• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Battle of the covers

S

sambãd5

ok, my opinion on covers are :
legendary band preforming live = good
legendary band = good, so long as they dont slaughter it
any old band = good soley if they do it awesome.

so heres what we can do. name a song, by the original artist, and who covered it and vote, and first to 5 votes gets it. provide a reason, and the person who has the best reason gets to choose the next song.

so up first is.....

bob dylan vs jimmy hendrix : all along the watch tower.

reason: the 70's anti war guitaring is legendary, plus one of my favorite lines sounds so much better by mr hendrix, "No reason to get excited!"

R

Ripper

No contest.

Dylans was a meh ballad, boring... although the first time I heard it was 5 minutes ago so I could compare.

Hendrix's version was just awesomeness personified in the sound of a guitar... the best bit is right at the end where he goes "and the wind began to howl" before going out with a bang with the thundering guitar closing.

S

SaintsFan_Webby

Hendrix. Because he plays the guitar left handed ffs! Being a lefty myself, and having made several failed attempts to play anything resembling music, I can confirm it isn't easy.

B

Bullitt

:huh:
All you have to do is restring the Guitar in reverse if your cack-handed.

W

wigan_rlfc

Dylan's has a faster tune and he wrote it but I prefer Hendrix's version.

R

Ripper

Cleansweep to da Hendrix 5-0.

Since I'm the first here, I say mines the best... because I'm orsome like David Tua.

---

Rockin' in the Free World - Neil Young vs Rockin' in the Free World -Pearl Jam.

Pearl Jam's version can be heard on aroubd 50% of their bootlegs from what I can tell... I have 7 different versions of it live... and each one is awesome...

While I like the Neil Young version, Eddie Vessar does it better and Pearl Jam as a whole do it better.

R

Ripper

3 - 0 will do.

Time to pick something the rest of the forum will know.

Queen vs Backdoor Boys - We will rock you.

S

sambãd5

hahaha five - what a joke. i have never seen a song killed so badly before, i can harderly bring myself to listen to the original anymore.

queen all the way.

N

neck

i now this is a double post but this thread has seemed to die so hears another one ......which is better

David Bowie - the man who sold the world
or
Nirvana's cover of the song on live and unplugged in new york???

C

C A Iversen

David Bowie's version is still cool though, I'm gonna go with it. I'm not knocking Nirvana's version, but lets face it, their both good.