• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Yes. It has made the news because there is a reason to write about it, that's what I was saying... I wasn't having a pop at anyone.

You can't have someone conducting psychology on a group - it has to be based on individual relationships.

I'd imagine they are there for any player who wants it, or for players who the coaches want it for.

I was more imagining either a marginal gains type role- painting the dressing rooms the right shade of red, etc, or deciding whether to give the team more/less time off after a big win or whatever.

Seems to me Sarries losing in the European cup final, then losing a premiership final they could have won was mainly mental.

But I see your point, thanks for clarifying.

Speaking of players showing signs of problems, that's Owen Farrell's third high profile high tackle in a year. Next one will fetch a ban of longer than two weeks. Either he starts to keep them down, or he ends up costing someone big.

Yep - you don't knock as many players out going high by coincidence/luck, it's a technical issue.

Speaking of players showing signs of problems, that's Owen Farrell's third high profile high tackle in a year. Next one will fetch a ban of longer than two weeks. Either he starts to keep them down, or he ends up costing someone big.
Arguably it cost Bath a little. The high tackle knocked out Watson messing up our entire back lineman Also Farrell scored a try whilst he should of been off.

Yes I'm still bitter over that decision.

It is also a rugby league way of doing things.....

Does that mean we can blame his dad for something again?

Arguably it cost Bath a little. The high tackle knocked out Watson messing up our entire back lineman Also Farrell scored a try whilst he should of been off.

Yes I'm still bitter over that decision.

With the way Bath are playing, I don't think we can use it as an excuse at all.

Does that mean we can blame his dad for something again?
Times have changed
Our players are getting worse
They won't obey their coaches
They just want to bants and curse

Should we blame the RFU?
Or blame society?
Or should we blame the images on Premiership TV?

No!

Blame Farrell, blame Farrell
With his beady little eyes
And his game plan that won't score tries

Wasn't sure where to post this, because it could legitimately go in about three different threads... but:

ChPIzsnWIAAFUgi.jpg

None of those rumours are farfetched, first two are good, third is dissapointing, if not entirely surprising given how the second half of the season has gone for him.

Last edited:
Not sure why Simpson isn't being considered for the Aus tour? Cares being playing pretty poorly of late and he'd make a great 3rd choice. Wade has to go. He's been class all season and is lethal with ball in hand. Not to say the incumbent pair aren't pretty good but he deserves to show what he can do at the highest level.

Very disappointing if Eastmond wants to head back to league. He's been great for us at bath and has so much to offer in Union as a whole, but it may be he's eyeing up the chance to play for England, or has been offered a big wedge.

By being so open, Marler's positively inviting opponents to try to wind him up. Before they might have thought it possible, now they know. If he thinks he needs help then fine, but might have been better to keep it under the radar for now.

If eastmond does go back to league it's really annoying for devoto who would have stayed and maybe had the 12 shirt.

Now he's at Exeter which is the worst possible thing for hill, Slade and devoto all at one club.

Really annoying for England fans.

Shades of the Burgess/Fearns situation.

Not sure why Simpson isn't being considered for the Aus tour? Cares being playing pretty poorly of late and he'd make a great 3rd choice.
I don't think Simpsons basics are good enough, to be honest.
That said I do agree that Care and Youngs aren't playing their best (with Care the worst of the two). It's pretty much inevitable that those two will tour, though, and if we take 3 scrummies then I'd take Robson every day.

Simpson was being talked up then he got injured. Back now, but people's attentions have wandered elsewhere.

Simpson's a bit like Lawes - occasionally brilliant, but too often ordinary. Not consistent enough for internationals for me.

Am very much liking the look of Harrison at Saints. Good at the breakdown and dynamic going forward, but not in a Binny straight line bulldozing kind of way. Probably not an 8 internationally, but well worth a spin on one of the flanks down under. Haven't been paying enough attention to the line outs - is he a jumper?

I used to be a massive pusher of Simpson, but in the last year or two there have been better prospects coming along (namely Robson) who have dulled my desire for him to get caps somewhat.

Any word on Haskell's injury? I haven't had internet for days.

Simpson was on fire at the start of the season, he's only just back but looking a little slow at the breakdown, though I think the exeter game is a tough one to call him on.

Would have Robson ahead of him though, better all round game, was so chuffed when he signed for Wasps, and he's proved his quality this season. Hopefully he'll get over the concussion soon enough and be available for the playoffs and Aus.

Wade to Aus would be great, as long as he gets on the pitch, if not, it seems a bit daft, and you may as well send him to SA to actually play.

Latest posts