• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

#ABsToSamoa- Campbell LIVE

Those Pacific Islanders who do not prefer to stay in New Zealand because of established community links and a more generous welfare system.

See what I mean. Honestly I dont usually put people down on here but you are just stupid with your insinuations of us. You are so stupid, thats stereotyping us, almost racist. Thats one of the worst put downs of a ethnicity I've ever heard on here.

Why do you think Nonu has an island tattoo on his arm? Why do you think Kaino always says hes a proud Samoan? Us hamos are proud and we say it proudly.

William you are just stupid, straight up.

Ughh, firstly Eliota Fuimaono-Sapolu is a joke. He is an idiot. How the ***** did he get a degree in law?

Secondly, I don't think we owe any country anything, we're not obligated to play where it won't be mutually beneficial. Attacking it from the angle "how many All Blacks have PI heritage" is ridiculous; how many athletes with PI heritage have been paid extremely well based off New Zealand rugby? Maybe we will altruistically travel to the Islands knowing we will lose money, but we may as well do it when we feel that money can be lost - and frankly when we do visit I hope it doesn't reinforce a misguided sense of obligation, based off nothing but proximity.

I dont think he is a joke and he is certainly not an idiot (maybe look in the mirror for that). Maybe youre a bit rustled by his opinion but he does have a point and you just proved in your post. Its about money.

I dont think he is a joke and he is certainly not an idiot (maybe look in the mirror for that). Maybe youre a bit rustled by his opinion but he does have a point and you just proved in your post. Its about money.

I think he's a joke.

He obviously has no real world grounding, or he wouldn't be comparing sporting misfortunes to the holocaust, apartheid etc.

People tend to overlook any good points you make when you deliver them in a childish way. It's like when students protest with signs saying "**** the fees" etc. If you can't deliver your message like an adult, then no one is going to treat you like an adult. End of story.

I think he's a joke.

He obviously has no real world grounding, or he wouldn't be comparing sporting misfortunes to the holocaust, apartheid etc.

People tend to overlook any good points you make when you deliver them in a childish way. It's like when students protest with signs saying "**** the fees" etc. If you can't deliver your message like an adult, then no one is going to treat you like an adult. End of story.

Thats your opinion if you think hes a joke, and i dont think he delivered it in a childish way at all. He only exaggerated when talking about hitler (which i thought was pretty funny) but the rest of what he said i have no problem with it.

Oh yeah your comment about being treated like an adult makes me laugh. Youre going to have to define how someone delivers their message now for them to be treated like an adult? People have different ways of communicating, just because they deliver in a different way to how youre use to doesnt mean they shouldnt be treated like an adult.

p.s being an adult is overrated haha you dont remember being a kid and looking up to those you thought were adults and thinking they had everything in control, but you then grow up and realise that you were dead wrong and that adults act just as childish just in a different way.

I think he's a joke.

Exactly. I think hes a ****ing moron comparing sporting misfortunes to the holocaust, apartheid etc and does the PI's no favors with showing an incredible amount of stupidity when he opens his mouth.

In all honesty

1. We do not owe the Islands a tour
2. The amount of money we spend on young talent and bringing them through our age groups is pretty damn high
3. Why do they choose to play for the AB's, the same reason the AB's don't go there, money. They make more, have more opportunities and enjoy the lifestyle more here.
4. It is a financial reason why we don't go there IMO, however the AB's as a brand have a pretty high wage bill, it takes money to pay that, sport is a business and would a business cut a huge amount of their profit out for a year?
5. Steve Tew is a lying cocksmoker and I can't stand that smug *******.

Thats your opinion if you think hes a joke, and i dont think he delivered it in a childish way at all. He only exaggerated when talking about hitler (which i thought was pretty funny) but the rest of what he said i have no problem with it.

Oh yeah your comment about being treated like an adult makes me laugh. Youre going to have to define how someone delivers their message now for them to be treated like an adult? People have different ways of communicating, just because they deliver in a different way to how youre use to doesnt mean they shouldnt be treated like an adult.

p.s being an adult is overrated haha you dont remember being a kid and looking up to those you thought were adults and thinking they had everything in control, but you then grow up and realise that you were dead wrong and that adults act just as childish just in a different way.

