• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership - If your club could sign one player who would it be and why?

Wow didnt realise Kvesic had made so much distance ball in hand.
And a shame Will Fraser was injured so much last season. He's one to keep an eye on this season if Sarries can keep him fit.

It'll be interesting to see where Bath choose to play Burgess. If he comes in at 6 then he could post some serious stats...though with so many 6's already on their books he may come in a 12.

He was injured for most of the season wasn't he?

Also might have to do with Sarries style.

He played more than double the number minutes than Fraser in the same position, for the same team.
He averaged 4 carries and 6.75 metres per 80min - significantly lower than any of the other players listed...

Screenshot%202014-08-04%2013.20.16.png

I'm not saying he isn't a good player - or that he would be a bad choice as "any player to bring in", on the contrary, I can't think of any club who would turn him down.
But to describe him as "one of the world's best all round" flankers is ********.

Wow didnt realise Kvesic had made so much distance ball in hand.

To be fair, the averages are probably better for gauging how effective a carrier those guys are.
I do think he's one of the best carriers of the lot though - along with Fraser and Haskell, he has the best blend of strength and pace.

Last edited:
Nope not a rounded sort of player at all. But he is a great flanker, i said before that i thought he and Brits where the best foreign imports into the league, i was wrong but they are still very good :p I think Fraser will be the england 7 after the world cup, his link up play is good his running is great, i mean really great and his tackling is obviously good.

He was injured for most of the season wasn't he?

Also might have to do with Sarries style.
If i recall correctly he came back around January maybe a little before, but when he came back he still had to ice his knee everyday for an hour every few hours, something ridiculous. He will probably end up in a wheel chair when he's older. Also our back rowers normally make good ground, i bet Wray,Brown and Vunipola's stats are pretty good with other teams players, just burger isn't a big carrying player.

Fraser has to stay fit Saffycen...he's concerningly injury prone.

Latest posts