• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

Last edited:
Was Navalny really the hero he's been made out to be? I get he was opposed to Putin but I'm pretty sure he wasn't opposed to Russia's invasion. I'm sad that Russia have murdered another person (among the 10000s of Ukrainians) but I'm not sure he's necessarily a Mandela type figure.

I'm pretty sure he wasn't opposed to Russia's invasion.
Where did you get that from?
I'm not sure he's necessarily a Mandela type figure.
I think he was symbolic of the opposition to Putin around who they could rally around. All other opposition have been got rid of. Let's see how his widow and family do carrying on the cause….

Was Navalny really the hero he's been made out to be? I get he was opposed to Putin but I'm pretty sure he wasn't opposed to Russia's invasion. I'm sad that Russia have murdered another person (among the 10000s of Ukrainians) but I'm not sure he's necessarily a Mandela type figure.
He did object to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, but apparently he did have some pretty right wing views

He did object to Russia's invasion of Ukraine, but apparently he did have some pretty right wing views
He objected to the annexation of Crimea but also said Russia should never give it back. He was a Russian nationalist first and foremost

TBH I don't know too much about Navelny apart from he was vehemently opposed to Putin and assumed he was opposed to the invasion of Ukraine.

But it's by the by now other than he is portrayed as a martyr. Any discussion what he would have done and views is moot.

How his widow can carry on her late husband's work without coming to harm herself and silenced remains to be seen. Have we heard much from Litvinenko's widow since her husband was also silenced and the Skripals since they have gone into witness protection?

Last edited:
The Alabama Supreme Court ruled Friday that frozen embryos are people and someone can be held liable for destroying them

It's always baffling how these far right religious nutjobs are so adamant about legislating for unborn "children" and yet are completely apathetic around legislating to reduce the number of actual murders of living people.