• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Carter "absolutely" in doubt for rest of the world cup!!!

Man, Stuart Barnes and Jeremy Paul were loving this news in the build up to yesterdays game, giving Ian Jones a hard time and now the entire world is excited and collumns, panel shows, etc everywhere are broadcasting that the rest of the world now have a chance against us...

It just shows the calibre of the man doesn't it.

48 hours sounds more like it, two weeks sounds silly. A mate told me and I told him that sounded like bull dust.

Hope so, we need to try and get Cruden in there as fast as we can so he can get gametime. If his form in the ITM Cup is anything to go on I think he'll do good. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway

Lol, aren't you the same guy doubting Cruden in another thread?.. Who also stated ITM Cup is hardly comparable to International[which is correct but your following explanation isn't]

Lol, aren't you the same guy doubting Cruden in another thread?.. Who also stated ITM Cup is hardly comparable to International[which is correct but your following explanation isn't]
Yep that's me, I wanna have faith in Cruden but he only shows his magic during ITM Cup and not in Super Rugby or International rugby. If he brings his running game he'll do good but seriously his kicking lacks so bad I'd almost compare it to Donalds

You guys know what ticks me off? All my moran friends who barely know anything about rugby saying Daniel Carter is just one player. :lol:

You guys know what ticks me off? All my moran friends who barely know anything about rugby saying Daniel Carter is just one player. :lol:

You know what's worse... facing the aussie crowd after the weekend. Hearing how the All blacks are doomed without Carter, ignoring the fact that they've lost a pool game and haven't shown any inspiring performances.

Regardless if Dan's a GOAT, we should have prepared ourselves better. If we can't win because of one position, I don't honestly believe we even deserve the cup.

Nick Evans, James Arlidge, Kahn Fotuali'i, Jimmy Gopperth, Isa Nacewa, Orene Ai'i, Tusi Pisi, Kurt Morath, Murray Williams, David Hill, Byron Kelleher.

It would be nice if one of you could come back.

You can have Gopperth back no worries. Please. Take him.

Nick Evans, James Arlidge, Kahn Fotuali'i, Jimmy Gopperth, Isa Nacewa, Orene Ai'i, Tusi Pisi, Kurt Morath, Murray Williams, David Hill, Byron Kelleher.

Surely, as Carter's replacement, only Nick Evans would even be considered for that role...and i've not seen him play since last season, so i don't know if he's even any good anymore.

that's a bit harsh on Cruden and Slade to say they are worse at fly half than those players (apart from Nick Evans who is pure quality and Nacewa too)

Arlidge wasn't great for the Dragons whilst he was there and their current fly half Jason Tovey is a big improvement, he now plays at RFU Championship level, Fotuali'i rarely plays at 10, same with Ai'i and Kelleher, Tusi Pisi was poor in his time with the Crusaders (the same period Stephen Brett burst onto the scene), Kurt Morath has never played at Super Rugby level, Murray Williams was a third choice fly half behind Stephen Donald when he played for the Chiefs

Is Carter a huge loss? Yes
Is the AB's world cup over because he is out injured? NO!

It doesn't surprise me that there is a general state of panic in NZ now that Carter has been ruled out, but I still think the AB's deserve to be favourites. Kaino, McCaw and Read didn't stop being the best loose-forward trio in the world now that Carter is ruled out, while Nonu and Smith didn't stop being the best midfield combo. Colin Slade is obviously the man to fill Carter's boots for the simple reason that his style of play is very similar to Carters, hence they don't have to change their style of play at all. Slade is looking better the more he is playing - as long as he realizes that he doesn't need to be a star, but simply a cog in the machine, I think the AB's will function fine with Slade at 10. It will be interesting to see if the AB's rush Aaron Cruden into the 22 to play Argentina, as he could be a real asset on the bench, as he is very capable of exploiting tired defenses.

Slade is looking better the more he is playing - as long as he realizes that he doesn't need to be a star, but simply a cog in the machine, I think the AB's will function fine with Slade at 10.

"Son, remember, the real star is at home with an ice pack on his groin. Just don't mess up."
"Ohh..."

It's a wonderful ego boost for Slade isn't it, when all the media around here (even Steve Hansen at a press conference!) are saying, "Well, with Carter gone, everyone else is just going to have to play much better now."
HAHA! I'm not a fan of Slade - how can you be, with a class player like Carter to compare him to - but that's just not nice.
I even heard someone saying all 15 men are going to have to play 10 times better.

But to be fair, All Blacks are only more likely to lose to 2 other teams in the world with Carter gone. They're still number one contenders for the world cup and if they come through the semi final against Aus/SA then the world cup is theirs.

But to be fair, All Blacks are only more likely to lose to 2 other teams in the world with Carter gone. They're still number one contenders for the world cup and if they come through the semi final against Aus/SA then the world cup is theirs.

Thats an extremely arrogant assumption to make, not to mention disrespectful to the NH teams, whoever they may face. The Final is a one shot deal, too many mistakes and it's anyones.

Thats an extremely arrogant assumption to make, not to mention disrespectful to the NH teams, whoever they may face. The Final is a one shot deal, too many mistakes and it's anyones.

Yeah TRF_RC stop being a typical arrogant AB's supporter :lol:

Yeah TRF_RC stop being a typical arrogant AB's supporter :lol:

:lol: I never thought I'd end up being one of those!
I maintain, that if New Zealand lose the semis Wales will win the world cup. I wouldn't dare disrespect the NH teams!!! :)

The All Blacks will win because Dan Carter's out. He was in the team 2003, 2007 and now 2011, it'll be funny if we win maybe he was jinxed??

Haha what?! Slade and Cruden are better 10's than any on that list (apart from Evans)

Latest posts