• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australia vs England - 3 Tests - June 2016

Goode has always been a standout for Saracens not so much England.

Just one of those players we will be known as a fantastic club player IMO.

edit: I would say that it's been proven to me that Goode lacks the athleticism to be a dangerous ball runner at international level. That is a gigantic red mark for a full-back, no matter his other talents, and the only thing that will change this is illegal substances. Ergo, I couldn't care less what he does at domestic level, he lacks the quality to step up.

Yeah I see your argument and in an ideal world we would have a Christian Cullen mould available.

However sadly we don't.

Jason Robinson was a lethal runner but he wasn't great under the high ball and positionally was very average.

Mike Brown was an effective runner but hasn't been that for a while.

There are many ways to skin a cat & I think Goode has stood out in many games I've seen him play this season which, by definition, means he's a cut above. He might not have the quick feet of JR but he adds elsewhere.

All you can ask (& Eddie Jones has done so publicly) is that the Eng squad & fringe players keep sticking their hands up while at their clubs & I think Goode has done so more than most other players.

I understand the clamour for Watson to start there which I don't necessarily disagree with but Watson's passing or kicking game isn't anywhere near as good as Goode or his positional play for that matter.

Anyway I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I don't think he's improved immeasurably, he's been quality for Saracens for a long old time.

The way Saracens play has changed a lot over the past 24 months. He's been quality, yes, but in a side playing a changing style. Now they're settled and playing more expansive rugby, he's showing himself to be better and better, at least at that level.

He hasn't had a run of starts since the 2012 Autumn Internationals, I don't think. He deserves another run.

Amazing he got a cap, really, when his fundamentals were so poor :rolleyes:

You joke but if Jack Rowell was still in charge he would have never been given a run out.

Even Andy Robinson would have only picked him because of his namesake.

You could argue that Wade could have a similar impact but he's not been given a chance to shine...?

Stick one, or both, on the Saxons tour.
By the next 6N they could be breaking into the EPS.

Also, with the Wales game being just after the Prem final, I wonder what kind of side we'll put out.
For the Baabaas game it's usually a saxons side, but with the Saxons already scheduled for a tour in RSA, will they make the Wales game a 1st-choice-minus-Saracens-and-Wasps-players side?

Stick one, or both, on the Saxons tour.
By the next 6N they could be breaking into the EPS.

Also, with the Wales game being just after the Prem final, I wonder what kind of side we'll put out.
For the Baabaas game it's usually a saxons side, but with the Saxons already scheduled for a tour in RSA, will they make the Wales game a 1st-choice-minus-Saracens-and-Wasps-players side?

Or Exeter. I'm not counting my chickens yet!

Goode has always been a standout for Saracens not so much England.

Just one of those players we will be known as a fantastic club player IMO.

Tend to agree. And he's always looked like a 10 playing out of position to me.

Shame Lewington isn't being talked about much. For team getting relegated he's been brilliant he's is top 4 England wingers for me with Nowell, Watson and Roko. He has scored a hatful of tries he can defend is solid under the high ball and is rapid. Also as full backs go would have Goode over brown gives you another option with ball in hand and kicking. I mean brown doesn't pass. Also think Yarde should go to Aus.

lewington is being talked about but the trouble is he IS in a team being relegated.

Wouldn't be surprised if Saints are the ones to get him TBH.

I think Dusty was with Tigers academy when he was Joined us.

What do people reckon of Addison's chances?
I'd love to see him on the Saxons tour. Think he's flying under a lot of radars but playing exceptionally well.

What do people reckon of Addison's chances?
I'd love to see him on the Saxons tour. Think he's flying under a lot of radars but playing exceptionally well.

My most recent memory of him is when he tried to blitz Tualagi and bounced off him backwards. I asked my fellow watchers 'who's that ********?' Lol

I really rate Addison TBH.

Would def have him in the Saxons

Although can see Wade, Lewington and Yarde going instead of him.

Haley and Hammersley would be my 15's.

I like the idea of Hughes at 6 with Binny at 8. Been saying it for a while, they are too good to leave out.

One or the other. Binny's got possession at the moment, but Hughes will have that shirt.

Hughes, Itoje and Underhill sounds like sex on a stick to me. An almost perfect balance. Itoje's all round game screams 6 to me, but one of the specific reasons is that I think he could be THE dominant back of the line jumper.

Why are we talking about that classless ******? He's not even eligible until the end of the year and this is about the summer tour.

Latest posts