• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks vs AB's vs Wallabies

Iron Mike

Academy Player
After the three games today, how do you feel with your team going into the tri-nations and how do you think they will do? I thought the Wallabies were good, considering all their injuries, but still lacked flair without Giteau and the dominance they had last year in the front row. Boks so far, game hasn't ended, have been alright, they haven't really gelled and apart from a few individual efforts, there is nothing to shout about. The All Blacks starting out good, but when the inexperienced players came on from the bench and Carter came off, they lost dominance, worrying.

Who do you think will win the tri-nations? All Blacks for me.

How do you rate your teams performance? Wallabies 7/10 All Blacks 7/10 Springboks 8/10

Any particular aspects of your teams game you are worried about? Wallabies, the scrum if these injuries continue. All Blacks, defence. Springboks, attacking with width.

I know the Ozzies have some really good forwards to come back, but if they get injured again a better team than us will do horrible things to them.

I think Boks to win the tri nations. They were playing the best NH team, and beat them comprehensively.

Don't forget England should have won that last game aswell, beating the French doesn't mean much, you have to look at the performances of the team and I just feel the Boks lost that edge they had last year.

I think the main problems with the Boks today were:

No Fourie du Preez, this can only be solved by Ricky (unfortunately) and Morne playing together, and they can only do this in the games against Italy, which have other things planned

And the scrumming, BJ kept collapsing and there weren't many strong platforms to attack from the scrum because of this.

Felt the Olivier-Fourie combination wasn't nearly as effective as the one with De Jongh, and there is of course Jean to factor

All in all I feel the Tri-Nations is for SA to lose, the pack just seems to good, and the backs are brilliant

I think the AB's played the most expansive and exciting game, but let themselves down a bit by letting in some easy tries. I'd say they seem to have found their attacking prowess again, especially players like Dagg, Carter, Jane and Smith, which makes me rate based on the opening games, the AB's as equal favourites with SA for the Tri Nations.

South Africa played a game against France, which was lacking in many of their attacking players. I think had France had a few better attacking options, the scoreline wouldn't be as flattering. As it was, SA won convincingly against the 6 Nations winners. I think they lack the power of the last year Bok team. The rolling maul was poor at best, and except for the odd moment of brilliance from Aplon, the SA team didn't have much flare. One thing I will say, I think people are being a bit tough on Ricky, he made some very good plays such as his tackles around the ruck and the kick which Kirshner f*cked up. Kirshner proved to be as usless as ever, and if he is the starting fullback against Australia and the AB's, SA will leak points.

Australia bet a poor English team. Nothing really can be taken away from this match except to make sure Quade Cooper gets te ball.

I think South Africa haven't done a thing to lose the favourites tag and New Zealand are within 5pts (in a game) of how good they are. It will take atttacking brilliance, more line-out options and unpredictability for NZ to win the Tri-Nations. They can do it, but right now, I'd say S A will win sadly.

So Australia played a weak English team and were expected to win, so not much to take away from that.
NZ played an Irish side which I thought would have given them much more trouble had they not been playing with 13 men for 10 minutes and 14 almost the whole game.

Only real test today was SA vs France, which I thought was definitely the best game.

I'd have to say the Boks are looking the best team at the moment, but I'd like to see some proper tests for the ABs and Wallabies first though.

I reckon the ABs have to players to beat S.A this year Once Nonu gets back and Hosea Gear needs to be in there as well,Loving Dagg at 15 Cullen like.Springboks still looked good,put De Jongh at 12 and swap the fullback.

i reckon springboks for the win
allblacks defeated a a rag tag off form ireland team
sa beat a good french side while the ozzies beat they always foward powerd england i hust think the springboks have it all at them moment great line breaking backs and a monster pack i think the play worse (more boring rugby) than the all blacks but just dont see them losing their edge

Didn't watch the Bok game, but I know you can NEVER write them off. As per the Wallabies, they're good for a few upsets under Sly-Dingo Deans.

If the ABs can increase their chemistry keep pressure on attack, and be consistent in the lineouts, workload and focus on defence, they'll be tough for the Boks.

Latest posts