You're such a stupid idiot, it's no use arguing with you, you're as dumb as plank of wood and as misguided as Hitler.

If I could lower your reputation I would, but this stupid nazi-regime instigated by this crappy fascist forum means that I can't.

You're such a stupid idiot, it's no use arguing with you, you're as dumb as plank of wood and as misguided as Hitler.

If I could lower your reputation I would, but this stupid nazi-regime instigated by this crappy fascist forum means that I can't.

are you mad?

See what I mean. Honestly I dont usually put people down on here but you are just stupid with your insinuations of us. You are so stupid, thats stereotyping us, almost racist. Thats one of the worst put downs of a ethnicity I've ever heard on here.

Why do you think Nonu has an island tattoo on his arm? Why do you think Kaino always says hes a proud Samoan? Us hamos are proud and we say it proudly.

William you are just stupid, straight up.

How so? If these players are so passionate about Samoa then why don't they play for them? Your insinuation is that people born and raised in New Zealand are going to go and live in another country because the All Blacks don't play a game of rugby in a country where they choose not to live.

You might call it a put down, that is fine. However, it is certainly true that Pacific Islanders are disproportionately represented in many unfortunate statistical categories in relation to economics, health and crime. To say we exploit these people is ridiculous when they both contribute and benefit from the state. People of Pacific Island descent represent a significant part of New Zealand culture and identity. It is certainly true that Australia has tougher welfare policies and it is difficult to live there should you be unemployed. This makes it tougher to maintain family links and get your whole family to live there if they can't find jobs.

I think it is more likely unemployment assistance is a factor in deciding where to live then where that nation's rugby team plays. If you want to call me racist for saying that economic factors are important to people for deciding where to live, then call me racist.

How so? If these players are so passionate about Samoa then why don't they play for them?

Do you honestly think Samoans in the All Blacks are not proud Samoans? You should know better, if you know any Samoan (which I doubt because you think of us as just beneficiaries) would say they are NOT proud of their ethnicity?

Money is why they dont play for Samoa. And you should be happy about that cos imagine Samoans, Tongans and Fijians wernt allowed to play for the All Blacks, imagine that..yes the All Blacks would average at best. The other reason is because a lot of them are born here in NZ but you ask them what they are and they will tell you Samoan, Tongan etc.

Did you know in New Zealand you can dress up in Kiwi clothes, talk a Kiwi accent and people will still ask you, what are you? Yeah

Your insinuation is that people born and raised in New Zealand are going to go and live in another country because the All Blacks don't play a game of rugby in a country where they choose not to live.

Stop twisting it. You're not an Islander. You dont know what we talk about. I've tried to tell you what the word is but you're not listening. I didnt just mention Rugby did I? Did I mention better living and other reasons? Did I? Yeah read properly. Guys like Israel Folau are the first of the Aussie Islanders that will probably see Austrailia take over world rugby dominance and if the All Blacks stop getting the top quality Islanders/Polynesians (remember Maoris are polynesians), then All Blacks wont be so good anymore.

You might call it a put down, that is fine. However, it is certainly true that Pacific Islanders are disproportionately represented in many unfortunate statistical categories in relation to economics, health and crime. To say we exploit these people is ridiculous when they both contribute and benefit from the state. People of Pacific Island descent represent a significant part of New Zealand culture and identity. It is certainly true that Australia has tougher welfare policies and it is difficult to live there should you be unemployed. This makes it tougher to maintain family links and get your whole family to live there if they can't find jobs.

I think it is more likely unemployment assistance is a factor in deciding where to live then where that nation's rugby team plays. If you want to call me racist for saying that economic factors are important to people for deciding where to live, then call me racist.

Dont try and water down you're outlandish remarks towards us Islanders. What you said was just plain stupid. We wernt even talking about that to that extenT Really and you just went and posted what you assumed was our motive for moving to Aus. What you said is right there for all to see so you cant sugar coat it. It was just stupid. Did I say something STUPID ABOUT YOUR PEOPLE? DID I?..

