• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Aviva Premiership Round 6

Nobblynick:

"Massive game" next week.................thanks for the compliment - not sure you have been watching either Biarritz's general performances or results for the last three years though!!

Do not be fooled by their winning of the Amlin last year, my tip is they will probably be trying to repeat that this year rather than challenging for the H Cup and, at home, Quins should have no problems they way they have been playing despite yesterday!

Well done Welsh and if you want to send Henson down here, we will take him!!

It's still a big game and I'm never one to disrespect the oppo. In a group such as theirs Biarritz and quins have to win their home games and let it come down to who gets the away win. Not discounting Connacht putting a spanner in the works again....

Just like Leinster and Munster did today then eh? or Ulster the other night. Your point would be a good one, if it weren't so demonstrably false.

Sorry, You are quite right. There is still qualification for next year's HEC at this stage of the season. :)

That's what you get when you play James Gaskell at blindside.
Was much better with Vernon vs Tigers.
Does (did) look like they didn't want to commit to the breakdown because they wanted to keep as many men in the defensive line as they could.

Blues match this weekend is massive for us now - we looked better vs Tigers, so hopefully we can push on from that and start building some confidence.

Hows Sales scrum been so far? From what I heard, the Blues' had yet another pasting from Glasgow on the weekend, so could be the same all HC... would not be surprised to see a 0 - 6 win loss ratio for Cardiff in Europe, just don't have the front 5 unit to compete! To boot, just my luck it'll turn Sales season around and see my adopted second team, Welsh, get relegated... <_<

Good result. The performance left a lot to be desired, but I guess they're on an up at the moment so we should be happy with the win. We really shouldn't have let them back into the game after the hour though. I thought the ref had a very good game as it happened.

Still think Welsh will struggle to stay up. They're on a good run of form, but I don't know where else they're going to pick up wins. I fully expect Sale to turn this around eventually, and when they do Welsh will begin the inevitable slide towards the bottom of the heap.

Oh, and Charlie Hodgson was far better than Chavin Henson.

If they can keep picking up bonus points in matches like this, then they have a chance, and it's not as if they haven't picked up a few wins in unexpected places so far anyway. Also give Henson a chance, Hodgson has been playing some damn decent rugby for a while now, this was Hensons first competitive game in a long time. Not exactly surprising if Henson is gonna be a bit behind him. That pass was a beaut too, as was Mackenzie's to put Arscott in too.
That call at the end was utter bullsh*t, never seen a game ended by that before...

My god it is good to be talking about rugby again... Being stuck without internet in the football mad, rugby wilderness that is Deutschland over the past week has led to a few withdrawal symptoms... oh well the beer is damn good

Latest posts