• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Boks Vs Blacks

I would love to see Rokocoko getting more involved in an AB line up and hope he starts. Kicking wont be as effective as SA have some serious kicking ability for both tatical and drop goals, so I would suggest Rokocoko over Cory Jane, because Rokocoko offers much more speed I would think. The only way for the all blacks to win is to hold onto the ball and give the backs good ball, if we can do that then I rate our chances high, though home advantage should seriously help AB's. Interesting to see Spies nd So'oialo have a go, as well as Heinrich Brüssow and Jerome Kaino, which will be one physical contest, especially if Kaino plays like he did again Australia.

I would also LOVE to see Hosea Gear in the line up, but doubt that will happen.

Well they'd have to import Gear from NZ, so I don't think we'll see him in there.

I dreamt last night we lost 29-8.

If this comes true, i will eat my poo. Ha, that was a rhym! Didn't think it would happen that time. Wait? It's carrying on!? Nah, the rhythm's gone. OMG will it end? Depends on the team and how well they defend. Geez this is getting bad. Hope i don't start a TRF fad.

Ok ok enough.

*Huff*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jul 22 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Well they'd have to import Gear from NZ, so I don't think we'll see him in there.[/b]
Gear hasn't gone to South Africa? I know he has been included in the Tri Nations squad in general...damn.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Nickdnz @ Jul 22 2009, 06:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ChiefsFan @ Jul 22 2009, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well they'd have to import Gear from NZ, so I don't think we'll see him in there.[/b]
Gear hasn't gone to South Africa? I know he has been included in the Tri Nations squad in general...damn.
[/b][/quote]

Yeah it's a shame. Henry could only bring a 28 man squad to SA for some reason, so Gear and Crocket were left at home.

I think New Zealand will beat the Boks to be honest. Quite comfortably. Just an underlying feeling I have...

Here's the AB's lineup. Only a couple of changes, bringing Rokocoko in off the bench and replacing Cowan with Leonard.

1. Tony Woodcock
2. Andrew Hore
3. Neemia Tialata
4. Brad Thorn
5. Isaac Ross
6. Jerome Kaino
7. Richie McCaw - captain
8. Rodney So’oialo
9. Brendon Leonard
10. Stephen Donald
11. Sitiveni Sivivatu
12. Ma’a Nonu
13. Conrad Smith
14. Josevata Rokocoko
15. Mils Muliaina

Reserves:

16. Keven Mealamu
17. Owen Franks
18. Jason Eaton
19. Kieran Read
20. Piri Weepu
21. Luke McAlister
22. Cory Jane

It will probably be quite a low scoring game, the Boks did a helluva lot of kicking against the Lions and the All Blacks dont carry the same attacking threat as they do with Carter. I'll go for a narrow South Africa victory but it could go either way, i have a feeling this TN could be as tight as 2004.

Also although i like Jacobs Fourie finally starting should give JDV and co a bit more confidence of getting over the advantage line and maybe they will open up a bit.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (RugbyHighlights @ Jul 22 2009, 04:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I think New Zealand will beat the Boks to be honest. Quite comfortably. Just an underlying feeling I have...[/b]

I'm afraid this is not the appropriate place to be marketing your feelings.

I have to agree with most of you that it's going to be tough with a small advantage for South Africa, otherwise if Pienaar has his kicking boots on then Boks must win restfully.

WTF Karthago! This is exactly where people should be saying who they think will win. It's also not your forum so It's not your place to tell what should and shouldn't be said.

What the hell did Jimmy Cowan do to deserve being dropped? He was key in the AB's win at Eden Park.

A few things we can expect to see this weekend

• ►McCaw will be targeted and smashed with some late, high, illegal hits; nothing is more certain
    ►Leonard will be found wanting so perhaps Weepu will come on early.
    ►If the AB's try any stupid 50/50 flat or miss passes out wide, Habana will punish them for it.
    ►The Boks rush defence will operate offside all day and the referee will do nothing about it.
    ►The Boks will fill their usual quota of taking out support players off the ball.
    ►The Beast and Tony Woodcock are in for a ***anic struggle (no quarter will be given or asked)
    ►The ABs will be pinged for going off their feet at ruck time.
    ►If the AB's give away any penalties with 60m, one of the Steyns will punish them severely.
    ►There will be at two dropped goals scored, both by the Boks
    ►At least one player (could be from either side) will get a yellow card
    ►At least one player will cop a season ending injury

i'll definetly be watching this game at home on saturday night. i hope the all blacks play differently from last week and the ball gets spread out to the wings more. i personally don't like seeing sivivatu recieving the ball in the centre of the field.

two weeks ago i would have said the boks by a mile, however the all blacks are a bit stronger in defence than they showed us in the pre tri nations internationals.

who's refing the game? is it stuart dickinson?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (InsaneAsylum @ Jul 23 2009, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i'll definetly be watching this game at home on saturday night. i hope the all blacks play differently from last week and the ball gets spread out to the wings more. i personally don't like seeing sivivatu recieving the ball in the centre of the field.[/b]

But that's the thing with Donald, i haven't seen an expansive game with him at 10. Great wingers look for work when the ball doesn't go their way and Sivivatu has a great work rate :)

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (smartcooky @ Jul 23 2009, 02:41 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
What the hell did Jimmy Cowan do to deserve being dropped? He was key in the AB's win at Eden Park.

A few things we can expect to see this weekend

• ►McCaw will be targeted and smashed with some late, high, illegal hits; nothing is more certain

- Schalk Burger is not playing, so no.

►If the AB's try any stupid 50/50 flat or miss passes out wide, Habana will punish them for it.

- I love having Habana on my team.

►The Boks rush defence will operate offside all day and the referee will do nothing about it.

- We have not had a proper 'rush defense' system since the Jake White era. We can't help we have faster players than you.

►The Boks will fill their usual quota of taking out support players off the ball.

- Hopefully nobody will have a brain-fart on the day.

►The ABs will be pinged for going off their feet at ruck time.

- Only if they DO go off their feet.

►If the AB's give away any penalties with 60m, one of the Steyns will punish them severely.

- If he can aim properly. Doesn't help kicking the ball a country mile if it doesn't go where it should. He misses them more often than not.

►There will be at two dropped goals scored, both by the Boks

-Easiest form of points in the game today. If we execute that better than anyone else, we deserve the points.

►At least one player (could be from either side) will get a yellow card

- Bakkies Botha or Richie McCaw FTW.

►At least one player will cop a season ending injury

- Probably Jean de Villiers or Jacque Fourie. Meh.
[/b]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Jul 23 2009, 10:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
WTF Karthago! This is exactly where people should be saying who they think will win. It's also not your forum so It's not your place to tell what should and shouldn't be said.[/b]

Yes and besides that LLorghea is the voice of the forum :D

Latest posts