Anthony Mundine vs. Danny Green

W

Wally

DANNY "The Green Machine" GREEN

vs

ANTHONY "The Man" MUNDINE

"The biggest fight in Australian boxing history..."

Aussie Stadium, May 17

The fight was postponed nearly a month ago due to Danny injuring his back during training.

The fight has been delayed a month to May 17.

....and can someone move this thread to the Other Sports section please.

Green fighting fit ahead of Mundine bout

Boxer Danny Green is back in training for next month's fight against Anthony Mundine after recovering from a back injury.

The injury forced the fight to be postponed for a month.

Green said the injury was a frustrating disruption to his preparations, but he felt sure he was now fully recovered.

"I'm very, very happy with the decision I made to postpone the fight for a month," he said.

"I needed that extra two weeks off from training because with the two weeks off because of the back injury, trying to fit five weeks into three weeks just doesn't go.

"I'm pretty bad at maths but I know five doesn't go into three."

Green, who has moved his training base from Perth to Sydney in the lead-up to the fight, said the extra time off had boosted his motivation to win.

"You know realising just how much I wanted the fight and just how disappointing it was to postpone the fight, [and it] made me sit back and think this really does mean a lot to me, and has made me even more focused," he said.

The Green-Mundine bout will take place on May 17 at the Sydney Football Stadium
[/b]
LINK

3270029665.jpg
three.jpg

mundines a f***nut. he should be on the wall of shame. i would make a artical on him, but he would take up the entire wall.

Originally posted by sambãd5@Apr 16 2006, 05:40 PM
mundines a f***nut. he should be on the wall of shame. i would make a artical on him, but he would take up the entire wall.
He may be a cocky *******(so was Ali) but you cant deny the fact he's one of the great athletes in the world.

To be one of the best league players and switch to boxing and become the World Champ with only a handful of fights is a pretty awesome acheivment.

Originally posted by Wally@Apr 16 2006, 04:54 PM
DANNY "The Green Machine" GREEN

vs

ANTHONY "The Man" MUNDINE

"The biggest fight in Australian boxing history..."

Aussie Stadium, April 19.
go green smash the so called 'THE MAN'

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 16 2006, 11:48 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sambãd5
@Apr 16 2006, 05:40 PM
He may be a cocky *******(so was Ali) [/b]
but ali was black. which means hes cool.

the reason why i hate mundine is how he dicked around with the nrl for so long.

I would love nothing more than to see Mundine's arrogant face smashed to pieces, but there is no denying he is an amazing sportsman. He was an incredible league player and I'm starting to think he is an even better boxer.

Wally you wally, you posted this thread in the 'Rugby gaming' section under 'other'...................Bloody mods!

I have never heard of these guys, I'm going for the bald guy.

Originally posted by gjohn85@Apr 17 2006, 11:20 AM
Wally you wally, you posted this thread in the 'Rugby gaming' section under 'other'...................Bloody mods!

I have never heard of these guys, I'm going for the bald guy.
Fair go. Both forums have the word 'other' in them.

My monies on Mundine, call him a nut case, call him whatever... he's doing more for his community than any other person in Australia.

Hope he wins and then goes to the Canberra and smacks out Howard till he says sorry.

first off good going wally for posting in the wrong section of the forum. this section and the sports section may both have other section but this one is preceded by sidhe game above it and swordfish games which you have to be blind to miss

anyway on the topic could be a good fight. green isn't exactly bad but mundine is a hard guy to beat.

Originally posted by esoj@Apr 17 2006, 02:16 PM
first off good going wally for posting in the wrong section of the forum. this section and the sports section may both have other section but this one is preceded by sidhe game above it and swordfish games which you have to be blind to miss
Give him a break, do you kow how hard it is to tell the difference after you've just had 3 bongz ,2 spliffs,2 buckets and a Rocket?........its damn near impossible.

Back on topic..

I've seen all of both these guys pro fights and i honestly cant confidently pick a winner.........Thats what makes this such a great fight.

Mundine has the edge in speed

Green has the edge in power

I think the key factor in this fight is Mundines tactics, i can see him winning if he opts to keep his distance and use his jab and speed advantage(fights smart/boring), but with all the hype around this fight and with a crowd of over 30,000 going nuts we could see a toe to toe war....which should suit Green.

No matter who wins ,with so much intrest and so much money on the table you can guarantee this will become a trilogy.

I'd like to see Green win because he's a Perth boy and he use to train around the corner from my house with my brother. If he wins this fight then he'll have the choice to hold the second fight in perth at subiaco oval in front of 40,000+ mad green machine fans........and that would be sweet :cheers:

i-flashsection.jpg

mundines a f***ing CAT, and he isnt a great sportsman

he was mediocre in the NRL

he has done nothing but fight chump after chump in boxing, thus his boxing credentials are all due to taking the CAT way in fighting washed up has beens, then finally meet a proven in sven otke and gets jawed to the canvas...not too mention the cuban that fixed him too

he is quick - thats it

he has a glass jaw and if green finds it, the mundine camp will meet mr canvas

green is on the outter with boxing - past his prime, after being DQ wrongfully in germany, since then hasnt been the same

for the amount of credit dished out to mundine in this thread this is a disgusting waste of time

the only thing worth giving him credit for is for what he has done for the aboriginal community...........but really anyone can do that, and they should......Dean Widders, Peachey etc all do it............just coz Andre Walker paints a bad name on the aborigines doesnt make Mundine look like God or Ali in anyones mind

if ur from a minority and crack the big time - its stock standard to share the fruits and wealth with ur origins, and hopefully evolve the community to doing the same thing.....Mundine old man for example...he is the real hero.......didnt need a mouth

The GREEN MACHINE all the way baby!!!!