It shows what you think of us when you posted what you did. The thing is I bet you see Islanders a lot and you wouldnt dare say something like that to their face and on that note you probably do know how proud Islanders are to call themselves Tongan or whatever they are.
Once more, I didnt say Islanders are going to move to Austrailia cos we have to beg the All Blacks to play in our country. Its right there what I said and thats Islanders are moving over to Aus from NZ FACT. What Im saying on top of that is NZ has to realise how valuable the Islanders are not only to the All Blacks but other sports too that Islanders wear the Silver Fern for so the NZRFU has to be very careful (as they are) not to keep us Islanders begging for too long. I cant believe we have to beg AND THATS THE ISSUE HERE!

Yeah...

Well other than his arguments being riddled with historical inaccuracies, emotive based arguments and racist undertones - he just comes off as a fool. I don't doubt you appreciate that, as you come off as a fool too.

I never said it wasn't about money. It is about money. If Samoa found an oil well, built a 30,000 seat stadium and charged tickets at competitive prices which their newly increased GDP could provide, no doubt we'd be there. As it is the NZRU doesn't want to lose money, which is different from being greedy. If playing in the USA will grow the game in a market 300 million people big - and the NZRU can profit from it, great! Like I have said before, we owe no country anything based on proximity. If Samoa and New Zealand were 'really the same thing' then why are they independent? Apparently being a racist white man, as opposed to a proud Pacific Islander - makes it hard for me to understand that distinction.

In other news - why is it Manchester United not playing more exhibition games in Westpac Stadium against the Wellington Phoenix?! There are over 60,000 Kiwis living in England and nearly 20% of NZ's population qualifies for a UK passport! They owe us to tour! Ever if we don't sell out and they lose money! They owe it to us!!

Money is why they dont play for Samoa. And you should be happy about that cos imagine Samoans, Tongans and Fijians wernt allowed to play for the All Blacks, imagine that..yes the All Blacks would average at best. The other reason is because a lot of them are born here in NZ but you ask them what they are and they will tell you Samoan, Tongan etc.

Damn I like Fekitoa and...all those other players in the All Blacks born in Samoa, Tonga and Fiji (Kaino is from American Samoa fyi ;).

We've had this discussion before Sam. You always go too far and presume to speak on behalf of all Pacific Islanders. I can only speak to you from my experience with my friends who are Pacific Islanders. Like any ethnic minority with recent immigration ties, of course being a Pacific Islander informs their sense of identity. It's not unique to Pacific Islanders. Regardless, I wouldn't dream to tell any of my teammates, colleges and mates who are Polynesian that they aren't every bit of a New Zealander than I am, as I know many of them are proud to be a Kiwi. Making statements that players of PI heritage are only after the money involved with playing for New Zealand I think is pretty insulting, and contrary to the rest of your argument on how you have framed William's argument. Furthermore, saying the All Blacks would be "average at best" without Pacific Island players is once again...a bit racist.

Last edited:
Yeah...

Well other than his arguments being riddled with historical inaccuracies, emotive based arguments and racist undertones - he just comes off as a fool. I don't doubt you appreciate that, as you come off as a fool too.

I never said it wasn't about money. It is about money. If Samoa found an oil well, built a 30,000 seat stadium and charged tickets at competitive prices which their newly increased GDP could provide, no doubt we'd be there. As it is the NZRU doesn't want to lose money, which is different from being greedy. If playing in the USA will grow the game in a market 300 million people big - and the NZRU can profit from it, great! Like I have said before, we owe no country anything based on proximity. If Samoa and New Zealand were 'really the same thing' then why are they independent? Apparently being a racist white man, as opposed to a proud Pacific Islander - makes it hard for me to understand that distinction.

In other news - why is it Manchester United not playing more exhibition games in Westpac Stadium against the Wellington Phoenix?! There are over 60,000 Kiwis living in England and nearly 20% of NZ's population qualifies for a UK passport! They owe us to tour! Ever if we don't sell out and they lose money! They owe it to us!!

I replied to your post because you called him an idiot, something i dont think he is. If you think hes an idiot than i wouldnt want to know what you think of some of your loved ones, because i can guarantee you that not everyone of them as a law degree(or a degree in general). I also said that he had a point, that the reason why the abs havent been is because of money. Did i say that you said it was about money? No. I just said that you reinforced one of his points.

and what is it with you and mr.fish calling people 'idiots' online haha do you get so mad that you have to type out the word on your screen and press send so you can let everyone on the forum know you think hes an idiot.

