• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Best HBO series

BukaMuka

Academy Player
Hello,

What do you think is the best HBO series ever made?

Top 5 for me :

1)Band of Brothers
2) True Detective
3) Game of thrones
4) The Wire
5) The Pacific

The Sopranos.

Game over. Thanks for playing!

Although true detective has grabbed my attention.

I felt The Sopranos went on a bit long. For me:
1: Game of Thrones
2: The Sopranos
3: Boardwalk Empire
4: Extras
5: Silicon Valley

For me I think True Detective season 2 has just undone all the awesomeness of season 1.

Band of Brothers and Game of Thrones...

I think True Detective is overrated and full of itself, even the first one. It's like every episode is trying to tell you how good it is and how edgy it is, no thanks.

Band of Brothers
Rome
Sopranos

Not much time for Game of Thrones and Pacific was a poor attempt compared to Band of Brothers.

Band of Brothers
Rome
Sopranos

Not much time for Game of Thrones and Pacific was a poor attempt compared to Band of Brothers.

The Pacific is some what underrated, it pales in comparison to Band of Brothers, but it had it's strong episodes and showed the grim side of war more than the glorification of it from Band of Brothers. Although it was slow in a lot of areas and the characters weren't as charismatic, like Leckie and Sledge. John Basilone was good though, sad story what happened to him, he was a genuine hero.

The Pacific is some what underrated, it pales in comparison to Band of Brothers, but it had it's strong episodes and showed the grim side of war more than the glorification of it from Band of Brothers. Although it was slow in a lot of areas and the characters weren't as charismatic, like Leckie and Sledge. John Basilone was good though, sad story what happened to him, he was a genuine hero.

Thats was it for me lots of characters were not just uncharismatic but unconvincing too

Not totally original, but Band of Brothers, The Wire and Game of Thrones.

Most underrated: The Ricky Gervais Show.

Oh, didn't realise HBO had a hand in Extras either. Extras is awesome too, one of my favourite sitcoms.

Oh, didn't realise HBO had a hand in Extras either. Extras is awesome too, one of my favourite sitcoms.

The Patrick Stewart clip in extras was gold!

The Sopranos and GOT. Still love the ending of the Sopranos; very original. How many peeps thought their TV had lost power? :)

Of course Boardwalk Empire as well. I thought season 3 was the high point though.
When will they bring HBO Now here?

Last edited:
Breaking Bad

Ohhh, is not a HBO series? Doesn't matter

Walter White rules!

AMC and HBO are really good aren't they. Awesome productions, was X-Files made by HBO? That deserves to be up there if so, looking forward to the new season as well.

It may just me being picky but I don't really think of The Rick Gervais show as an HBO production as it was created well after the Podcasts, which was produced by XFM and then Guardian. Listened to the XFM and RGS podcasts non-stop, shame they dont do more.

Entourage is very good and Deadwood. I personally loved East Bound and Down as well, it's hilarious.

Latest posts