Aussie world cup squad

Discussion in 'All Other Sports' started by esoj, Feb 13, 2007.

1. esoj

esoj Guest

well here is the aussies team. no room for cameron white or stuart clark with the injured andrew symonds named in the squad.

Australia: Ricky Ponting (captain), Adam Gilchrist, Matthew Hayden, Michael Clarke, Mike Hussey, Brad Hodge, Shane Watson, Andrew Symonds, Brad Haddin, Brad Hogg, Brett Lee, Mitchell Johnson, Shaun Tait, Nathan Bracken, Glenn McGrath

2. Forum Ad Advertisement

3. melon

melon Guest

The problem with Australian Cricket is that there are so many players that are up to international standard. Australia's "Australia A" team should play more games against international opponents because so many miss out and alot only get 1 or 2 games.

4. BokMagic

BokMagic Guest

Tait in, Clark(close to the best, if not THE best, seam-up bowler in world cricket IMO) out- thank you, Aussie selectors!

Watson in, anybody else out- thank you, Aussie selectors!

What I`m saying is, this is not the best team that Australia could have picked IMO- damn fine side still, but at least 2 selections that I, as a Saffa, will welcome very much. Now, all you guys need to do is chuck out Johnson and bring back Mick Lewis, and I`ll be more confident than I ought to be.

5. St Day 3

St Day 3 Guest

Just this once, and im sure ill live to regret saying this, i think weve got a chance.
    It seems really odd that the Ozzies would leave out Clark, that would be like us leaving out Jones, if hes ever fit again.

6. Wally

Wally Guest

I havn't really been following the cricket since the Ashes but I'm pretty sure Clark is in for Brett Lee.

7. melon

melon Guest

Yep, thats right. He was the first one there at the airport as they were flying out! lol

8. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

Looks like Clark has been going alright over in the Caribbean.

9. melon

melon Guest

Top stuff...wots he done?

10. aussie1st

aussie1st Guest

2 and then 3 wickets. I'm no Clark fan either.

11. melon

melon Guest

Its good to hear he's taking wickets then. Good luck to him, i hope he can atleast partially fill Brett Lee's shoes

Enjoyed this thread? Register to post your reply - click here!