• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia v Ireland

I can't argue with that, he was immense as well. It was an entertaining series, It was
as nice to see them play football for a change!

Huge win for the GAA and Irish sport in general. You don't see an Irish team in any sport go abroad and be either that aggressive or that skillful and you very rarely see them win abroad!

Big congratulations!

Yeah well deserved Irish victory no doubt and there would have been a fairer reflection on the game had the Aussie goals been rightfully disallowed but them's the breaks you expected from their umpire, just hope he doesn't make the trip next year despite the praise on him from Australian tv.

Definitely deserved, especially after what happened in the last series, Ireland definitely set out to prove a point and what better way to spoil Australia's 150 year Aussie Rules celebrations than beating them on Australian soil.

How will this affect Irish football back home? Will there be a new rash of players moving to Australia to play in the AFL?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Prestwick @ Oct 31 2008, 07:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Definitely deserved, especially after what happened in the last series, Ireland definitely set out to prove a point and what better way to spoil Australia's 150 year Aussie Rules celebrations than beating them on Australian soil.

How will this affect Irish football back home? Will there be a new rash of players moving to Australia to play in the AFL?[/b]

I doubt it to be honest, the exposure of the series isn't massive, the games were played on a Friday morning when most people are in work or school and what with it being Hallowe'en and all I doubt too many will be staying in to catch the highlights this evening. It'll get sporadic coverage in the newspapers but it'll be forgotten about by Monday.

I didn't watch either game but hearing the Australian team its always weird seeing it and our best players arent there. (why dont they just pick the All-Australian team?)

Losing to a bunch of amateurs = disgraceful!

Professionals in all but name though, most of the top players work for banks cause they want to be able to use the players for their PR machine and they get cut plenty of slack for their training schedule to boot.

leighton gylnn is practicaly pro (i know again with glynn) hes employed as an ambassitor of wicklow gaa

Latest posts