• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

All Blacks Team to Face the Wallabies Named.

I think the centre pairing of undie boy and conbrain smith is a killer combo but I don't know about Donald at 1st 5 he might try to hard to play like or better than Carter but at least he can just chuck it out to Carter if he needs to relieve some pressure.

Is there any word on if Mils or Jane are starting yet? can't wait to see the game but to be honest it'll just be an exhibition because there's no really anything riding on it just pride I guess.

Muliaina's on his way to HK and will start unless he catches a flu or something.

Even if Muliaina wasn't playing Toeava would start in the 15 jersey.

Jane will get his chance on this tour at some point. I expect that the Donald-Carter combo might be tried a bit more than the coaches are letting on if it goes well.

Donald's not unlike Carter in that he finds holes that you don't think are there. I think this combination will give the ABs more dimensions then Ma'a Nonu's crash and bang route but will also mean a better kicking game.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Flux @ Oct 29 2008, 03:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Jane will get his chance on this tour at some point. I expect that the Donald-Carter combo might be tried a bit more than the coaches are letting on if it goes well.

Donald's not unlike Carter in that he finds holes that you don't think are there. I think this combination will give the ABs more dimensions then Ma'a Nonu's crash and bang route but will also mean a better kicking game.[/b]

Hmmm.... It's an option if it goes well. But I think it should only be used if there are any injuries in the team, because you don't want your best player playing out of position everytime. I prefer this than Nonu playing at 2nd five. I think this combination will get the wingers and the fullback involved more in the game. With Nonu at 2nd five the ball hardly went outwide wide, that is why no tries were scored by the wingers in the 3Ns.

They weren't afraid to use it when the pressure was on against Aus the last time we played 'em, and that's what makes me think it will be a long term thing despite what's being said. Against the right teams it should hopefully be effective.

Seeing more tries by the wingers will be a welcome sight.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nik @ Oct 29 2008, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
With Nonu at 2nd five the ball hardly went outwide wide, that is why no tries were scored by the wingers in the 3Ns.[/b]

Woodcock was standing in Sivivatu's wing when he scored! does that count as one for the wingers? lol

mils confirmed out stayed home to be with his new baby son. ice in at fullback jane onto the bench. nothing really riding on this match but both teams will want to win and put on a good show in hong kong. they also both have upcoming european tours so would be good to get a win before headinng over their respective games. this could go either way but I think abs will have the edge with plenty of them having played in the recent air nz cup final.

http://www.allblacks.com/index.cfm?layout=...ewsArticle=9068
New dad Muliaina out of Hong Kong Test
NZPA - 30/10/2008
Fullback Mils Muliaina has pulled out of Bledisloe Cup Test against Australia, the All Blacks most experienced back instead opting to stay at home to be with his new baby son.

Muliaina had been expected to arrive in Hong Kong from Auckland this morning but All Blacks management confirmed the 65-Test veteran had instead remained in New Zealand.

His place will be taken by Auckland utility Isaia Toeava while uncapped Wellington fullback Cory Jane comes on to the reserves bench.

Muliaina became a father for the first time on Tuesday when his wife Hayley gave birth to Max, hours after the All Blacks arrived in Hong Kong for their first test against the Wallabies on neutral ground since the 1991 World Cup.

He would have had little preparation time for the Test, with the All Blacks' last major training run starting four hours after he was scheduled to arrive.

Jane is the second new cap named in the side for the fourth and final Bledisloe Cup test of the season, following the inclusion of Wellington teammate Hosea Gear on the right wing when the team were named on Tuesday.

New Zealand: Isaia Toeava, Hosea Gear, Conrad Smith, Daniel Carter, Sitiveni Sivivatu, Stephen Donald, Jimy Cowan, Rodney So'oialo, Richie McCaw (captain), Jerome Kaino, Ali Williams, Brad Thorn, Neemia Tialata, Andrew Hore, Tony Woodcock.

Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Greg Somerville, Anthony Boric, Adam Thomson, Piri Weepu, Ma'a Nonu, Corey Jane.

Latest posts