• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Another rugby game being made

I don't mind waiting for little bits of information to come out. If you know everything now it becomes a loooong wait. :)

Yeah i don't mind waiting either but i don't wanna get myself too excited about a game that i might not even get. I'm not a PC gamer so i'm just really hoping that it comes out on 360 and PS3

Not sure why you assume it's only going to be on Wii and PC. Because of Rugby League 3?

I think it's safe to assume that Rugby Challenge WILL be released on Xbox360 and PS3... Look at the photo with the face models, they look more like Xbox360/PS3 face models than Wii face models.

And look at the NZGamer website for the Rugby Challenge Article, it's been put under Playstation 3. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/features/924/sidhes-rugby-challenge.html

Also, if you look at the platforms it's got PS3/Xbox360/PC. http://nzgamer.com/ps3/games/2399/rugby-challenge.html

The man who wrote the article for nzgamer, Alan Bell, used to work for Sidhe.

But yeah, it's not official until it's announced, but I reckon it's a "certainty" that it's going to be released on PS3 and Xbox360.

It's just some comments I've read and had said to me seem to be pointing in the one console direction and I'm scared that console is going to be Wii.

Sorry to be so antsy about this but missing out on Rugby League 3 ****** me off and missing out on this knowing how good I think it may be because of how good RL3 is would really **** me off.

The development is half way through almost, why no firm announcement now???.

I hope I can look back on this and laugh about how silly I was getting all carried away like this LOL!.

Just mentioned on the Sidhe forums how cool it would be to have both League rules and Union rules in this game.:)

Made my day two rugby games ext year and TBH this is already sounding better then 2012.

It's just some comments I've read and had said to me seem to be pointing in the one console direction and I'm scared that console is going to be Wii.

Sorry to be so antsy about this but missing out on Rugby League 3 ****** me off and missing out on this knowing how good I think it may be because of how good RL3 is would really **** me off.

The development is half way through almost, why no firm announcement now???.

I hope I can look back on this and laugh about how silly I was getting all carried away like this LOL!.

Well I hope so too. Does sound a little more worrying about that direction when you say you've read and heard some "one" console stuff. I just wondered if those player heads we were looking at looked a little to good a resolution to use on Wii?

Done on PC for PC, downgraded slightly for the Wii perhaps.

I dunno, hope it is on all three or the "main" consoles, would be real stink if it isn't.

well i've got good news for those who want managers mode, online play and itm cup.... http://www.stuff.co.nz/technology/games/4343602/Footy-fever-to-ignite-rugby-release
but it's being released by sidhe and they've produced the not so hot RL Live for ps3 so dont expect too much

Looks interesting....
See the player models on his screen - Im gonna guess them in order from left to right.
John Afoa, Keven Mealamu, Jerome Kaino?, Corey Flynn and Joe.

As much as I am looking foward to Rugby 2012, A rugby game made in NZ, by kiwis makes me extremely hopeful. The more rugby games out next year, the better.
BTW, Sidhe didnt make Rugby League Live for PS3, Tru Blu entertainment did. Although Sidhe did make RL3 on Wii, which in my opion was pretty good, apart from the graphics and commentary (Sorry Andrew Voss, ur a nice guy, but Ray Warren craps all over ur commentary).
I think Sidhe lent Tru Blu some voices and motion capture for RLL tho.
Ill prolly get both games when they come out, on PC so I can patch it later :)

Nightline in New Zealand is covering a new rugby game, tonight. More information perhaps.

Keep us posted on the nightline segment man.

I'm sure the staff at Sidhe will be very pleased with the amount of feedback/suggestions accumulated over at the 2012 subforum :p

It looks good. Didn't go into too much detail in terms of game play, but the models for faces actually look very impressive, with the deadline looking to be around the RWC. I'll see if I can find the video when it is releaced on TVNZ.

Looking good on TV there Mario ;).

Last edited:
It looks good. Didn't go into too much detail in terms of game play, but the models for faces actually look very impressive, with the deadline looking to be around the RWC. I'll see if I can find the video when it is releaced on TVNZ.

Looking good on TV there Mario ;).

What is it they say about TV? The camera puts on 30 pounds?

Does this mean rugby2012 and rugby challenge are going to fight over the licenses?

Does this mean rugby2012 and rugby challenge are going to fight over the licenses?

I hope not, but most of the time these rights deals are for exclusivity and commercially it makes sense. Still in a perfect world they could both buy licenses to use them the players/grounds etc, with no exclusivity for either. Then the fans would be really happy. :)

Was Dave Farrier suppose to say the platforms it was being released on Mario? As he said it's being released on PS3, Xbox360 & PC.

I hope not, but most of the time these rights deals are for exclusivity and commercially it makes sense. Still in a perfect world they could both buy licenses to use them the players/grounds etc, with no exclusivity for either. Then the fans would be really happy. :)
Whew.. I hope it comes down to that, looking forward to the new competition between Sidhe and HB Studios!:) PES vs FIFA anyone?

Did I just hear "PS3 and Xbox 360"? David Farrier can be a persuasive guy, so maybe, he somehow, just kind of.....got that out of you Mario, lol? :)

Latest posts