But yes i agree that the abs dont owe anyone a tour. They should lookout for themselves first but it would be nice to see the best team in the world tour the small island nations that love the sport so much.

And dont compare the abs-island nations to the phoenix-man united. Are you ill?haha most nzers dont care for soccer, they wouldnt care if man united made them breakfast in bed while blowing them haha. Samoa is actually ranked in the top ten, where is nz ranked in soccer? top 10? top 20? nah think outside of 100 teams haha oh my.

Damn I like Fekitoa and...all those other players in the All Blacks born in Samoa, Tonga and Fiji (Kaino is from American Samoa fyi ;).

News flash nick, Im half American Samoan and half Samoan. American Samoans call themselves Samoans, same language only the American Samoans have an American accent but we both identify ourselves us Samoans. There you go, you learnt something about Samoans.

We've had this discussion before Sam. You always go too far and presume to speak on behalf of all Pacific Islanders.

Have you been watching the news lately in regards to Samoans pretty much begging the All Blacks to come and play in our country. Yeah I think I sound like them. Too far? Maybe but its my opinion.

I can only speak to you from my experience with my friends who are Pacific Islanders. Like any ethnic minority with recent immigration ties, of course being a Pacific Islander informs their sense of identity. It's not unique to Pacific Islanders.

Thats what I've been trying to tell William, that Islanders are a proud race. Im a proud Kiwi too but people will ask you from time to time, what are you? Then we reply what we are, regardless of your Kiwi accent.

Making statements that players of PI heritage are only after the money involved with playing for New Zealand I think is pretty insulting, and contrary to the rest of your argument on how you have framed William's argument.

He's framed my arguement as well so why arent you replying to Williams post? Ofcourse most of them play for the "precious" ABs jersey out of pride but can you prove this I said "P.Is only play for the ABs for the money". Did I clear cut say that or are you framing the arguement?

I never said it wasn't about money. It is about money.

OK then..

Furthermore, saying the All Blacks would be "average at best" without Pacific Island players is once again...a bit racist.

To say the ABs would be average at best without the Islander players is pretty fair and is only racist if you go and stamp it a racist remark. Now nick you've been on here long enough to know that the rest of the worlds TRF posters say "the ABs are only good cos they poach P.I players", this is a clear indication that the world sees the Island players as the ABs big advantage and noticeble advantage. You take that away, you take anyones biggest advantage away and its a big loss.

Lomu and other Islanders wouldve carved up against the All Blacks had their parents went elsewhere instead of choosing NZ. I base that on what he did to all NZ teams when he was playing provincial and Super. Lomus just an example of so many other Islanders (whose parents chose NZ) who had ripped up or smashed fellow Kiwis in the national games.

If I did poll on which is worse..

• Me saying that the ABs would be average at best without the Islanders ever playing for them

or

• William insinuating us Islanders are just beneficiaries.

Which of those..

Lets not get away from the main arguement though. As I've stated before. We are having to beg NZ to play in our country. That is why Im on this thread. That is my arguement.

Guys like Israel Folau are the first of the Aussie Islanders that will probably see Austrailia take over world rugby
dominance and if the All Blacks stop getting the top quality Islanders/Polynesians (remember Maoris are polynesians),
then All Blacks wont be so good anymore.

Lol is all I can say, Folau had massive $$ spent on him by league and AFL to get his skill set where is today, this will not cause a migration to Aussie rugby

Money is why they dont play for Samoa. And you should be happy about that cos imagine Samoans, Tongans and Fijians wernt
allowed to play for the All Blacks, imagine that..yes the All Blacks would average at best. The other reason is because
a lot of them are born here in NZ but you ask them what they are and they will tell you Samoan, Tongan etc.

So if money and is the reason they don't play for their home country and you are happy with that why are you happy with the AB's not going to due to not enough money?

