• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter "absolutely" in doubt for rest of the world cup!!!

Okay, so why did you have to take Steyn from us? Couldn't you have taken Smit? Or the other Steyn?

Interesting listening to Radio Sport in New Zealand. Most callers in are accepting that Carter may be out and that Slade won't set up. Either way I believe Weepu should take up Carter's shirt.

Carter out of World Cup, Cruden called up. Just heard on Radio Sport....

Wow during kicking exercises, like to be lost to injury in a match situation is one thing but this really hurts.

Carter wasnt exactly in vintage form anyway. Hopefully slade or cruden stand up and take the oportunity. Im actually a more dissapointed that they called cruden up he's great in broken play and running attack but not experienced enough for anything else and doesnt read the game well imo.

Honestly i think the rest of the players need to stand up we cant rely on mccaw and carter forever anyway.

I think I saw a rumour that it was Cruden ;)

Yes, Cruden is pulled into the squad.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/all-blacks/5717524/Dan-Carters-Rugby-World-Cup-over

Its a blow, but not a fatal one. He is important, there is no doubt about that, but not indispensible.

DC is just one player, and one player does not make a team.

The TAB have only reduced the odds to 1.60 for the ABs, with South Africa dropping to $6 and Australia to $7, so clearly they don't think its a fatal blow either.

Gutting for the All Blacks

All other teams breathing a sigh of relief though

Hell...

Well we still got a chance, it is after all a 15 man rather than a one man game. Hopefully Slade steps up and the nation actually gets behind him. Honestly, no other first five in the country is going to fill Carter's boots and as a country we have a habit of bagging the second choice first five. Hopefully we stop that now.

I still think New Zealand will win the RWC. The All Blacks are not relying on Carter as much as they were 2 years ago... Guys like Dagg, Nonu and Weepu have stepped up lately and they will be good enough to to take over the duties on attack. As long as Cruden/Slade does the basics right, it's fine

So gutted for Carter. Oh well Weepu should be the starting first five in the knockout stages. Not so confident of Slade or Cruden but any of them should do ok if our forward pack stands up big time. Can't afford to be put on the back foot at all for long periods but me thinks our full strength pack will dominate any other pack and some. Heres hoping.

Yeah gutted for the All Blacks and pretty gutted for Carter as well. He might not have been as good now, but it's still great watching him play.

Not being able to have a chance at playing in a world cup final in your home country is pretty rough, and I feel for the guy.

Latest posts