• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

A Political Thread pt. 2

I would pay money to see Putin lowered into a lake full of hungry crocodiles. Is there anyone else on the planet who has destroyed so many lives including his fellow Russians? A sad old twisted thug who is obsessed with history and can't accept that Ukraine has chosen a different path and embraced western values. Russian people deserve much much better.

Maybe another country he's the head of state for, could re-invite him - Fiji perhaps?

Civil War Mk. 2

What we saying? Cavaliers or Roundheads?
Honestly if I had to pick between Charles III and Liz Truss I might go full royalist....

Why pick this fight though? Charles is known outspoken person on climate change. People aren't going to be shocked by his views even if they don't line with the government. And the Queen just died making the Royal family immensely popular in the peoples eyes. Your polling is catastrophic with 3 groups putting you behind 30 points.

You need easy wins not unforced errors.

After the Queen died there were reports that Truss was going to accompany Charles on his tour of the four home nations. Buckingham palace then refuted this and said she wouldn't be 'accompanying' him. I wonder if Truss' nose was out of joint because of that and this is some sort of petty revenge.

Watching Truss live on BBC1 now. Absolutely horrendous. Tory members who voted her in should be banned from voting again.

Christ, like it's bad in so many ways. And she still endorses it so she has thrown under the bus for what reason?

Christ, like it's bad in so many ways. And she still endorses it so she has thrown under the bus for what reason?

Gove was on the panel of guests and refused to confirm he'd vote for her plans next week. He was actually fairly critical of the mini budget and the way it was rolled out. Sounds like a backbench rebellion is already brewing.

Tories fiddle while the country burns...

The thing that still astonishes me is how anyone can still say they support the Tories or think they are performing well.

Surely as King and head of state he could tell Thick Lizz to go F herself?

Sorry, but I'm not sure how much state media coverage of the UK royal family you have to watch to think anything qualifies Charlie SCG to travel to Egypt and pontificate on the environment. He is of course free to enter politics and try to influence domestic or international policy through that avenue. Otherwise there is no requirement him to publicly air an opinion on anything, ever.

It seems the Russian withdrawal from Lyman was a mixture of surrender, escaping via woods (while Ukraine was distracted to the north) and, tragically, being cut down in significant numbers. Disgraceful they weren't allowed by Russia to withdraw 72hrs earlier and a shame if thousands weren't taken prisoner.

I think the best thing that can happen for the future of Ukraine (should they somehow win back all their territory) is thousands of Russian POWs going back home to tell their friends and families that the Ukrainians are not 'nazis and satanists' and that they treated them better than their own Russian commanders did and that it was a disgrace that this war was ever started.

Latest posts