• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

I would not take anything that comes out of William's mouth too seriously as usual it has been put into his mind by anyone in earshot.......

Eddie? Aussie and we'll known stirrer!!

Eddie and Ali Williams seemed convinced

No Williams didn't say that Mauger was coming back to NZ and Eddie was doing what he does he even said imagine the Leicester fans reaction if he was to say he was joining England.

Mauger is way below the coaching pecking order for NZ he hasn't even been head coach of a super rugby team to think that not even a year into his first head Coah gig at a NH team and he is being eyed for a NZ coaching squad spot is ridiculous

Right here, right now. Everything you own, every penny/cent/rand.

Australia or England?

Series score?

Why?

MVP?

Players that step into the spotlight?

England will win 2-1. Impressive players will be Itoje, Dave Ewers and Dan Robson. For Australia if Joe Tomane plays he will do well and as ever Folau will be class.

Aron is off to New Zealand for a job with the national team

Didn't Jones say that Mauger is off for a job with 'the silver ferns', which unless I'm mistaked is the New Zealand female netball team...i.e he was joking.

Maybe it is naivety on my part but people don't reach the top level of sport (or very rarely) when money is their inner drive to succeed. It's about winning trophies, running out at HQ in front of 82k, these sort of things.

My comment was more to do with your assertion that his motivation was his "ambition" - which didn't make sense, as ambition isn't an end in itself.

But - I'm sure he'd like to win things with England, I'm sure he'd rather win things with Fiji, though.
And yes, I do think you are being naive.

Neal Hatley going to be scrum coach, probably soon enough to be on the tour to Aus, according to the Times; following from the rumours from last weekend.

Last edited:
My comment was more to do with your assertion that his motivation was his "ambition" - which didn't make sense, as ambition isn't an end in itself.

But - I'm sure he'd like to win things with England, I'm sure he'd rather win things with Fiji, though.
And yes, I do think you are being naive.

Winning things with Fiji is simply not an option though. If Hughes' ambition is to play a lot of rugby at the absolute top level and win a World Cup, his choices are try it with England or don't do it. I don't know if that's his motivation, but the pay cheque isn't the only reason a Fijian might pick England over Fiji.

Did anyone else think that Launch looked a level below Kruis and Itoje yesterday? He was involved quite a bit but never really made an impact.

Did anyone else think that Launch looked a level below Kruis and Itoje yesterday? He was involved quite a bit but never really made an impact.

I've always thought lauch's main strengths have been his work rate and the little bit of top end game he has (like great hands etc). I guess sometimes things like that go unnoticed when players like Itoje and kruis, out in smashing tackles or great line out steals.

I think he's a top notch player but definitely below kruis and Itoje right now.

I wonder if lawes will get dropped as the 4th lock and Eddie will bring someone else in. A summer off for lawes is what the doctor ordered!

I think Itoje was standout, but I think Launch showed better than Kruis.

Just checking the stats (I know they aren't everything).

G Kruis 3 passes, 4 runs, 0m, 0DB
J Launchbury 0 passes 11 runs 7m 1DB

Kruis made 13 tackles and missed 2, Launch made 12 and missed 0.

Considering that Wasps only made 90 attempted tackles (75 successful), and Sarries attempted 155 (made 123), Launch worked far harder with regards to the rest of his side.

Launch has really added to his carrying game recently, looking more powerful when he carries, and often keeping on his feet for those extra few yards. However, it may be that this isn't what Eddie needs, depending on the composition of the rest of the pack, and we know Kruis the better in the lineout.

I do think people are over-egging how well Kruis has played in and since the 6N. He was consistently very good in the 6N, but I don't think he's yet had a performance that stacks up with Launch's best.

I don't think there is any doubt that those three are our top guys, and I would be very interested to see what a Launch/Itoje combo looked like in a test.

Interesting ive just heard that Dan Cole has said he's now a stone and a half heavier than at the world cup and feels much better for it.

Boy did the coaching team get the whole conditioning thing wrong for that world cup!

http://www.skysports.com/share/10258049

Faz and Marler both cited . I think Marler was just being an idiot but really feel sorry for Faz . Robson dropped down as he was going to hit him .

Also Tuilagi has apparently got a medial ligament strain . They think it will keep him out of the Worcester game but thankfully it's not a recurring groin injury

Last edited:
When was the last time someone was cited for a high tackle?

Latest posts