Its right there what I said and thats Islanders are moving over to Aus from NZ FACT. What Im saying on top of that is NZ
has to realise how valuable the Islanders are not only to the All Blacks but other sports too that Islanders wear the
Silver Fern for so the NZRFU has to be very careful (as they are) not to keep us Islanders begging for too long.
I cant believe we have to beg AND THATS THE ISSUE HERE!

Again not touring will not change the fact about them playing sport here, again not touring is not going to cause a mass migration, and yes people of all sorts are moving to Aussie for all reasons and I bet money that the AB's not touring the Islands is right at the bottom.

tbh dude I think you are just repeating unproven theories about potential outcomes, I haven't seen many facts to back up your arguments.

Lol is all I can say

Really??..its an abbreviation for a verb

Folau had massive $$ spent on him by league and AFL to get his skill set where is today

Oh so thats all you do to make the current best fullback?..spend a lot of money them. Ohhkay..

this will not cause a migration to Aussie rugby

Where in that paragraph post your refferring to that it says that? Yeah no where, I never said that it would cause a migration.

Your whole first paragraph is all over the place and just look at my responses lol.

So if money and is the reason they don't play for their home country and you are happy with that why are you happy with the AB's not going to due to not enough money?

Fair question, because I think it wont hurt the NZRFUs wallets, surely. No I dont know how much money they got but I know they have more than our RFU. There are risks for the All Blacks (e.g. no profit, injuries, a possible loss to us) and I guess those risks outweigh the good. To answer your question, because they can play there but they wont due to those reasons Ive mentioned which seem greedy IMO.

Again not touring will not change the fact about them playing sport here, again not touring is not going to cause a mass migration, and yes people of all sorts are moving to Aussie for all reasons and I bet money that the AB's not touring the Islands is right at the bottom.

tbh dude I think you are just repeating unproven theories about potential outcomes, I haven't seen many facts to back up your arguments.

TBH I was just frusterated at William who seems to post crap at times and it spiralled out into Islanders mass exodus to Aus, but if you check my posts it never really says that.

My point I was really trying to make during my 2nd and 3rd post on this thread is that the Islands and their young men are valuable to the All Blacks, a game in Samoa I think shows appreciation. Thats what I was tryin to say, the proof is in my previous posts.

Just that the AB clan focus on "the ABs are not as good without the Islanders part" and hit back because of that statement which I think is fair. A game in the Islands is something the NZRFU should just do, they shouldnt feel like they owe it to us or have to but an act of appreciation.

I dont care if we lose a 100-0 just as long as my fellow countryman get to see the friggin All Blacks.

We got to here like this..I agree to something, William asks a dumb question, I reply frusterated and it spirals out from there.

I must admit, its good jumping on the computer looking forward to the replys. Been in awhile since Ive been in a forum war here on TRF.

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

Only thing I have to say is, if other nations are happy to tour the Islands, then why not NZ? Scotland had a tour in 2012 that took them to Fiji and Samoa and Wales are sending one come 2017. Admittedly its likely that will be a development tour (that we'll probably lose...) as its also a Lions year, but you'd think NZ could go there if other Tier 1 Nations are! This does not apply solely to the AB's, or even the Pacific Islands - The 6N and TRC really and truly should be helping the growth of the world game by actually going out to the PI's, Georgia, Romania and North America more often.
Even just bringing them over to play would be a good start, and would break up the bloody monotony of playing the TRC teams + 1 PI nation every single Autumn! I think this Autumn I'd much rather see Wales vs a full strength Georgian side (a team Wales have NEVER played) than watch Wales vs Australia AGAIN, a fixture that come the end of the RWC2015 will have been played an astonishing 9 times in 4 years (not counting potential knock out fixtures)...
In summary, the concept is correct, reasoning of a lot of people here probably not so much. NZRFU, WRU, RFU and all the others are in it to make money for the most part, so as the multitude of Wales vs Aus fixtures show, they aren't all that willing to give up their "money fixtures" to play fixtures in less lucrative places just yet.

Last edited:
William insinuating us Islanders are just beneficiaries.

Hi didn't though. He said our comparatively generous welfare policies are more attractive to potential migrants than Australia's harsher policies.. that's just a fact. He never said "All PIs are dole bludgers" which is what you seem to have read.

