• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Australian Squad Named

F

Fushitsusha

A bit disappointed to be honest...

Ben Alexander (Brumbies), Adam Ashley-Cooper (Brumbies), Berrick Barnes (Queensland Reds), Al Baxter (NSW Waratahs), Richard Brown (Western Force), Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs), Quade Cooper Queensland Reds), Pekahou Cowan (Western Force), Ryan Cross (Western Force), Matt Giteau (Western Force), Matt Hodgson (Western Force), James Horwill (Queensland Reds), Peter Hynes (Queensland Reds), Peter Kimlin (Brumbies), Drew Mitchell (Western Force), Stephen Moore (Brumbies), Stirling Mortlock (Brumbies), Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs), James O'Connor (Western Force), David Pocock (Western Force), Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs), Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs), Nathan Sharpe (Western Force), George Smith (Brumbies), Timana Tahu (NSW Waratahs) Lote Tuqiri (NSW Waratahs), Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs), Josh Valentine (Western Force), Phil Waugh (NSW Waratahs)

Cowan and Hodgson have no place being there instead of Shepherdson and Mowen or Chapman respectively...

So glad to see James O'Connor in the squad :D IMO he has to start most of the tests, though don't know where. Full-back? Center? Fly-half? He is so talented he could play in any of those positions :D Think I've got a crush on him - same with Matt Giteau :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 21 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Timana Tahu and Quade Cooper why?[/b]
Have to keep the Old boys happy.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ May 21 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ May 21 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ May 21 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cowan and Hodgson have no place being there instead of Shepherdson and Mowen or Chapman respectively...[/b]
Whinge whinge whinge. ;)
[/b][/quote]
The team really needs 3 loosehead props and 4 openside flankers...
[/b][/quote]
Development? Trust in Dingo.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ May 21 2009, 01:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 21 2009, 07:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Timana Tahu and Quade Cooper why?[/b]
Have to keep the Old boys happy.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ May 21 2009, 07:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BLR @ May 21 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ May 21 2009, 09:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Cowan and Hodgson have no place being there instead of Shepherdson and Mowen or Chapman respectively...[/b]
Whinge whinge whinge. ;)
[/b][/quote]
The team really needs 3 loosehead props and 4 openside flankers...
[/b][/quote]
Development? Trust in Dingo.
[/b][/quote]

Pfft... both spots could have been given to players more worthy of the position...

If Baxter goes down Deans is probably going to have to call Shepherdson into the squad anyways... Hodgson probably won't get any game time because he's too small for 6 and 8 at an international level, and 4th in line for 7...

Hopefully the Tri Nations squad will be a lot more promising...

They have to have Tahu to show off their shiny new League player who cost them heaps.

great to see david pocock i want to see him at no.7 and smith at no.6. but where are kurtley beale, cameron shepherd, mark gerrard, wycliff palu, ryan cross, brett sheehan, hugh mcmeniman and digby ioane? apologies if they are injured i didnt know been isolated from a lot of super 14 at school

Ryan Cross is in there :p, Hugh McMeniman is out for 6 months, Digby Ioane just had a shoulder reconstruction otherwise he would be in there, Palu I don't know where he is.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ May 25 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
great to see david pocock i want to see him at no.7 and smith at no.6. but where are kurtley beale, cameron shepherd, mark gerrard, wycliff palu, ryan cross, brett sheehan, hugh mcmeniman and digby ioane? apologies if they are injured i didnt know been isolated from a lot of super 14 at school[/b]

Cross is in the squad...

Gerrard is off to Japan...

Beale is crap, and playing at the U20 World Cup...

Sheehan is crap...

The rest are injured...

No mention of Elsom. They left a position open in the squad for him didnt they? Were pretty sure up here that he's heading home now so you should start factoring him in to your equations.

Deans sees talent in Cooper. Deans also sees Cooper was playing his best before the team started dropping enough players to do a whole season of House. Cooper tries too hard to make every play and that can be fixed. if you look at his runs with the Wallabies he knew he didn't have to make every break and he played like the Star he will be. Cooper unlike Beale still steps up when the games in his hands Beale looks for a corner to hide. Throwing the inside safe pass everytime. I'll take Cooper everyday of the week and twice on Sundays. Look for him to play a hybrid #10/Center Position next year and he'll be Best and Fairest by years end.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ May 26 2009, 07:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (savundra92 @ May 25 2009, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
great to see david pocock i want to see him at no.7 and smith at no.6. but where are kurtley beale, cameron shepherd, mark gerrard, wycliff palu, ryan cross, brett sheehan, hugh mcmeniman and digby ioane? apologies if they are injured i didnt know been isolated from a lot of super 14 at school[/b]

Cross is in the squad...

Gerrard is off to Japan...

Beale is crap, and playing at the U20 World Cup...

Sheehan is crap...

The rest are injured...
[/b][/quote]

thanks for the updates :lol:

its a shame because shepherd and ioane deserve more interantional play. latham kept out shepherd and he was injured last season but couldnt get it back from ashley-cooper. and ioane is very good but wingers are such a key strength in australia. out of mitchell, turner, tuqiri and hynes who will get starting wingers? ashley-cooper i guess already has 15 or maybe mithcell also but he hasnt been playing well for the force recently.

and i missed out cross in the selection my bad

Ioane would play centers for the Wallabies, they would put Mortlock on for the first half and Cross, than take one of them off and put Ioane on to tear everything up, that's how I see it, but he's injured so we will never know.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ May 27 2009, 03:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ioane would play centers for the Wallabies, they would put Mortlock on for the first half and Cross, than take one of them off and put Ioane on to tear everything up, that's how I see it, but he's injured so we will never know.[/b]

Nah, if Ioane had of been fit Deans was going to play him on the wing and retain the Barnes/Mortlock centre partnership...