/18 season. Mid season is a disastrous time to lose them as is.

On Gerbrandt Grobler, I don't wish him any ill on a personal level and hope he's a huge success with Munster in a position where the need reinforcements . The fact that he admitted to doping stands to him rather than making up a bullsh*t excuse however I'd rather a stand was taken against dopers and they had no place in Irish rugby.

Chris Cloete sounds like a terrific signing. Munster's backrow should be extremely strong in 17/18 and they now have plenty of depth there too.

Don't mind Tigs, he is being ironic because his club is a joke shop shadow of its former self flooded with low quality foreign signings who refuse to buy into the Leicester culture, which in its essence amounted to cheating their way towards trophies and replacing numbers on their jerseys with letters in the first place.

If i go to Munster next season i'm so going to have to get you a Neil Back 7 jersey from 02.

I mean Munster recent record v Tigers in the last two years.
Tigers 3 wins v Munsters 1...........................................

If i go to Munster next season i'm so going to have to get you a Neil Back 7 jersey from 02.

I mean Munster recent record v Tigers in the last two years.
Tigers 3 wins v Munsters 1...........................................

You know Neil Back is actually applauded here for that.

Would be great for Munster if they could hang on to both their SA coaches for all of the 17/18 season. Mid season is a disastrous time to lose them as is.

On Gerbrandt Grobler, I don't wish him any ill on a personal level and hope he's a huge success with Munster in a position where the need reinforcements . The fact that he admitted to doping stands to him rather than making up a bullsh*t excuse however I'd rather a stand was taken against dopers and they had no place in Irish rugby.

Chris Cloete sounds like a terrific signing. Munster's backrow should be extremely strong in 17/18 and they now have plenty of depth there too.
I understand your views Snoop. But equally he did the crime and admitted it and served his time. Also given the circumstances it is a good bit of business. And well next year I would expect us to be going all out for Dillane and Beirne.

Just saw those signings. Egg on my face. Whats Groebler like @saulan

As others have said, he got a drug ban for two years when he was making inroads into the Stormers side (after an ankle injury as well). So there really isn't too much to be said about him to be honest. But he is quite big, has something to prove so should be interesting to see how he turns out.

Latest posts