Samoa benefits so much more from NZ than any other country like I said in the other thread. If all NZ born players of Samoan descent weren't allowed to play for Samoa then their national team would be a lot worse so that argument goes both ways Sam.

Oh so thats all you do to make the current best fullback?..spend a lot of money them. Ohhkay..

No you said that Folau will be the start of the Aussie Islanders and if the AB's stop getting the PI's support Aussie will take over the rugby world, I purely pointed out that he had so money invested in him that he is not the benchmark but the fringe case.

Where in that paragraph post your refferring to that it says that? Yeah no where, I never said that it would cause a migration.

Your whole first paragraph is all over the place and just look at my responses lol.

Your post mentions Aussie taking over the rugby world due to Folau being the 1st Aussie Islander and the PI's players not playing for the AB's, as do a few of your posts, I am just pointing out that 1 success story will not start a migration of players, remembering the PI players in NZ are for the lifestyle and opportunity not rugby primarily, so they will go to Aussie for the same reasons first of all.

Fair question, because I think it wont hurt the NZRFUs wallets, surely. No I dont know how much money they got but I know they have more than our RFU. There are risks for the All Blacks (e.g. no profit, injuries, a possible loss to us) and I guess those risks outweigh the good. To answer your question, because they can play there but they wont due to those reasons Ive mentioned which seem greedy IMO.

It will hurt the wallet in lost profit and bottom line, rugby is business whether we like it or not, I agree with you, the reasons seem greedy and are in fact most probably greedy, this is the world we live in.

My point I was really trying to make during my 2nd and 3rd post on this thread is that the Islands and their young men are valuable to the All Blacks, a game in Samoa I think shows appreciation. Thats what I was tryin to say, the proof is in my previous posts.

I agree they are valuable to us, however look at the amount of money we spend on developing them, and a huge portion take that investment and leave to play overseas and we do not get a return on that investment(nor should we).

But if we use your "appreciation" theory, then all those players who play a lifetime in NZ but play for other national teams should reimburse us, or those we develop and then they leave overseas should also reimburse us by the way I think those 2 ideas are really terrible

I agree with what you are getting at but not that we "owe it" or are "obligated" or even have to show our "Appreciation" << 2 way street here.

It should be part of a global development plan for the game that tries to target this type of process, look at FIFA for an example, they have a fantastic development plan and they help fund it, the IRB does not and does not have the money of FIFA either.

Until rugby gets a certain level of global IRB funding these things are going to be hard to happen, this is wrong in many ways but it is reality.

Its all very well to say "**** the money, go ahead and do it" but people have to remember that the NZRU are charged with the job of looking after the present and the future of New Zealand Rugby. They need to be fiscally responsible in everything they do. Were they to substitute a test v Samoa at Apia in place of a money spinner like v Japan in Tokyo, and them the following year, they don't have the money to prevent a player like Fekitoa or Kaino or Barrett going to Europe/Japan, then I for one will be extremely ****** off with them.

A test against Samoa, in Samoa, might be possible as an additional test, perhaps a RWC warm-up match after the Rugby Championship, or since there are no June tours next year, maybe they could fit one in between Super Rugby and the Rugby Championship.

To both Lizard and Cooky, Ive read your posts and ofcourse you cant help but think 'true', and although I fully understand that, I still want the ABs to play over there and it looks like they will. I just dont like how we've had to beg. As Lizard has said it is a business and business only talks money and I guess the ABs have to look out for their future plans moneywise as Cooky has mentioned an example I didnt consider.

I wish it was no fuss and that they played the game already.

Back to the Folau thing. I seriously do think the Wallies will be a force in years to come. I think they're bound to have a major Rugby superstar of P.I decent come through and Folau is just the 1st of many to come. Digby Ioane, while good, I dont see as a great, there will be like a real standout force along the likes of Folau. No it wont happen due a massive caused by the ABs not playing in the Islands. However I just think, with all the P.Is they have over there, especially the Tongans, they're bound to have their own Lomu soon.

Look by no means am I forgetting the white people in the ABs as they are just as valuable as the Islanders. All my talk about Islanders this and Islanders doesnt mean I think that the Islanders are the superior cos we all know better.

Last edited:

Latest posts