• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Ashes 5th Test

A

An Tarbh

Australia go into the final test looking to complete their first Ashes whitewash in over 80 years, they went to Sydney 4 years ago leading 4-0 as well and promptly lost despite Steve Waugh passing 10000 runs and getting his 29th test century. But circumstances are slightly different this time round, firstly England have no Michael Vaughan who scored 183 and was robbed of a double hundred thanks to a dodgy call and Australia will have Glenn McGrath and Shane Warne.

It's all set up for those 2 to have their final swansong with a whitewash in the Ashes. The weather is England's only realistic chance of avoiding it.

Looks like Jamie Darymple will start the test, he should have been there from the start really.

My England XI

1. A. Cook
2. Andrew Strauss
3. Ian Bell
4. KP
5. Paul Collingwood
6. Andrew Flintoff
7. Jaime Darymple
8. Chris Read
9. Mathew Hoggard
10. Steve Harmison
11. Monty Panesar

I'm not sure, I think it should have been Mahmood and Panesar in Brisbane, they'd been there during the Summer and didn't do anything that warranted being dropped.

But Willis made the point superbly, the selectors can name the squad but once the coach and captain are out of the country they can give 2 fingers to the selectors and pick who they like.

Definitely looks like being 5-0 for the Aussies now that Hoggard has been ruled out with a thigh strain. His place goes to James Anderson, they've resisted the urge to go with Dalrymple.

Australia are unchanged as expected.

Well it was one of those tosses that the captains wouldn't have been overly dissappointed in losing but it's come down in favour of England who will have a bat, doesn't look like the best decision considering the overhead conditions and the fact that they're not playing an extra spinner.

Going ***s up for England yet again with them losing 3 quick wickets, all up to Freddie now, just a case of how much he can get while the tail crumbles around him.

Guess Pietersen was off the mark with his 500 prediction then,

England all out for 291, thought Flintoff lost the plot at the end playing that shot, no need, just didn't show any faith in Monty, he'd just survived an over of Warne and then Freddie loses the plot playing that shot off Clark.

England all out for 291, thought Flintoff lost the plot at the end playing that shot, no need, just didn't show any faith in Monty, he'd just survived an over of Warne and then Freddie loses the plot playing that shot off Clark.
[/b]

Australia dismissed for 393, England off to shakey start in second innings Cook gone for 4

91-3 now England, this partnership is crucial for England, they need a stand similar to what they had in Adelaide, otherwise Australia will be looking at 5-0 before the end of tomorow.

well it's pretty much done and dusted now, Flintoff just been stumped not long after Collingwood was out to a decent catch from Hayden. I'll be stunned if England don't lose anymore wickets before the close of play, especially now that Monty is next man in.

Alright didn't realise there was only that amount of time left but still in big trouble, Australia are relentless, not quite sure whether the appetite would be there for a 5-0 if it hadn't been for all the retirements, you only have to look at previous series for that but it should be a formality tomorow. In real terms England 12/5 which sums up how much crap they're in.

You're right, England are noted for winning dead rubbers. Should unfortunately be all over on 4th day.

Warney, Warney, WARNEY!!!

71!!! Did anyone see his full innings?? Incredible stuff, he top scores and he's a bowler. He played some excellent crikcet today, really marvellous stuff. I'm sort of hoping England get a decent lead so he can come in early and get his century!!

For Warne to have a chance of getting a bat in the second innings England would need to get a lead of at least 300 and given how weak the tail has been there's not much chance of that happening. Pietersen is good but he's not that good.

i have to say to u aussies how dissapointed we all are in eng we were absolutly **** and we promise to punish the team and generally give them a hard time of it when they get back for sum simply shocking cricket!! I mean fair enough you guys did deserved to win and you outplayed us but 5-0?? we are very sorry we ruined what should have been an exiting series for you down there!

but sorry to ask this but what are u gonna do w/o warney i mean hes been the matchwinner so many times in his career?

This seems to be a trend in English sport in general though doesn't it? After any major success they generally fall apart pretty quickly...

Its Over

WHITEWASH!!!

Well Done Australia, showed us how to play cricket!!!

This seems to be a trend in English sport in general though doesn't it? After any major success they generally fall apart pretty quickly...
[/b]

Does seem to be a habit alright, read somewhere that someone was whingeing about the England players and management getting their MBEs and OBEs for what they did in the 2005 Ashes and questioning whether it was worthy following what happened in this series. Well firstly that comment was complete bullshit cause you don't say to someone, well we won't give you an award, we'll wait and see if you do it again. But the best thing was Warney throwing back the sledging to Collingwood. "You got an MBE for getting 7 at the Oval, didn't you?". Great stuff. :lol:

and now you wouldnt believe it here....well u could

Warney's personal life is front page news - top of the line stuff - the man is a walking soap opera

FFS i love the guy, but i hope the media beat up doesnt make me sick of him.........already over hearing about Simone and his kids......he is retired for less than a week, and have heard a good 30mins of dumb media news bulletins about him n simone n new years parties n other personal crap

well it was a disapointing ashes wasnt it? worst ashes in recent years. only one team turned up to play england didnt even have a show at it.

stupid eh

Latest posts