• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Blair replaces O'Leary

Gatland and Edwards will probably want Philips to start no matter what though.

Why is that annoying?

He's the better player and in better form. (Or has been for a long time)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ May 13 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Why is that annoying?

He's the better player and in better form. (Or has been for a long time)[/b]
He's definitely not the better player because when Mike Blair is on form he can change a game.

No disrespect or anything but because of international bias and his form of last year (candidate for IRB player of the year) i believe he is better.

Bashing people out of the way and always taking route one does not mean you're better than Mike Blair.

Good god, could you imagine Phillips trying to do a Dawson dummy when going for the line?! He'd end up lugging the ball in Schalk Burgers face!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ May 13 2009, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
He's the better player and in better form. (Or has been for a long time)[/b]
Nahh Philips is a fine scrum half but while he's big, fast and physical he's hasnt got the quickest delivery. He certainly isnt the better player.

I'd have him penciled in as a starter but I wouldnt be surprised if Blair or Ellis takes the slot for the tests.

I'd like Mike Phillips starting, having a big dude at the base of those rucks with those pesky SA backrowers.

Ellis only got to go on the tour cause I told Geech that I was going on holiday in June and the missus would kill me. Oh, and I'm a prop...other than that I was all set for South Africa!

Blair should`ve been in the original squad in any event. By far and away the best scrumhalf in the NH, and that behind a perpetually underperforming pack of forwards. He should be the 1st-choice starting 9 for the tests.

Would be very interesting to see him up against F Du Preez, especially behind what should be 2 fairly evenly matched packs!

Did nobody see the recent Ospreys-Edinburgh game?

There was only one shining SH in that game from what I could see.

But anyway, I digress. They are both good options and I can't really complain too much. Blair's a good player.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Meh @ May 15 2009, 03:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Did nobody see the recent Ospreys-Edinburgh game?

There was only one shining SH in that game from what I could see.

But anyway, I digress. They are both good options and I can't really complain too much. Blair's a good player.[/b]
Fair enough but I Mike Blair has got a lot of experience (58 caps) and he's a good leader too...not that the Lions need it though...fair point to you...