• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Challenge Cup Pools 2014/15

Not saying that Skivington is world class but he is huge for us. Also Sheridan at 12 actually gives us some go forward and Homer is still only 23 and if he can stay fit he could impress a few people. To be fair though we've been dire recently so it was just nice to get a win

I have just seen the best game of rugby in a long time we somehow won 43-41 with 14 men for the las 20 minutes and mules Dorrian yes miles Dorrian scoring a last minute try. Bonkers

That Irish result has now pretty much guaranteed their place at the top of the pool, barring a ridiculous miracle from Rovigo!
Blues will definitely qualify as one of the 3 best runners up if they manage to win against Grenoble, and even if they lose they may still just about sneak through.

Dragons are guaranteed top spot of their pool after they won 40 - 29 away to Newcastle. A win against Stade should seal a pretty high seed for them too.

No injured but to be fair if he was in the squad he would be bench because Cowan is one of the best 7s in Europe right now.

Lovely try. Connacht are punching clever so far. Im not convinced by Carty as a distributor but he has a lovely ability to glide through defenders.

Didn't realise Nowell started at 13 in this!
Seems a bit odd considering Whitten is on the wing - wasn't he originally a centre?

Didn't realise Nowell started at 13 in this!
Seems a bit odd considering Whitten is on the wing - wasn't he originally a centre?

Yeah Whitten is usually a 13/wing. Normally comes on for Sam Hill and moves Slade in one. Nowell does in theory have the skill set to be a good 13 but can be best utilised in the back 3 I reckon

Great first half from Newport up in the Toon. Should have a home quarter final!

Bad weekend overall for Irish teams. Connacht will be awfully disappointed

Questions should be raised on why Rovigo are in a competition like this. I understand the need to develop them, but how the hiding from the Blues helped them is beyond me.

Newport will host Cardiff in the quarter finals.
Say what you want about the Challenge Cup, but that's a decent feat for a dire Newport side.
At least we have stacked the deck so that at least one Welsh team makes the semis!

Hahaha gotta laugh that the Dragons did the double over the current Top 14 leaders...

Bet the likes of Morne Steyn love coming to a freezing Newport and losing :p

Questions should be raised on why Rovigo are in a competition like this. I understand the need to develop them, but how the hiding from the Blues helped them is beyond me.

They did pretty well yesterday. But dead chuffed we got a home quarter hoping we can have a go because on our day we can beat anybody in this cup.

That was a 2nd string SF. Not one first team starter in their line-up agst Dragons. Steyn has played ONE game of Top 14 this season after being relegated to the bench by Jules Plisson. So the trip to freezing Newport was made for him :)

That was a 2nd string SF. Not one first team starter in their line-up agst Dragons. Steyn has played ONE game of Top 14 this season after being relegated to the bench by Jules Plisson. So the trip to freezing Newport was made for him :)

Thought the same thing but thought also what is the point in saying it......Dragon supporters have so little joy they might as well enjoy these "victories"!!

Great win for the Dragons! Second string SF team or not (not entirely), they were out classed and should have more sense and sent a stronger team :p Can't hack winter in Wales

Latest posts