• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A great big Munster thread

I think Connall Henchy will also be added at some stage. We have no academy hookers and he's looked good in SC by all accounts and for Ireland U19. Moloney I'm also surprised isn't there right now. Oji will be worth a look as well for future intakes.

Stay mad that we apparently have a license to play international teams and you don't.
More interestingly on this. Australia have approached us and wanted to play. This was blocked and they were offered to play Leinster by IRFU.
The response was this wouldn't be financially or marketing-wise good for Aus as Leinster don't have a good fanbase in Aus. Connacht I have heard is under option now as well as us revisiting.

PUC are mad to rubber stamp so the venue should be confirmed Saturday and after that I think we have our new home for games where we need to leave Thomond Park.

In all my years with Munster. Wasn't active (or high up in 2008) but come November I will have been involved in Munster when we met Aus, NZ, NZ Maori and SA.

Should add financially this is very attractive too. no rent either and tickets will be split % wise between PUC and Munster and we have full hog on corporate while PUC I believe have their own bars on site.

More interestingly on this. Australia have approached us and wanted to play. This was blocked and they were offered to play Leinster by IRFU.
The response was this wouldn't be financially or marketing-wise good for Aus as Leinster don't have a good fanbase in Aus. Connacht I have heard is under option now as well as us revisiting.

PUC are mad to rubber stamp so the venue should be confirmed Saturday and after that I think we have our new home for games where we need to leave Thomond Park.

In all my years with Munster. Wasn't active (or high up in 2008) but come November I will have been involved in Munster when we met Aus, NZ, NZ Maori and SA.

Should add financially this is very attractive too. no rent either and tickets will be split % wise between PUC and Munster and we have full hog on corporate while PUC I believe have their own bars on site.
I mean I'd have been surprised that the Aussie Union had any data on the best supported provinces Down Under!

Yeah I think the biggest headline from this game is that Cork will finally get a good, attractive game in PuC. If Cork GAA are willing to cut a favorable deal like this, it might make home SFs etc more viable in the future which would be great for us. Beyond the financial aspect, Cork as a rugby city deserves more high profile games like this.

I mean I'd have been surprised that the Aussie Union had any data on the best supported provinces Down Under!

Yeah I think the biggest headline from this game is that Cork will finally get a good, attractive game in PuC. If Cork GAA are willing to cut a favorable deal like this, it might make home SFs etc more viable in the future which would be great for us. Beyond the financial aspect, Cork as a rugby city deserves more high profile games like this.
To be fair Cork GAA are not the issue it is HQ in GAA. IRFU finally accepting too we are not fans of Dublin so Aviva needs to be gone

To be fair Cork GAA are not the issue it is HQ in GAA. IRFU finally accepting too we are not fans of Dublin so Aviva needs to be gone
So in the URC - your thinking Aviva for Leinster's home games and PUC for Munster's when they're playing each other?

So in the URC - your thinking Aviva for Leinster's home games and PUC for Munster's when they're playing each other?
No. In ERC games when we can't play in Thomond Park we want to play in Cork in PUC (if all goes well logistically etc).
For URC games no as the cost of renting and less financial rewards (compared to financial supports from ERC in knockout games) for renting PUC would not make sense.

Interesting to see that RG is back doing lineout work. There's been no word on it for Munster, but surely he must be close to a return if he's doing lineouts off the back of a knee injury

Also note from training pictures that Okeke is back training. We could do with a few more backrows right now being fit. We also have Dan Hurley (Shannon I think) and Shay McCarthy (Cookies) training with us from the AIL

Also good to have Fineen back from the Giraffe Sanctuary.

Also fair play to the cameraman for getting this picture of John Hodnett pantsing O'Donoghue with Snymans help.

inpho_02171724.jpg

Interesting to see that RG is back doing lineout work. There's been no word on it for Munster, but surely he must be close to a return if he's doing lineouts off the back of a knee injury

Also note from training pictures that Okeke is back training. We could do with a few more backrows right now being fit. We also have Dan Hurley (Shannon I think) and Shay McCarthy (Cookies) training with us from the AIL

Also good to have Fineen back from the Giraffe Sanctuary.

Also fair play to the cameraman for getting this picture of John Hodnett pantsing O'Donoghue with Snymans help.

View attachment 15961
RG is back doing contact for last 3 weeks. doing about 85% of full trainings with 20% longer recovery times given at this stage.

Will be back possibly for end of 6 Nations window. Will be tight for Sharks game though but definitely possible he is bench impact

New Munster academy intake!

The new Academy recruits are Dylan Hicks, Shay McCarthy, Ben O'Connor and Ireland U20 Grand Slam winners Brian Gleeson and George Hadden.

Gleeson obviously the best known quantity for Munster fans. Hadden probably a good pickup for us. Quite surprised Danny Sheahan hasn't made it, we've no academy hookers and it's hardly a position of strength for us.

I'm hugely excited about O'Connor. Turned down Cork hurling to play rugby and he looks a proper player. Must have been the best schools player in Munster this year.

McCarthy has been training with the squad all year so not surprising I guess. Hicks for me I have no idea really. Another West Cork guy

Munster Rugby coach Greig Oliver (58) has died following a tragic paragliding accident in South Africa.

Greig Oliver, a well-known figure in Munster rugby and a former Scotland international, was in the country supporting his son Jack, a scrum half with the U20s squad.

A great friend and a super man. A gentleman and a great servant to us.

To say I'm heartbroken and speechless is an understatement. I don't say this often but 1 man who will never get the true recognition snd appreciation outside this province for what he has done. You see alot of our younger guys. You're Ben Healys, Jack Crowleys, Craig Caseys even some forwards like John Hodnetts and Alex Kendellans. They don't be as high a ceiling as they are without Greigs input.

RIP to a superb man. Born a Scot and a proud Scottish man but was destined to always be a Munsterman

Max Clein and Ronan Foxe added to the Munster academy.

Foxe a tidy bit of poaching imo. Big wide lump of a lad. With Salanoa and Knox being so injury prone I think he will get minutes this year.

Clein I'm slightly surprised and I wonder will it come at the expense of Danny Sheahan. Open to correction, but Sheahan is highly rated and is probably the likely starter for the Irish 20s this year.

On that note I think we should have a pretty strong 20s contingent this year all going well

Latest posts