• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

The guy in charge of our justice department and previously foreign secretary!

The guy in charge of our justice department and previously foreign secretary!
tenor.gif

Reducing the universal credit boost is pretty grim just in general (as UC is so unfit for purpose on the whole) but to do it while the cost of living is skyrocketing is just needlessly cruel.
Tories could've easily won some easy goodwill-points by saying they're just going to leave that £20 increase on permanently, and give themselves an easy out in the future for demands for more raises (we raised it £20 when we didn't need to!) but no - they'd rather poor people suffer instead

2021-10-06_09h51_37.png

I know this is a pretty low blow in the grand scheme of things but how the hell has this ugly ******* fathered many kids? Got to be one of the least "leader like" looking leaders in the world at the moment. It's like a pig in a suit with a poor wig. Cameron probably ****** him once by mistake as part of their high japes.

View attachment 12344

I know this is a pretty low blow in the grand scheme of things but how the hell has this ugly ******* fathered many kids? Got to be one of the least "leader like" looking leaders in the world at the moment. It's like a pig in a suit with a poor wig. Cameron probably ****** him once by mistake as part of their high japes.
That amazing brand of kinder, gentler politics

That amazing brand of kinder, gentler politics
No point in being kinder or gentler with the current crop. This goes beyond politics, the man as an individual is repugnant. A serial liar and cheater who can't even be honest about how many kids he has, who has been fired from 1 job and 1 political position for lying and who is treating one of the biggest issues in recent history of this country as a game. Quite frankly how can you look at him as a person or as a political leader and say that's who you want leading the country? Can you actually describe good things he does other than some vague "believes in Britain" that can be achieved by getting a wedgie on a zip line with a pair of union flags?

Are you genuinely not embarrassed by his appearance and conduct on the world stage?

I do miss having a PM that at least looked the part.
I miss having a PM who at least gave a **** about those most in need in our society and didn't give it lip service.

Say what you like about Blair and a lot could be said about the mistakes he made but I never felt like he wasn't trying.

Priti Patel, yesterday: "Freedom to protest is a fundamental right our party will forever fight to uphold."

Also yesterday:

Liam Geary Baulch who lives near Manchester told us: "within 30 seconds of holding this sign outside the Conservative party conference it was confiscated by Manchester police for "offensive language". When I asked to have my property back, I was arrested for breach of the peace. As Priti Patel laid out her crackdown on protest inside, I was in the back of a van for simply standing alone with a piece of cardboard. If anything I'm more convinced now that this sign is the truth"

This speech by Boris Johnson really is something else. So much waffle

Of course, few other countries needed to - because they didn't act like a student given until the end of the school year to hand in their essay, but who leaves it to the last night to get started.

Unrelated...

Last edited:

Doesn't get any better.
Didn't know about Chepa and Gutseriev. Although not surprised at all... Gutseriev is a person of many talents : oligarch, "poet, Doctor of Economics, member of the Union of Writers" etc :D and a big patriot of course
Although can't really understand why all that oligarchat invests mostly in the UK property (why UK? :rolleyes: )

Why is it? Politicians have done it for years, what do you think the "Dunkirk spirit" was?
It's not really the same thing though. Dunkirk was essentially about having some level of standing army remaining for the perceived inevitable invasion of the UK.

There is no plucky comeback for the Afghanistan story.

It was definitely more fall of Saigon (which is always framed as a humilation) than Dunkirk.

"Incredible to hear hi frame a moment of acute national humiliation as triumph."

Why is it? Politicians have done it for years, what do you think the "Dunkirk spirit" was?
Dunkirk, although an embarrassment, was also a pretty impressive undertaking. There was nothing impressive about how we left Afghanistan. Granted I don't think Johnson deserves too much flak for that, once the Americans decided they were leaving then that was it. However you would have thought the best course of action would be to try not to mention is again but it seems Johnson is immune to shame and embarrassment so not only is happy to dredge it up again but to boast about it like we actually achieved anything. As has been pointed out, the withdrawal from Vietnam is a more apt comparison. The idea that after years and years of costly fighting we are scurrying away with our tail between our legs, defeated. No live to fight another day spirit, just flat out defeat.

I don't particularly blame Johnson for Afghanistan as it was a no win whatever happened but attempting to portray it as anything else is ridiculous.

Latest posts