• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

It's scary how the republicans have full on adopted the view of simply not accepting the result of democratic elections any more...
It's strategic.
They want to create enough noise about it, and enough responses from Democrats that challenging results is seen as just politics as normal; so when they actually do rig an election, and the democrats complain, it can be just spun as being "politics as normal" and hypocrisy from the democrats to not "just shut up and accept the result".
Republicans don't give a damn about hypocrisy - if anything, they actively like it (because it annoys the lib.s).
But it's one of the worst offences you can accuse a democrat of.

The government is preparing to launch a Brexit helpline for British businesses and has awarded the contract for providing the service to an Indian company.

The Department for International Trade will announce details of the hotline this week. It will help companies to negotiate a range of new rules, including documentation and physical checks on goods, that are due to come into force next year.

I found this interesting. Now obviously I fully support rapists being jailed and punished and it is definitely something that needs addressing. But for me it also sums up exactly the issue with politics in this country. Too often the focus is on dealing with the consequences, not on dealing with the causes. The reality is that if you're jailing a rapist then it's already too late. They have committed the crime in the first place and that's what the focus should be on stopping. The focus should be on better education for men and boys around sex and consent. More money spent on getting police into the community, more efforts to make society safer. Yes you won't completely eliminate crime, but there is definitely a large percentage that could be reduced by focusing on the causes, rather than just dealing with the consequences.

g297uzaiz4r71.jpg

More and more corruption being uncovered...

Doesn't get any better.

How the hell is Philip Green and his wife will be allowed to keep their knighthoods and damehood after this? Buying properties through offshore companies whilst BHS was being sold for £1 and leaving a massive £571m

That's 100 more than I've been seeing.
I've been seeing "27" from the times, and "127" from Johnson.
I can't bring myself to believe either of them; but between them, the Times is more trustworthy - and has actual deterrents for lying

Last edited:

I think its always orth watching this now and again even with other people for argument Ian Hislop puts forward.

Plus the fact it's been shown the death penalty is not a deterrent in the slightest for the simple reason that nobody commits crimes if they think they will be caught.

Latest posts