Originally posted by The TRUTH!!+Apr 17 2006, 07:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@Apr 17 2006, 02:16 PM
Give him a break, do you kow how hard it is to tell the difference after you've just had 3 bongz ,2 spliffs,2 buckets and a Rocket?........its damn near impossible.

Back on topic..

I've seen all of both these guys pro fights and i honestly cant confidently pick a winner.........Thats what makes this such a great fight.

Mundine has the edge in speed

Green has the edge in power

I think the key factor in this fight is Mundines tactics, i can see him winning if he opts to keep his distance and use his jab and speed advantage(fights smart/boring), but with all the hype around this fight and with a crowd of over 30,000 going nuts we could see a toe to toe war....which should suit Green.

No matter who wins ,with so much intrest and so much money on the table you can guarantee this will become a trilogy.

I'd like to see Green win because he's a Perth boy and he use to train around the corner from my house with my brother. If he wins this fight then he'll have the choice to hold the second fight in perth at subiaco oval in front of 40,000+ mad green machine fans........and that would be sweet :cheers:

i-flashsection.jpg
[/b]
Do you reckon they'd hold it at Subiaco? That stadium is **** enough for football, it would be a disaster holding a boxing event there. I would have thought they'd opt for Burswood.

How are they even planning to have the boxing at Aussie? I assume the ring will be in a corner or to the side with temporary seating around.

Originally posted by Wally@Apr 18 2006, 11:32 AM
Do you reckon they'd hold it at Subiaco? That stadium is **** enough for football, it would be a disaster holding a boxing event there. I would have thought they'd opt for Burswood.

It's great for footy,not so good for rugby

But yeah i agree it would be **** veiwing wise but thats where Danny was trying to get this fight held. He has his heart set on fighting at Subi and they'd definately sell it out in no time.

How are they even planning to have the boxing at Aussie? I assume the ring will be in a corner or to the side with temporary seating around.[/b]

I reckon the ring will be set up in the centre of the field with all temp seating around the ring........ so it could possibly hold over 40,000.........i aint sure though.

FOXSPORTS

Green 'fitter than league stars'

By Grantlee Kieza

April 5, 2006

WITH six weeks to go before he tackles Anthony Mundine at a celebrated rugby league stadium, Danny Green has been declared fitter than any player in the NRL.

At 76kg he may not have the size or strength of the game's giants such as Brad Thorn or Shane Tronc but the gurus behind the Parramatta Eels' conditioning say Green is in better mental and physical shape than any footballer in the country.

"Without a doubt he is the most complete athlete I've worked with," said the Eels' physical performance manager Hayden Knowles, the man overseeing Green's fitness training for the Mundine fight on May 17 at Aussie Stadium.

"Obviously there are bigger and stronger guys playing in the NRL but in terms of overall endurance, mental toughness, speed and power Danny wins.

"We had a junior league team training alongside Danny at Parramatta Stadium recently and they were just in awe of his work.

"In rugby league terms he has the passion of Mark Riddell, the professionalism of Nathan Cayless and the fitness and strength of a Nathan Hindmarsh."

Knowles and physical trainer Craig Catterick work closely with Green's boxing coach - Bangkok-based Cuban Ismael Salas - in ensuring the Sydney Olympian hits his peak for the shootout after sundown on May 17.

"I've worked with a lot of league players who were really dedicated with their training - Cayless, Stephen Kearney at New Zealand, Jason Taylor and Gary Larson. But Danny is as dedicated and committed as any of them and he has an intensity and determination all on his own."

Green resumed training with Knowles and Catterick yesterday after spending the last month in Perth and he says training at Parramatta Stadium has given a new dimension to his fitness.

"I've never felt fitter or stronger," Green said. "My back injury has come good and I'm tapering perfectly for the big night. I've been waiting six years to fight Anthony Mundine and I can't wait for that bell to ring." [/b]

Tony Mundine quits son's camp

Tuesday April 18, 7:59 PM

Trainer Tony Mundine has reportedly quit his son Anthony's camp just a month before the eagerly-awaited showdown with Danny Green.

Tony Mundine said all was not right in the camp which led to his decision to quit.

"(There were) a few things I didn't like. I want to quit ... and just concentrate on my life," he told the Nine Network.

The news is a major blow to the Mundine camp ahead of its much anticipated showdown with Green on May 17 at Aussie Stadium.

Tony Mundine has been by his son's side since his boxing career started in 2000 after the former rugby league player quit St George Illawarra.

Tony Mundine won Australian ***les in four divisions and unsuccessfully challenged legendary Argentinian Carlos Monzon for the WBA middleweight ***le in Buenos Aires in 1974.

A shocked Anthony Mundine said he was hoping to meet with his dad to try to resolve their differences.

"Tempers flare, certain misunderstandings happen hopefully we can clarify this.

"It's upsetting ... hopefully he can put personal issues aside and think 'I got to be there for my boy'.

"If I have to go in there to do my thing without my dad I have to, it will be very sad," he told the Nine Network.

[/b]

LINK

Timing couldn't have been worse.

Latest posts