• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

So is Jake Cooper-Woolley in the discussion for tighthead? Solid in the scrum, carries and tackles. He's not the breakdown animal that Cole or Hill are, but he's rather handy.

And Robson surely, but surely, has to be on the plane to Aus.

It will be worth watching but I can't see anything other than a series win to the Ockers.

I'm confident of a 3-0 series win . I have a feeling it will be 2-1 to England though . Our line out will be the difference I think

We managed to see off everyone in the 6N with ease other than the last 10 mins against Wales . Eddie will have more time with the guys again . I think we will improve again into the summer

I'm confident of a 3-0 series win . I have a feeling it will be 2-1 to England though . Our line out will be the difference I think

We managed to see off everyone in the 6N with ease other than the last 10 mins against Wales . Eddie will have more time with the guys again . I think we will improve again into the summer

Got to remember England have only ever won 3 times in Oz. 2 of those wins were in 2003; one of which was the RWC final. The other win was under Johnson when England drew the series 1-1; even then it was only by a point. So, if England were to win the series 2-1 is the more likely.

Still, have to make Wallabies favourites.

Last edited:
Got to remember England have only ever won 3 times in Oz. 2 of those wins were in 2003; one of which was the RWC final. The other win was under Johnson when England drew the series 1-1; even then it was only by a point. So, if England were to win the series 2-1 is the more likely.

Still, have to make Wallabies favourites.

Nay sayer with your sensible ideas ! Haha I'm trying to be positive here !

Watson could miss the Australia tour after being charged with an "act contrary to good sportsmanship", as well as tackling Alex Goode in the air.

The first offence alleges he used "offensive, inappropriate and unprofessional" language after being sent off.

[URL="http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/36018364[/URL]

Watson's generally mild mannered. This was, frankly, an understandable reaction to a poor piece of "by the letter of the law" refereeing. Allowance needs to be made. Starting to get a bit fed up with all these puritanical, nanny state charges.

A summer break will do him good.

I don't think he needs much of a summer break as he's only 22 and needs to be on the plane for Oz.

Hopefully the disciplinary panel will only give him a couple of weeks thus ensuring his inclusion on the tour.

Watson missing would probably see Ashton secure a starting spot.
It's in everyone's best interests if he's available.

I don't think he needs much of a summer break as he's only 22 and needs to be on the plane for Oz.

The RWC preparations began last June. Anyone who was part of that and has been on the treadmill ever since needs a break.

Its pretty much July by the time they get back. Then how long before they're into pre season, the AP, then 4 AIs, the 6N, and then a pressured month touring New Zealand.

I know its their jobs. But that's relentless and I should think a lot of them get sick of the sight of a rugby ball. Physically, its no wonder so many get battered into early retirement.

Watson should get a ban but not past the Oz tour. 6 weeks or so. Interesting if he does get a banned from that tour. Especially when you look at what Pocock got the his 'choke hold' offence in Super Rugby, just 3 weeks (missing just 2 games).

What's the entry level for this?
I wouldn't expect him to get more than 2-4weeks tops

What's the entry level for this?
I wouldn't expect him to get more than 2-4weeks tops

According to the article, 2 weeks, but I don't understand why. If I'm correct in thinking that he would be guilty of breaching 10.4(m), the low end sanction is 4 weeks. If his comments were aimed at the referee, it would be 12 weeks, but this doesn't appear to be the case.

If his tackle is found to be dangerous, presumably he would receive a ban for this too. I'm not 100% on what his offence would be here, I guess it would be 10.4(g) - dangerous charging or knocking down an opponent with the ball. This comes with a low end tariff of 2 weeks.

The RWC preparations began last June. Anyone who was part of that and has been on the treadmill ever since needs a break.

Its pretty much July by the time they get back. Then how long before they're into pre season, the AP, then 4 AIs, the 6N, and then a pressured month touring New Zealand.

I know its their jobs. But that's relentless and I should think a lot of them get sick of the sight of a rugby ball. Physically, its no wonder so many get battered into early retirement.

In theory I agree with you. But what can we do? Cancel the Aussie tour? It's not going to happen.

We need our young backs/wingers to step up down-under and Watson is first on the team-sheet if he's there.

I understand that Eddie has an agreement in place with the RFU and the Clubs that all those that go to Oz will get 5 weeks break when they get back.

Last edited:
A couple more thoughts on this. Why has it taken so long to reach this stage? I know that there was no immediate time pressure as Bath didn't have a match last weekend, but if it had been one within the usual time scale, Watson's chance of missing out on the summer tour. If he does miss out, will we see Goode back in the side or might Nowell be trusted to cover 15?

Apparently Josh Beaumont played fly-half to the age of 17, despite already being 6'7 and presumably quite heavy by then.

There should be a moral there, but I can't think of one.

Apparently Josh Beaumont played fly-half to the age of 17, despite already being 6'7 and presumably quite heavy by then.

There should be a moral there, but I can't think of one.

Josh at fly half for Australia tour? Billy v at 12, Manu at 13 and mako at FB?

That's the lesson I'm taking from this.

As I thought Watson has received a two game suspension in total.

He'll miss the 2 games against Sale and be available after that on April 25th.

This should be a very interesting series. England clearly got a much needed kick up the arse after their dismal world cup performance, and Jones is a better coach now than he ever was when he led Australia, but on home soil with a poor Super Rugby season to make up for, I reckon the Wallabies will be going pretty damned hard in this series. The Cheika-Jones dynamic will make for a lot of good banter too.

Going to be hard to pick, but assuming a full strength Wallabies I'm gonna go with 2-1 to us.

Latest posts